Vaccine just approved by the Russians

4MyEgo

15 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Putin emphasized that the vaccine underwent the necessary trials and that vaccination will be voluntary.

and sure people will believe him ( ne mogu yemu doveryat).... did he provided all  the necessary date for the trials, as requested by WHO... nahhhh Net .... нет

Well, if it's actually safe and it actually works (to at least 50 percent) then that's great. But we don't know that yet. If it turns out Putin gets lucky with this (great propaganda) then the world might be lucky too, but again, we don't know that yet. If it turns out well, it could be from Mars. So Russia would be OK. If it's flop then I guess so what, most of the world will continue to be skeptical of Putin and he still stays in power.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/russia-unveils-coronavirus-vaccine-claiming-victory-in-global-race-before-final-testing-is-complete/2020/08/11/792f8a54-d813-11ea-a788-2ce86ce81129_story.html

Russia unveils covid vaccine ‘Sputnik V’, claiming breakthrough in global race before final testing complete

I would suspect this is real. Who wants to make themselves look like an idiot spouting off for a dud? 

I wont be taking anything, I know that. I hardly even see a problem other than everyone on earth has gone completely, <deleted> insane. 

• Like 2

It's real but released recklessly early. 

Because first with something is something.

But I would bet a mountain of rubles that this Putin's folly vaccine will not end up being the best vaccine we eventually have, as far as safety and effectiveness.

Edited by Jingthing

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/astrazeneca-signs-covid-19-shot-deal-russia-days-after-hacking-accusations-surface
it looks like Russia isn’t going to rely only on its Sputnik vaccine. 

Russian drugmaker R-Pharm has signed a licensing deal with Britain's AstraZeneca to produce and distribute doses of its University of Oxford-partnered adenovirus-based COVID-19 shot, AZD1222.

If a vaccine need  be tested on a small group, then a  larger  group before acceptance according to convention what sympathy is there  for those first test subjects if  it all goes  wrong ? If it is  made publicly available to those who voluntarily are willing then what difference is there in that  to a selected 1000 ?

In a similar sense why is it that a potential cancer treatment for terminal cancers  must undergo years long select evaluations to check for side effects while thousands die waiting ?

Given that the fast track process to develop a vaccine for C-19 has been based on huge injections of taxpayer cash as an incentive is there any surprise the competition is intense to capitalize, double dip and screw the public yet again while playing a power game !