Covid-19 vaccine 'will be out in 6 months'

webfact

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

According to the news now it's been used on a 'select few' who all claim no side effects and a rise in covid antibodies but it's not for general use yet until stage 3 trials are completed.

thank you for your informative reply, now i am wiser as to what is going on. 

i'll just get another drink ...

cheers.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

thank you for your informative reply, now i am wiser as to what is going on. 

i'll just get another drink ...

cheers.

China also have a couple of hundred soldiers who were happy to have a go.

In my days it worked like 'I need 3 volunteers, you, you and you, follow me'.

• Haha 2

Big joke...

EVERY MONTH they said in 6 month there is a new vaccine. It is now 3 month already they said in 6 month.

Never mind, the most important you have to understand is that they don't care economy of there own population (they are themselve very rich, it is not there own problem), but to make profit more with a kind of vaccine they will impose at expensive price.

"Big pharma's gang connection" corruption is also in Thailand.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 8:05 AM, webfact said:

and one is being used on the Chinese army even though it has not yet undergone the third phase of testing," he said.

Nachtigall ik hoer dir trapsen! - Nightingale, I hear you galumph !

I can tell, which way the wind is blowing ...

Time to leave LoS, if they enforce vaccination with a vaccine „tested“ and produced in PR China !

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Did you click on the link at the bottom of post #112, here is an extract and I have also heard this from other countries.

In April, the University of Oxford and AstraZeneca announced an agreement to produce a billion doses of the vaccine. They agreed to sell the vaccine at cost, to make it as widely available as possible.

Sure and we believe that it is being sold at cost.  Even if, 1 billion doses for 8 million people is not enough. 

Plus still money to be made from flu vaccine that is being sold more.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

Sure and we believe that it is being sold at cost.  Even if, 1 billion doses for 8 million people is not enough. 

Actually, vaccines are not considered all that profitable.  This one will probably be more profitable than most but there are more companies coming out with vaccines as well.

I think they already said the price will be around $10-20 in the US.  Probably a lot less in the 3rd world.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kohkah said:

I'm working in the pharma industry and I definitely wait with vaccination until long term studies have shown the vaccination works and has low side effects.

Yes. What is the the mentality of some people that want to rush out and have this vaccine without knowing any long term possible side effects? 

They might be too trusting.  Imagine they want to rush back to Thailand for the women and cheep beer...but then a year or 2 down the road they might develop cancer or seizures. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Miami007 said:

What is the problem, eventually there will be enough manufactured to go around by the other pharma companies. Business is business and if it is a cure for the Covid-19 and possibly future viruses, then I see no problem with Pharma making money out of it.

Would you prefer that we didn't have pharmaceutical companies at all ?

I don't think you know how the industry works and much is invested into Risk & Development.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Yes. What is the the mentality of some people that want to rush out and have this vaccine without knowing any long term possible side effects? 

They might be too trusting.  Imagine they want to rush back to Thailand for the women and cheep beer...but then a year or 2 down the road they might develop cancer or seizures. 

As opposed to all sorts of sexually transmitted diseases, let the lab rats out, at least that way we will know if it works or not ????

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 11:28 PM, darksidedog said:

Declaring that most countries can achieve something that no country managed for SARS or MERS seems premature.

Putting a seriously optimistic timeline on it too.

While I hope it turns out that way, or even one genuine vaccine arrives, I suspect it might be a bit longer than 6 months before there is enough to go around.

My understanding is that SARS and MERS were controlled because infected individuals had symptoms before they could infect others and so were isolated.  At least for SARS I believe it was controlled very quickly before vaccine development could be completed.  But since SARS was a Corona virus as well, much that was learned in the effort to develop a SARS vaccine has been useful in developing a COVID 19 vaccine.

(Luckily for me I am posting this on Thai Visa so if I am in any way mistaken I know I will be politely corrected.)

On 8/11/2020 at 12:54 AM, vivananahuahin said:

I think also,and a scientist never talks about a second wave but a new peak,they are too much ultracrepiderians in this world .

Great and useful word, ultracrepiderian.  thanks.

I just wonder when or if I will ever encounter an ultracrepiderian on the inter-webs.

Certainly not on ThaiVisa.