Jump to content

Three thousand foreign teachers waiting to return to Thailand - 165 Filipinos arrived at weekend


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, sambum said:

You're just picking up where I left off! 😀 

Nice!!!   Must be time to binn it now though....before we go off tropic

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't see any of those teachers affording the $100k insurance, period testing and paying for their quarantines as teachers usually not that flush with cash to say the least...

So how did these 165 Filipino teachers get approved?.....And why are 3,000 farang teachers waiting?.......I would speculate most Filipino teachers would be less able to jump through all the hoops and

I guess the Covid insurance $100,000 requirement has gone with all the other crazy schemes.???  

Posted Images

4 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

Speculations are just that, speculations.

 

my guess is you are just <deleted> off bc The Farang has to wait while The Asian Filipino teacher can come in.

 

Sorry, just bc somebody is a white farang it doesnt mean  they are entitled to special treatment. It sucks and is highly  unfair, i know...

I would suggest that for teachers coming from the UK, for most of them the academic year / contracts have .just ended at the end of July, so it has taken them a couple of weeks to get the paperwork, flights and visas organised with the relevent agencies once they finished at their previous schools. 

 

Nothing to do with special treatment just common sense.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

Speculations are just that, speculations.

 

my guess is you are just <deleted> off bc The Farang has to wait while The Asian Filipino teacher can come in.

 

Sorry, just bc somebody is a white farang it doesnt mean  they are entitled to special treatment. It sucks and is highly  unfair, i know...

In a early story else where these teachers are just coming back to old jobs, evidently they had been working in country until the virus broke out. Affording the cost more than likely, if working at a reputable private they could be making upwards of 200,000b a month

  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Actual qualified western teachers are still only paid peanut compared to their home countries. Even the top paying jobs salaries are laughable..

International school salaries here are actually significantly better than UK state schools. Especially when, scholarships for dependents, health care, flight allowance (inc dependents) and bonuses which for some are yearly .... And add in the creative accounting by the school's accountants which reduces the tax bill and many international teachers take home £4000+ net a month. Not many UK teachers make £50000 per annum net in the state or private sector.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, redwood1 said:

So how did these 165 Filipino teachers get approved?.....And why are 3,000 farang teachers waiting?.......I would speculate most Filipino teachers would be less able to jump through all the hoops and pay the money compared to most farang teachers...

 

Unless

 

Some one plans to pay the Filipino teachers less and does not mind footing the bill...

Many of these teachers are already hired and was stranded back home. Do you have any idea how many Filipino/Filipina teachers there are in Thailand, especially in BKK and Chiang Mai during a normal year? There are loads of them. Many of them have probably borrowed the money for the quarantine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, moe666 said:

In a early story else where these teachers are just coming back to old jobs, evidently they had been working in country until the virus broke out. Affording the cost more than likely, if working at a reputable private they could be making upwards of 200,000b a month

"could be making upwards of 200,000b a month"

I strongly doubt that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I smell BS. Or, are the Thai schools offering contracts and employment outside of Thailand. Only expensive private schools do this. What about the 39,000 government schools. I don't think that they are hiring in the same manner!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have met many Thai teachers and their English  skills were severely lacking,  even the ones with English degrees.  I watch several Phillipina YouTube channels and they speak better English than almost all the thai women I have met. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kevin612 said:

What do filipino teachers teach in Thailand? Thanks 

A friend worked at a top notch private school in Bangkok, the filippinos taught everything and a few were paid more than many of the other teachers due to being at the school for many years. Reading the commets here people do not know a thing about what teachers can make at a private school in Thailand. My friend started at 120,000b a month this was base salary more was paid for extra work. He could make 30,000 more a month for extra classes also they were paid 40,000 a month housing allowance. This was 10 years ago. Get your facts straight before posting non-sense.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"could be making upwards of 200,000b a month"

I strongly doubt that. 

Then you do not know what the top notch schools pay, these schools require that the teacher have a teaching certificate from the country they recieved there degree. These schools pay good money because believe it or not they charge 30,000 dollars a year tuition. Believe it or not.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, moe666 said:

A friend worked at a top notch private school in Bangkok, the filippinos taught everything and a few were paid more than many of the other teachers due to being at the school for many years. Reading the commets here people do not know a thing about what teachers can make at a private school in Thailand. My friend started at 120,000b a month this was base salary more was paid for extra work. He could make 30,000 more a month for extra classes also they were paid 40,000 a month housing allowance. This was 10 years ago. Get your facts straight before posting non-sense.

120K THB/month for a filipino teacher,,,in Thailand?

555.....rrrrriiiiiggggggggghhhhhhtttttt!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

With a lot of people losing their jobs here in Thailand due to COVID. Both Thais and foreigners. I am surprised that there is such a demand for schoolteachers as surely a lot of people won't be able to afford the international school fees this coming year

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Darkside Gray said:

Seeing Filipino teachers performance before I very much doubt it.

I’d say they speak and teach better English than some of the so called ESL teachers in Thailand. Met a couple of teachers in Bangkok last year. They had completed their few hours of training and had jobs to go to in Udon Thani schools. One guy was from South Shields and the other Scouser. I just pity the poor kids who where unlucky enough to have them as their teachers. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And the biggest victims are the students (not that most of them care...) and the foreign teachers who are here and never wanted or needed to leave but are treated as another type of virus.... If the rumours are true hundreds of teaching positions are still vacant and schools are looking but the great rulers of most of these schools create a list of about 50 requirements that even a very qualified NES teacher can't fulfill. Lord have mercy! 😩

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...