Schools going back to pre Covid conditions

Schools tentatively set to reopen as normal on August 13th
By webfact, Yesterday at 03:07 AM in Thailand News

The Office of Basic Education Commission (OBEC) proposed the normal reopening of 4,500 schools under its supervision to the CCSA, now that the COVID-19 situation in Thailand has improved, without a single case of local infection for more than two months.

Some private schools I know of around BKK tried doing split classes last month. Then following complaints from parents, that their kids were only getting some classes once a week, or every other week, they had to quickly go back to a regular schedule. Apparently, getting their money's worth overrode Covid concerns.

• Like 1

My kids are at private and public schools and have been back since 1st July  doing full time studies. But in saying that the government school my kids don't go to are currently doing split shifts. No one around here seems to know what's what.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

My kids are at private and public schools and have been back since 1st July  doing full time studies. But in saying that the government school my kids don't go to are currently doing split shifts. No one around here seems to know what's what.

SNAFU......

Zero COVID 19, kids are fine and we've already stared a few weeks ago.

But the school is small and has temperature scanners for all heights and sanitizers for free. Of course also masks for visitors.  

There's a time when I thought I had caught it, but it was an ordinary flu.

And to be honest, I do not think that I could easily get it. I stay healthy, do exercises and think positive.  

But some security measures should be done daily. Never forget that it's still around. 

On 8/13/2020 at 1:12 PM, Bob12345 said:

They do experience negative effects of missing school, not being able to be around friends, being home all day with annoyed parents

But that was indeed being taken care of, just on a reduced schedule. Instead of a class meeting twice a week, it was once a week, or every other week for once a week classes.

Here's a story for you. A friend at one of these private schools sent me a screenshot of a Line group with parents. They of course were complaining about the situation. Teachers were also in there trying to clarify class schedules, for each of the parents. One of them said, "You mean you won't see my daughter again until Thursday?" Haha. This was on a Tuesday. The normal schedule for that class was twice a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays.

That student's particular class wasn't affected. Yet some people, especially certain hi-so people who send their kids to private schools, in a crisis situation when everyone else has been trying to cope, just love finding things to complain about.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Ekkamai food court about 3:00-4:00 after regular school.  It was packed with students- difficult to find a spare table.  Some were eating, but most we just socializing.  Nobody was wearing masks.  Students crowded together (no masks) looking at the same phone or doing homework together. Students were laughing and enjoying themselves. There must be no Covid-19 or it would have spread like wild fire in this environment.  

At my school, we are being strict about students and teachers wearing mask and social distancing.  Teachers and students all get temperature check and sanitizing gel in the classrooms and entrance.

But outside of school, it seems many students are behaving the same as pre Covid=-19 (except for the mask hanging around their neck (or sometimes no mask visible)

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 8:04 PM, teacherclaire said:

Zero COVID 19, kids are fine and we've already stared a few weeks ago.

But the school is small and has temperature scanners for all heights and sanitizers for free. Of course also masks for visitors.  

There's a time when I thought I had caught it, but it was an ordinary flu.

And to be honest, I do not think that I could easily get it. I stay healthy, do exercises and think positive.  

But some security measures should be done daily. Never forget that it's still around. 

Your mantra is a shining example of brilliance Ms Claire!