When will 90 days reporting exemption be

13 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

I’d do it sooner rather than later. I didn’t take advantage of the 90 day reporting amnesty and did mine per the schedule.
My Immigration office is easy to get to, so not much of an effort.

same here ,in and out in about 3 minutes ,didnt even get to sit down.

• Like 2

OP, That's because no one addressed your question.

As Ubonjoe mentioned the amnesty was extended and reports are not required. However immigration said that if you skipped you MUST do one during August.

The problem is that it won't be government handling your next report post Sept 26.

I also skipped report during amnesty and tomorrow going all the way to Bangkok from Rayong. Note immigration stated it must be done is person.

Absolute joke.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hotrats said:

I would do your report sooner rather than later. I have been doing mine on the required date, regardless of any 'amnesty'. 

Some folk took advice as written in the gazette. Now they need report during August and in Person.

Many folk cannot stroll down to their imm offices. For some it's an all day affair or in my case 3 day as currently away from bkk.

Today was the 2nd time I have submitted my TM47 online, what a breeze...........now that the system works after all of those years of depending on it work or not and so many TVF complaining that it was the pits, it makes it so much easier now not to have to drive 2 hours and 40 minutes return to drop off the form, saving me time and petrol, besides I like staying in my PJ's all day.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Today was the 2nd time I have submitted my TM47 online, what a breeze...........now that the system works after all of those years of depending on it work or not and so many TVF complaining that it was the pits, it makes it so much easier now not to have to drive 2 hours and 40 minutes return to drop off the form, saving me time and petrol, besides I like staying in my PJ's all day.

Certainly good idea, however the OP is asking what about the amnesty as outlined in gazette. Many folk read into that that government was encouraging people not bother with 90 reports during amnesty.

Many also continued to do report as per usual. 

Immigration recommend various things to government. The need to file report in person during august for anyone who skipped during amnesty was one of them, along with their own made up terms "grace period". None of which were included in recent extension and written into gazette.

So why does anyone need to listen to imm.

Rhetorical question, as it's immigration you deal with in person.

That's why most who skipped report will whimp off to immigration office during Aug to do report in person. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hotrats said:

I would do your report sooner rather than later. I have been doing mine on the required date, regardless of any 'amnesty'. 

What's confusing? Either you do your 90 days reports as usual if you're on long stay, or if you skipped the reports during the last 2 amnesties ( which ended July 31), you shall do your report in August. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Certainly good idea, however the OP is asking what about the amnesty as outlined in gazette. Many folk read into that that government was encouraging people not bother with 90 reports during amnesty.

Many also continued to do report as per usual. 

Immigration recommend various things to government. The need to file report in person during august for anyone who skipped during amnesty was one of them, along with their own made up terms "grace period". None of which were included in recent extension and written into gazette.

So why does anyone need to listen to imm.

Rhetorical question, as it's immigration you deal with in person.

That's why most who skipped report will whimp off to immigration office during Aug to do report in person. 

"Many also continued to do report as per usual."

When immigration announced the first amnesty, they did not talk about long stayers,they we're talking about people "affected by" the coronavirus. Long stayers are/were not affected by the coronavirus, and should do their reports as usual. Imo, it seems like most of the long stayers have done their reports as usual, in person, using snail-mail or online.

Edited by Max69xl
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

When immigration announced the first amnesty, they did not talk about long stayers,they we're talking about people "affected by" the coronavirus. Long stayers are/were not affected by the coronavirus, and should do their reports as usual.

The rules did not state who was exempt from doing the 90 day reports.

Back in April when ministerial notice almost everybody was affected by the lock downs and etc. People were being told to stay at home unless it was something that had to be done. That is why I skipped my report back in April.

31 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"Many also continued to do report as per usual."

When immigration announced the first amnesty, they did not talk about long stayers,they we're talking about people "affected by" the coronavirus. Long stayers are/were not affected by the coronavirus, and should do their reports as usual. Imo, it seems like most of the long stayers have done their reports as usual, in person, using snail-mail or online.

Most foolish post I have read today. 

Read Ubonjoe posts earlier over months. THEY WERE not required.

I expect nothing less from you. So inaccurate on daily basis.

42 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

When immigration announced the first amnesty, they did not talk about long stayers,they we're talking about people

Immigration announced nothing. 

The government announced amnesty and released gazette detail. 

Have a read and spare us.

Each extension of amnesty since has been exactly same wording. 

Why are you confused. The wording and guidelines are down to government and ministry for foreign affairs. 

Immigration are the sh"t kickers.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I'll say hello, next time I see you at the market!  lol

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Most foolish post I have read today. 

Read Ubonjoe posts earlier over months. THEY WERE not required.

I expect nothing less from you. So inaccurate on daily basis.

advice was ginen many times......by the excellent UBONJOE......the man is very good giving us all great advice........

Edited by essox essox
after thought

15 hours ago, DJ54 said:

I did mine as usual at IO 5 minutes then to import market.... makes a nice 

day out about 1 hour each way...

slightly different topic; I can't do it online.  Does it have to be CW if based in BKK or can I go somewhere else more central?

30 minutes ago, Brian K said:

slightly different topic; I can't do it online.  Does it have to be CW if based in BKK or can I go somewhere else more central?

There is not other location you can do it in Bangkok. But at this time 90 day reports have to be done at temporary office at Muan Thang Thani.

You can also do them by mail to CW. Info here: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

On 8/13/2020 at 3:32 PM, ubonjoe said:

There is not other location you can do it in Bangkok. But at this time 90 day reports have to be done at temporary office at Muan Thang Thani.

You can also do them by mail to CW. Info here: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

Thanks Joe.  The link you sent also lists Chamburi Sq: 

Offices accepting notification:

"2. One Stop Center for Visa and Work Permits located at Chamchuri Square Buliding , Floor 18, Phayathai Rd. Phatumwan, Bangkok (Only the specific law)"

What do you think?