No new Covid-19 case for second consecutive day

webfact

No new Covid-19 case for second consecutive day

By The Nation

800_72a0e2f22edfc7f.jpg?v=1597121073

For the second successive day there were no new Covid-19 cases over a 24-hour period on Tuesday (August 11), the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said.

It was the 78th day without domestic cases since May.

Meanwhile, three patients were discharged and returned home.

As of August 11, the total number of confirmed cases in the country stood at 3,351 (414 in state quarantine) -- 130 are under treatment, 3,163 have recovered and been discharged, and there have been 58 deaths.

Globally, the total number of confirmed cases rose to 20.2 million since the outbreak, up by 224,000 on Monday, of whom 13.1 million have recovered while deaths stood at 738,000.

Thailand’s rank stays at 112th among countries with most number of cases in the world while the US has the highest number (5.25 million), followed by Brazil (3.05 million) and India ( 2.26 million).

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392795

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-11

Yet we are all still wearing masks. Even out on the street. What's up with that? I totally get it in a store or a mall but everywhere else especially outside it's just nuts. I haven't even cycled because of it for months. No exercise anymore. Will this mask thing ever change?

1 hour ago, AgentSmith said:

Yet we are all still wearing masks. Even out on the street. What's up with that? I totally get it in a store or a mall but everywhere else especially outside it's just nuts. I haven't even cycled because of it for months. No exercise anymore. Will this mask thing ever change?

I cycle for exercise nearly every day and never wear a mask when I'm doing it, a policeman told my wife to tell me that I must always wear it or get fined 20.000Bt. I do not agree with wearing a mask for exercise so I just don't wear it and to hell with their stupid law.