Vettle's Head is Broken and Lewis Broke it

I never rated Seb Vettle, a good driver, but not great. He was just lucky to hit a time when all the competition were in a development phase and Red Bull was so much better.  He also had a journeyman team mate in Webber,  who was average at best. Flip a few years and he is at Ferrari, in a competitive car, and he can't cut it.  What's worse, he seems to have gone to pieces mentally and its Lewis that has done it. Lewis is in a dominant car, but not necessarily the fastest on all occasions. Lewis has got inside his head and  destroyed his confidence and shown him to be what he always was, a nice guy, a good driver,  but not a true great.  Now I think he is finished in F1.   Lewis will do the same to Alonso next year, just as he did in his first year in F1 with McLaren.  Lewis is simply the best of the modern era, maybe even the best of all time. 

Edited by Pilotman

6 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Surely u can spell his name correctly even if u make disparaging comments about him.

like I care and surely you could use real words instead of one letter, or maybe you can't spell 'you'?  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

It's a forum not a learning centre for grammatical excellence.

Spelling someone's name incorrectly is disrepectful, especially so when he is the subject of ur diatribe. ( it means rant, just to save u googling )

'Googling' ????????

As an Englishman, I should be a bit anti-German in sport, but I'm not. I have other reasons for just not liking Vettel/Vettle as a driver, although he seems like a nice enough guy, if that's possible in this elitist sport. Michael Schumacher was a true winner, as is LH44. I don't like either as a person, but the winner doesn't get get extra points for being nice. You need to be ruthless to succeed, which is what Shumacher was and LH44 is. But LH44 is a spoilt brat who clings on to his ethnicity for favour and attention and to get away with his remarks and lifestyle. I really don't like him, nor do I think he's as 'great' as some others.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yep, perfect spelling of you. You are the man! Let´s face it, you talked the talk but you failed to walk the walk. ????????????????

Sorry Pilotman, but I was trying to agree with you. Why the sad face?

• Thanks 1

Vettel is a poor loser and a cheat much the same way Schumacher was a cheat although Schumacher was also a supreme racer.

Lewis is talented, no question. 

As as for the best of all time, we’ll never know, the fastest and most reliable cars usually produce a winner.

So the Mercedes team are probably one of the greatest ever teams.

Now if somehow we could have a season of races using identical cars that would be awesome and I’d forecast Vettel to finish 6th.

• Like 1