Reasonable Fee for Land Office Registration Service? (via Power of Attorney)

Hi guys,

I’m getting quotes all over the place, up to in excess of 100,000 THB.

I am not able to enter Thailand so am going to need to use the POA to have a lawyer do the transfer, on my behalf.

So just wondering, how much did you pay for this service? (or how much have you heard of someone else paying for this service)

Appreciate your reply/time,

Saul

It doesnt need to be a lawyer with POA, you can get anyone to represent you with a POA. 

I think you can sign the POA document at your local Thai consulate and post it over to your representative.

I've used a lawyer both times I got title on my condo (once on joint purchase with wife and then on transfer of her share to me on divorce - stupid me putting in joint names - costly lesson learnt!). I/We used POA both times as we were out of the country just sent the IDs and signed POAs to the lawyer by FedEx/DHL or similar. The lawyer handled things very well and there were no delays or issues getting the chanote updated and tax paid etc. By using a good lawyer you are most likely to ensure all is in order as they should know all the rules and regulations. Depending on the amount of work 30K-100K THB could be in order but it depends on the complexity of the transaction, work involved and the quality of lawyer.

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

I've used a lawyer both times I got title on my condo (once on joint purchase with wife and then on transfer of her share to me on divorce - stupid me putting in joint names - costly lesson learnt!). I/We used POA both times as we were out of the country just sent the IDs and signed POAs to the lawyer by FedEx/DHL or similar. The lawyer handled things very well and there were no delays or issues getting the chanote updated and tax paid etc. By using a good lawyer you are most likely to ensure all is in order as they should know all the rules and regulations. Depending on the amount of work 30K-100K THB could be in order but it depends on the complexity of the transaction, work involved and the quality of lawyer.

So if you are buying a condo, they will arrange the FET?...

3 hours ago, baansgr said:

So if you are buying a condo, they will arrange the FET?...

Yes, the Thai laywer helped with the FET.  Here's my full story; bought condo in 2009 for 6 million Thai Baht. I/We Sent funds from UK joint named account to Thai lawyer client account with reason for transfer as (purchase of condo x for x amount Thai baht in x names). No problem. 7 years later on, divorce, Land Department needed me as purchaser of ex-wife's 50% share to send another foreign transfer for the balance of her share. All good and lucky I had access to send overseas funds again for half property value. Once the title was reverted to my sole name, the lawyer sent the funds back to my UK account. My divorce was settled in the UK.