BANGKOK
motyduke

Certificate of residence in Chaeng Wattana

I need to do a certificate of residence for my thai driving license. It is still possible to do that in Chaeng Wattana ( i read that they don't do anymore or need to go another office) ? And what papers are required ? ( i did it already in the past in another province but seems not clear what i needin bkk)

You have to be doing 90 day reports Chaengwattana immigration to apply for a certificate of residency.

At this time they are being done at the temporary office located at Muang Thong Thani.

Yes i do my 90 days report since more than one year online ! You mean that to get a certificate of residency i should do 90 day report in person ? 

5 minutes ago, motyduke said:

Yes i do my 90 days report since more than one year online ! You mean that to get a certificate of residency i should do 90 day report in person ? 

It does not matter how you did the 90 day reports. They can check for those by looking at their database. Do you have the printed out receipt for your most recent report? It would be good to have it with you.

Application form is here. Application For Certificate Of Residency48.26 kB · 1,145 downloads

If I recall correctly you do not need anything more than the form and your passport.

They will send it to you by EMS in about 2 to 3 weeks after you pay the 200 baht fee for it.

Posted (edited)

Keep in mind you may/will not get a certificate of residence same day you apply for one at CW....it could take a couple of weeks.   Late 2019 when I went to get one to renew my driver license, the CW rep gave me a slip of paper at the very end of the application process which was the appointment day I could come back and pick up the completed certificate....that date was three weeks later.  Everyone else applying for certificate was been given the same "come back in 3 weeks to pickup the completed certificate" as I could easily see & heard what was happening to people applying just before me.  I could also see some people gave the CW rep an envelope with postage to have it mailed to them.    Issue of the certificate is free...easy process....you just don't get the certificate same day at CW...or at least that's the way it worked for me late last year.

Edited by Pib

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Pib said:

Keep in mind you may/will not get a certificate of residence same day you apply for one at CW....it could take a couple of weeks.   Late 2019 when I went to get one to renew my driver license, the CW rep gave me a slip of paper at the very end of the application process which was the appointment day I could come back and pick up the completed certificate....that date was three weeks later.  Everyone else applying for certificate was been given the same "come back in 3 weeks to pickup the completed certificate" as I could easily see & heard what was happening to people applying just before me.  I could also see some people gave the CW rep an envelope with postage to have it mailed to them.    Issue of the certificate is free...easy process....you just don't get the certificate same day at CW...or at least that's the way it worked for me late last year.

What I experienced in late Jan 2020 at CW was very different. It was like Ubonjoe described it. 200 baht per certificate ( I asked for 2). Mailed to me and received it about 2 weeks later. No need to supply envelope with postage.

Edited by JerseytoBKK