Jump to content
BANGKOK
Lim Yuan Hai

When will 90 days reporting exemption be

Recommended Posts

Hi,

The foreigners on long-stay visas who need to comply with the 90-days reporting rule are exempted until 26 September 2020 according to on line news.

Can anyone who has knowledge or experience kindly advise whether it is true?

Thank you and have a nice day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

I’d do it sooner rather than later. I didn’t take advantage of the 90 day reporting amnesty and did mine per the schedule.
My Immigration office is easy to get to, so not much of an effort.

same here ,in and out in about 3 minutes ,didnt even get to sit down.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here in and out in 3 minutes. Didn't want to get into the huge queues when the Amnesty ends. Immigration is advising people to go well before 26th September to avoid queues. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

mines due sept 25th< 🙂

 

did the past 2 this year online... no problems

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still confused despite the explanations  we have before us. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would do your report sooner rather than later. I have been doing mine on the required date, regardless of any 'amnesty'. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

OP, That's because no one addressed your question.

As Ubonjoe mentioned the amnesty was extended and reports are not required. However immigration said that if you skipped you MUST do one during August.

The problem is that it won't be government handling your next report post Sept 26.

I also skipped report during amnesty and tomorrow going all the way to Bangkok from Rayong. Note immigration stated it must be done is person.

Absolute joke.

 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hotrats said:

I would do your report sooner rather than later. I have been doing mine on the required date, regardless of any 'amnesty'. 

Some folk took advice as written in the gazette. Now they need report during August and in Person.

Many folk cannot stroll down to their imm offices. For some it's an all day affair or in my case 3 day as currently away from bkk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today was the 2nd time I have submitted my TM47 online, what a breeze...........now that the system works after all of those years of depending on it work or not and so many TVF complaining that it was the pits, it makes it so much easier now not to have to drive 2 hours and 40 minutes return to drop off the form, saving me time and petrol, besides I like staying in my PJ's all day.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Today was the 2nd time I have submitted my TM47 online, what a breeze...........now that the system works after all of those years of depending on it work or not and so many TVF complaining that it was the pits, it makes it so much easier now not to have to drive 2 hours and 40 minutes return to drop off the form, saving me time and petrol, besides I like staying in my PJ's all day.

Certainly good idea, however the OP is asking what about the amnesty as outlined in gazette. Many folk read into that that government was encouraging people not bother with 90 reports during amnesty.

Many also continued to do report as per usual. 

Immigration recommend various things to government. The need to file report in person during august for anyone who skipped during amnesty was one of them, along with their own made up terms "grace period". None of which were included in recent extension and written into gazette.

So why does anyone need to listen to imm.

Rhetorical question, as it's immigration you deal with in person.

That's why most who skipped report will whimp off to immigration office during Aug to do report in person. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hotrats said:

I would do your report sooner rather than later. I have been doing mine on the required date, regardless of any 'amnesty'. 

What's confusing? Either you do your 90 days reports as usual if you're on long stay, or if you skipped the reports during the last 2 amnesties ( which ended July 31), you shall do your report in August. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Certainly good idea, however the OP is asking what about the amnesty as outlined in gazette. Many folk read into that that government was encouraging people not bother with 90 reports during amnesty.

Many also continued to do report as per usual. 

Immigration recommend various things to government. The need to file report in person during august for anyone who skipped during amnesty was one of them, along with their own made up terms "grace period". None of which were included in recent extension and written into gazette.

So why does anyone need to listen to imm.

Rhetorical question, as it's immigration you deal with in person.

That's why most who skipped report will whimp off to immigration office during Aug to do report in person. 

"Many also continued to do report as per usual."

When immigration announced the first amnesty, they did not talk about long stayers,they we're talking about people "affected by" the coronavirus. Long stayers are/were not affected by the coronavirus, and should do their reports as usual. Imo, it seems like most of the long stayers have done their reports as usual, in person, using snail-mail or online.

Edited by Max69xl
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...