Chiangmai Immigration marriage extension

I did mine about 10 days ago. We did arrive quite early, about 7.15am. After passing through the cleansing procedure, we were given an initial ticket, number 8. Then a rather jolly chap checked our paperwork and filled in some of the extra forms. At 8.30 the main office opened and we queued and received ticket number TF2. We waited maybe 20 minutes and our paperwork was taken away to be processed. 20 minutes later we were called through to sign more forms and pay the fee. Another short wait and my photo was taken and passport returned. We were out before 9.30. It was all very efficient. 

I have never seen the office so quiet. I think we could of turned up there at 9.00am and there wouldn't have been a long wait.    

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2020 at 1:29 PM, JimGant said:

How about parking for automobiles?

Easy; Drive inside of the office’s parking, if haven’t place go out and take first u turn. you will find more parking in front IO.... 20 baht.

Edited by Tarteso

I did mine last Thursday, same @Dmaxdan, and finish one hour later. No people, no queue and police very friendly. ????... Don’t forget Make 2 copies of all documents.

Edited by Tarteso

Thanks to every one.

Did mine yesterday.

Arrived in the morning.

Immigration Carpark closed

Health screening

Friendly people checking and assisting with paperwork.

Got inside to counter then:

Problem was the copy of the bank book (savings account).  It must be now updated on the day of the extension.  Although the update on this day would show the same as the previous day without any proof of date of update.

Would not accept internet check.

Apparently this is due to people trying to scam the system?

Had to go back to the bank which didn't open till 11.  Tried to explain what I wanted.  Deposited 20 baht to show the correct date.  Bank was very good and redid bank letter at no cost. (Thanachart TMB bank Big C Hangdong rd)

Note Bank letter valid for 7 days.

Went back after the lunch break. 1300hrs.

Process was fast and efficient out in under an hour.

Apart from having to go back to the bank, vast improvement over previous years.  Although covid has vastly cut the numbers at this moment.  Kudos to staff and helpers. Well done!

See what happens next year.

Nice to know the appointments are back.

Chok dee to all and keep safe.

Edited by newcomer01
Typo

10 hours ago, newcomer01 said:

Although the update on this day would show the same as the previous day without any proof of date of update.

Bangkok Bank passbook adds a date to every line entry. Thus, the same balance forwarded to the next line would have the current date affixed to that line. Obviously, other banks do it differently.