UK job losses hit decade-high, worse seen ahead

snoop1130

4 hours ago, RayC said:

If a migrant/ refugee sole reason for trekking across Europe is to take advantage of the benefits system, then they can save themselves a few miles of walking by staying put in Belgium or France, both of whom have more generous welfare/ minimum income systems than the UK.

perhaps for their citizens,not for asylum seekers,thats why they all make a beeline for britain,however france and belgium give out far better state pensions than the uk,but only to its citizens,not any herbert who just pitches up.

35 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

You mean Europe should have assisted UK in maintaining its occupancy/colony just off the coast of Argentina?

Get real.

still our colony isn,t it? wait till they start drilling for oil down there,that wasn,t a war fought on behalf of a few bennies.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

You mean Europe should have assisted UK in maintaining its occupancy/colony just off the coast of Argentina?

Get real.

what with europes previous history in military matters?britain just needed to resupply ordinance.

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I have read many reports of the incident, including the Express one you linked to, and the Met's explanation. Hence my remarks in my previous.

You obviously do not know that, unlike Thailand, it is illegal in the UK to have the windscreen and front door windows tinted; they must be clear.

I do know that the video shows that these windows on this vehicle are not tinted; they are clear.

But maybe the officers came up behind the vehicle and so couldn't see who was inside. But the police have not said that the vehicle was being driven illegally; have not said that any traffic offence had been committed. So what explanation do you have for checking the registration of a vehicle being legally driven?

What explanation do you have for the Met refusing to release the officer's body cam footage, despite the chairman of the Police Federation Ken Marsh's, amongst others, request? Surely if they really did not know the colour of the driver before stopping the vehicle, that footage would show it? As Mr Marsh says in the Express article you linked to, "Now, that sounds a bit perverse, don't you think, because we've got nothing to hide.

"I'm talking about transparency here.

"I, as the chair of 30,000 officers, am saying: put it out there."

The feeble excuses produced by the Met coupled with their refusal to release the body cam footage indicates this is yet another instance of the Met stopping and searching a vehicle purely because a black person was driving it. You obviously think that's ok; most don't.

The governments own figures show that Black and Asian drivers are far more likely to be stopped than whites.

Nice jiggle, but you are wrong, window tint can be used on all car windows within the regulations, which are.....

https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

Lastly, I myself, am not an anti-establishment bloke, I do not try and bury folk doing a difficult job, unlike some here. The police have said they made a mistake with the car reg input, wrong car came up, to me that is a genuine mistake, end of. But no, a black MP, has turned into a BLM thingy, and YOU are backing her up, but expected. ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If what you say is correct the police need only release the body camera video footage to completely exonerate the officer and demolish the arguments of the MP.

Just to please you.....????

The explanations and HER phone vid show all.

Anti-establishment strikes again.....:whistling:

12 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Uk news in the last few days reports illegal immigrants

arriving in rubber dinghys, being bussed all over the UK

to 3 and 4 star hotels.

Migrants who have surrendered to the authorities in order to claim asylum have been put up in hotels until suitable other accommodation can be found for them.

One such group being used is Britannia Hotels. Having stayed in several Britannia hotels whilst travelling around the UK for work (booked because they are cheap!) I can confidently state that anyone who believes them to be four or even three star has either never stayed in one or has very low standards!

12 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Seems strange that homeless English citizens have to

make do with cardboard boxes in shop doorways.

It would seem that the UK gov. hates its white poor

There are many initiatives, run by both government and charities, to help homeless people of all nationalities get off the street.

Speaking to the manager of such a centre in the town where I live I asked her why there were so many on the streets when her centre had room. Her reply was that many homeless would not come to hostels such as hers because they all banned the use of alcohol and drugs on the premises!

Of course, not all homeless people are alcoholics or drug addicts, and many have other reasons for not accepting the help offered them. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, transam said:

Nice jiggle, but you are wrong, window tint can be used on all car windows within the regulations, which are.....

https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

Yes, clear.  Certainly clear enough to see who is driving from outside!

8 hours ago, transam said:

Lastly, I myself, am not an anti-establishment bloke, I do not try and bury folk doing a difficult job, unlike some here. The police have said they made a mistake with the car reg input, wrong car came up, to me that is a genuine mistake, end of. But no, a black MP, has turned into a BLM thingy, and YOU are backing her up, but expected. ????

I see that yet again you have dodge the important question.

