Transferring visa extension into a new passport

9 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Center to center between both locations is not more than 30-35 min by car (average speed) and the road is not a mud road.

To me not far away to me would not be a 35 minute drive. Also not everybody has their own transport. 

Your post implied that you thought immigration in Jomtien was only for the local area nearby in Pattaya.

I certainly aware it is not a mud road.

On 8/11/2020 at 11:49 AM, ubonjoe said:

You will need a letter from your embassy requesting the stamp transfer.

This completed form. Transfer Stamps To A New Passport

Copies of both passport photo page. And copies of every page of your old passport that has a stamp or visa for Thailand on it.

How soon after receiving the new do we have report for the stamp transfer from the old passport to the new passport?

Unless I am mistaken I read in a post some time ago that an Immigration office had insisted that a new passport required a new visa application. I may have misread that post . On this thread it says that all that was provided for transferring the old visa to the new passport was the Embassy letter. Clarification or correction would be welcomed.

1 hour ago, BobinBKK said:

How soon after receiving the new do we have report for the stamp transfer from the old passport to the new passport?

There is not set period of time to do it.

I suggest doing it as soon as possible so that everything to do with your stay in the country is in your new passport.

18 minutes ago, john smith said:

Unless I am mistaken I read in a post some time ago that an Immigration office had insisted that a new passport required a new visa application.

That requirement does not exist.

17 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Where did you do yours? My passport will be delivered to my condo. The embassy called and said I'd need a letter to confirm new passport which would cost 1,200 baht. 

Would be nice if I didn't need the letter. 

I did mine in person at the Australian Embassy. It was during the Covid business and they mailed it to my address (I had to write my address on an envelope). It took under 3 weeks. There was no letter with it, but the IO (Mahasarakham) didn't ask for anything from the Embassy when they transferred the stamps.

17 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

I did mine in person at the Australian Embassy. It was during the Covid business and they mailed it to my address (I had to write my address on an envelope). It took under 3 weeks. There was no letter with it, but the IO (Mahasarakham) didn't ask for anything from the Embassy when they transferred the stamps.

Ah, cheers.

I have to do mine in Bkk. They sent me my passport from the embassy to my home address. They also said I need a letter giving immigration permission to transfer visas. Hoping I won't need a letter.