Covid-19 vaccine 'will be out in 6 months'

webfact

1 hour ago, mike1967 said:

I just wonder how many people will be queuing up for an unproven vaccine? You can hear the news in 5 years time about the possible side effects.

russia will begin innoculating teachers and health care workers tomorrow with their new super-warpdrive vaccine, with mass vaccinations to begin in october.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

russia will begin innoculating teachers and health care workers tomorrow with their new super-warpdrive vaccine, with mass vaccinations to begin in october.

Ah, reminds me of the good old days when Stalin ordered to shoot the soldiers that were trying to turn back from the frontlines. Tiger & stripes, (C)CCP is going on strong.

45 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

If you're going to step on a landmine, do it with style, a good high hop with both legs in, eh?

I understand your meaning , but have to say Thailand don't have landmine's!

They have sign to Ottawa Treaty. USA,Russia,China,Pakistan and India are not sign up.

What coming to vaccine, there is not going to be one!

Edited by 2 is 1

13 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Funny you should say that, friend of mine sent me a text last night, it went like this.

"It's a tough call. Do I risk getting Covid with its 99.9% recovery rate..... 

Or do I get the Vaccine with its 80% Adverse Reaction rate, the one that has killed 5 people so far in the trials ? What a predicament".

That said I know she is anti vaccines, never had one in her life, so whether the above is true or not there was no link or evidence to suggest it was correct. My family and I have every vaccine required since birth.

As for lining up for the jab on this one, well as the saying goes, when everyone's running to the water to get wet and cool down, just wait a little while longer to make sure nothing is lurking in the background, especially in swimming pools.

Candy Swimming GIF by Trolli - Find & Share on GIPHY

Yes, I totally agree with hanging back. Thailand has no plan for dealing with the virus on a daily basis. Easy to shut the borders but the difficult part is living with the virus and keeping the economy up and running, even if not to full capacity. Having spent a lot of time in Thailand over the last 10 years, and wanting to return, I definitely have my reservations about any vaccine. I'm positive I'm not alone with my concerns. If Thailand is waiting for a vaccine to be their magical answer to the tourists returning then they may be in for a rude awakening.

Edited by mike1967
Spelling error
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

Ah, reminds me of the good old days when Stalin ordered to shoot the soldiers that were trying to turn back from the frontlines. Tiger & stripes, (C)CCP is going on strong.

it's on the intertubes, so it's gotta be true.  sounds like they went ueber-warpdrive and skipped some of the testing steps, or at least shortened them considerably.

if it works, great.  they said vaccination will be offered free of charge. read elsewhere india would be one country they'll use for mass production.

if it doesn't work, well, it is what it is.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, mike1967 said:

Yes, I totally agree with hanging back. Thailand has no plan for dealing with the virus on a daily basis. Easy to shut the borders but the difficult part is living with the virus and keeping the economy up and running, even if not to full capacity. Having spent a lot of time in Thailand over the last 10 years, and wanting to return, I definitely have my reservations about any vaccine. I'm positive I'm not alone with my concerns. If Thailand is waiting for a vaccine to be their magical answer to the tourists to returning then they may be in for a rude awakening.

Exactly that. As much as I respect this country it's not a front runner when it comes to research or academia in general. Governments everywhere struggle with this virus and the Thai government especially doesn't seem to have a good overview of the facts. Given how Thai culture works I also wouldn't want to be in any government advisor's shoes here. Betting on a vaccine is grasping at straws really. The Thai are in for a massive reality check next year.

1 minute ago, AgentSmith said:

Exactly that. As much as I respect this country it's not a front runner when it comes to research or academia in general. Governments everywhere struggle with this virus and the Thai government especially doesn't seem to have a good overview of the facts. Given how Thai culture works I also wouldn't want to be in any government advisor's shoes here. Betting on a vaccine is grasping at straws really. The Thai are in for a massive reality check next year.

Unfortunately Thailand is known for having 'no plan for tomorrow'. Please correct me if there is any kind of plan in place. I'm not a fan of the South but having been to some of the islands at Christmas, and seeing how quiet they were, I can only imagine how they will look next year....let alone the prices.

23 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Funny you should say that, friend of mine sent me a text last night, it went like this.

"It's a tough call. Do I risk getting Covid with its 99.9% recovery rate..... 

Or do I get the Vaccine with its 80% Adverse Reaction rate, the one that has killed 5 people so far in the trials ? What a predicament".

That said I know she is anti vaccines, never had one in her life, so whether the above is true or not there was no link or evidence to suggest it was correct. My family and I have every vaccine required since birth.

As for lining up for the jab on this one, well as the saying goes, when everyone's running to the water to get wet and cool down, just wait a little while longer to make sure nothing is lurking in the background, especially in swimming pools.

Candy Swimming GIF by Trolli - Find & Share on GIPHY

You must consider consider two additional factors.

• If vaccine will 100 percent be required for ai Farang to remain in or enter Thailand 
  • The vaccine will be required for international travel, in general

25 minutes ago, AgentSmith said:

Sorry I don't do conspiracy theories. Only science.

Do you think that Pr Raoult, the world number one authority in this kind of disease, is engaged in conspiracy theories... and of course that you know better than him? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

if it works, great.  they said vaccination will be offered free of charge. read elsewhere india would be one country they'll use for mass production.

If it works the West will NEVER admit it. 

It's not only in Thailand that some would rather die than lose face... 

7 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

If it works the West will NEVER admit it. 

It's not only in Thailand that some would rather die than lose face... 

it's not as much that it comes from mordor, it's that the vaccine is to be provided to their citizens free of charge, and essentially gifted the rights to manufacture to the world.    big pharma no likee!  they want their billion dollah contracts!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vermin on arrival said:

They are trying to keep the people happy. Help is just around the corner so tolerate all the hardship now. At the same time, they try to keep them in fear of a second wave. Doesn't matter if any of it is true.

Control by fear...

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Most countries should be able to produce a Covid-19 vaccine in the next six months, the Public Health Ministry declared on Monday (August 10).

What a minute....what is this about a 'most counties' comment?

Who could possibly trust a strange farang vaccine produced in strange farang places like the UK or Germany? The people of Thailand expect nothing but the best....and will wait for an effective, dependable, and reliable product. One manufactured right here in trusted Thailand....the hub of trusted medical solutions.

Unless of course....China decides to test their budget version here. Then all bets are off and everyone needs to shut up and get in line.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

it's not as much that it comes from mordor, it's that the vaccine is to be provided to their citizens free of charge, and essentially gifted the rights to manufacture to the world.    big pharma no likee!  they want their billion dollah contracts!

what about big pharma wants 7 billion x 50$ a pop, 2-3 times a year ?

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

I guess thailand has a great track record to come out a make a sweeping statement like this....

Not smart....

Russia has declared it has the vaccine and it is in use, 1 of Putin's daughters has tried it(Possibly not his favourite daughter)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

it's on the intertubes, so it's gotta be true.  sounds like they went ueber-warpdrive and skipped some of the testing steps, or at least shortened them considerably.

if it doesn't work, well, it is what it is.

Its actually in stage 3 testing in 3 others countries (Middle East and Africa) as well as Russia at the moment. AstraZeneca is also testing in other countries as well.

Russia's actually said that it would be free in Russia but licensed elsewhere. They will publish internationally the a scientific paper in the next few days to show their research to everyone.

I have been surprised how many media outlets have ignored this (media bias?). Al jazzera and BBC carried big stories on it though.

Edited by MRToMRT
  • Like 1