London is looking pretty much done with covid

steelepulse

13 hours ago, Logosone said:

I think "hospitalised" means "put on a ventilator" to be fair.

But yes, you're right of course, it's finally coming down in the UK.  

We should be grateful to the UK for showing us that lockdowns don't work.

You are spot on. I would venture rather; can't work, and won't work. The excuse for why that lockdown was required was also shown to be a lie. Governments have a very poor track record on any but the most mundane tasks. After 4 months hospitals are still reporting shortages of PPE and testing kits, while the Nightingale Hospitals that were erected all over the UK remain underutilized, and 1 or more have already shut down.  When the final post mortem on this flu season's accounting is done, there is going to be much explaining as to where all the money went  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

This is just for London , other places in the UK  and its still rising and out of control and lockdowns keep getting put in place

Not even proper lockdowns. Few shops closed in one area, but you can travel 10 minutes in the other direction to another town centre. 

Ridiculous. 

I was at the airport today, saw passengers arrive from the USA, and even INDIA !!! All told to do a quarantine - which by all accounts is barely being checked at all. 

You elect idiots like Boris, Trump, The Brazilian nut, and you get these horrendous results. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Logosone said:

I think "hospitalised" means "put on a ventilator" to be fair.

But yes, you're right of course, it's finally coming down in the UK.  

We should be grateful to the UK for showing us that lockdowns don't work.

Hahaha taking the country with one of the worst amounts of deaths in Europe and calling it a good job. You must be really desperate.

Go take your tinfoil hat somewhere else and let the adults have a real conversation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, oompie69 said:

You are spot on. I would venture rather; can't work, and won't work. The excuse for why that lockdown was required was also shown to be a lie. Governments have a very poor track record on any but the most mundane tasks. After 4 months hospitals are still reporting shortages of PPE and testing kits, while the Nightingale Hospitals that were erected all over the UK remain underutilized, and 1 or more have already shut down.  When the final post mortem on this flu season's accounting is done, there is going to be much explaining as to where all the money went  

Yes, not just did many of the lockdown measures not work anywhere but the giant special Covid19 hospitals set up specifically for virus patients lie empty and unused.

This as Matthew Hancock has asked for a review as academics have pointed out that deaths from Covid counts suicide victims and car crash victims if they had a positive test.

23 hours ago, johnmell said:

You wouldn't want to be in Kiwi land now with no Covid19 Virus found at all in the last 100 days..................but their nuts, they locked down.

Oh dear. Local infections found in Auckland which has been locked down.

By accounts 4 members of the same family. Reaction seems a tad harsh. Maybe just another wack on the behind to reinforce the fear factor and to modify behaviour.