Pattaya petrol pump employee makes off with a small fortune

webfact

14 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Couple years ago a Thai friend took a couple of us to such a "zone". I thought we were driving down some residential soi heading to a bar somewhere when he stopped and started talking to a woman standing on the sidewalk. We looked around and most of the "houses" were actually bars - without any signs or people on the street (and of course, no throngs of "Westerners").

We stopped at a couple more places and buddy spoke to the "mammasans" but it seems that most of the "staff" hadn't shown up yet. The staff apparently being made up mainly of Uni girls from Bangkok that would come down to Pattaya on the weekends to make a little spending money and have a good time. (I think we were there during a weekday evening and there were only a few "local" girls around. Kind of like going to Ban Chang in the early afternoon of a weekday.)

I'm told that this "area" moves around and doesn't stay in any one location for an extended period of time (to avoid scrutiny and unwanted attention). 

People often forget that the majority of the "Pay4Play" business in Thailand is "domestic". Foreigners represent a small percentage of the overall trade, but are usually the most visible and therefore the perception is that it all revolves around them.

Some of those foreigners would probably get quite upset at the notion that something wasn't completely dependent on them.

i remember seeing one in the nimman area...looked like a house but dark windows...Id never dare go in

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Police said they have worked out the suspect's escape route and are tracking him down.

Plod will have him in three days.  CCTV cameras will show him driving direct to his mum's house; then to a local office to get a new ID card in a different name; then to a new phone shop.  I am confident an arrest will be made soon but no money will be returned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Not the destination of choice for most minimum wage Thai guys to head to. They know much better places to go. ????

Yeah they'll hit the karaoke bar 5 minutes up the road from mothers home... she'll be at home with an extra large portion of somtam & chicken, the ole man will be face down in the dirt holding a bottle of Lao Khao.

They'll get him tomorrow minus 150,000 baht, a few prezzies for the family.

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Maybe 20 years ago they were...a lot fewer to refill back then.

When I came here, almost 30 years ago, ATM's already got filled by security companies using an armoured vehicle.

They have never been filled by bank employees riding a moped, because the money for those ATM's has to be transported in from a central location like the headoffice.

It doesn't grow on a tree in the local branch

Edited by Susco