If the officers for some reason had been unable to see who was driving and the stop was simply the result of an officer entering the wrong reg number into the computer; why does the Met still refuse to release the body cam footage? 

As Ken Marsh, the chairman of the Police Federation, says; that would clear the matter up once and for all.

I am not anti police; but when the government's latest figures show that there were 4 stop and searches for every 1,000 White people, compared with 38 for every 1,000 Black people, one has to ask why. 

Edited by 7by7
fix link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/spain-fears-economic-ruin-as-infections-rise-to-highest-in-europe-6dtd23kvw

Spain has been plunged back into a coronavirus crisis as the soaring number of cases confirmed it to be the worst affected European country.

Political leaders warned of economic devastation as medical chiefs said that the infection rates had quadrupled from 13.5 to 55.1 new cases a week per 100,000 people since mid July.

This was roughly half the rate of infection at the peak of the first wave of the pandemic in late March, when nearly 120 new cases per 100,000 people were being recorded each week. The government reported that the number of active outbreaks was spiralling, as 100

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 12:17 PM, RuamRudy said:

If you would prefer to see the Tory end point of US style labour laws and a gig-economy nation, that is your right, but I would be happy for anyone to put a spanner in those particular works, even though very soon it will be only tangentially relevant to my country. 

I doubt the Conservative party would remain in office long, were they to do as you suggest. British people will only put up with so much. How quickly opposition parties get themselves in shape remains to be seen.

I'll ignore your self delusional comment.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, transam said:

<snip>

Well perhaps/maybe there is a reason they (Black people) get stopped more.....

There is a reason: racial profiling. 

It's officially denied, but it does explain incidents like this, the stopping of Bianca Williams and many other cases.

Police stop and search innocent black man for ‘looking at officers with hands in pocket’

Cases that highlight claims of police racial profiling in England

9 hours ago, transam said:

Gawd, what she was saying on 'her' device...

'Why do I think that is', it's none of our business, there was no crime committed, except an MP stirring racial hatred, but you dismiss that stuff..

Stirring racial hatred, or highlighting an incident of racial profiling by the Met?

You are correct, there was no crime committed.

So why was the car she was in stopped? The officers claim it was due to an error in entering the reg number into their computer. But why enter the number in the first place?

If everything was above board and the result of a genuine mistake by the officers involved, why wont the Met exonerate those officers by doing as suggested by the chairman of the Police Federation and release the body cam footage?

But maybe you think he is anti police as well!

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

I doubt the Conservative party would remain in office long, were they to do as you suggest. British people will only put up with so much. How quickly opposition parties get themselves in shape remains to be seen.

I'll ignore your self delusional comment.

Your faith in the British people's derring-do in the face of tyrannical leadership is touching, however we have seen an almost endless series of deadly incompetence and corruption from the most kakistocratic governments in living memory, yet they are still riding high in the polls. Therefore, I don't share your optimism in the worms turning.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Really?

As I posted before, the data shows that in 2018/19 there were 4 stop and searches for every 1,000 White people, compared with 38 for every 1,000 Black people.

But the proportion of police stop and searches resulting in arrests in England and Wales in 2018/19, by ethnicity show that only 19% of Black people stopped were arrested, as opposed to 50% of White people.

If racial profiling really works, why aren't the arrest figures at least the other way around?

Yes, they don’t carry the knives and drugs around so much now. So it keeps the crime down. It really works. 

Stop and search is great too.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 7by7 said:

There is a reason: racial profiling. 

It's officially denied, but it does explain incidents like this, the stopping of Bianca Williams and many other cases.

Police stop and search innocent black man for ‘looking at officers with hands in pocket’

Cases that highlight claims of police racial profiling in England

Stirring racial hatred, or highlighting an incident of racial profiling by the Met?

You are correct, there was no crime committed.

So why was the car she was in stopped? The officers claim it was due to an error in entering the reg number into their computer. But why enter the number in the first place?

If everything was above board and the result of a genuine mistake by the officers involved, why wont the Met exonerate those officers by doing as suggested by the chairman of the Police Federation and release the body cam footage?

But maybe you think he is anti police as well!

Mr.Anti strikes again...????

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 5:10 PM, puipuitom said:

Correct. When the British consumer do not buy whatever product, the supermarkets will soon stop with that product.  But what happens, if it is a 10 cents / kg cheaper is British grown ?

People with eat it ... The only people who will not are the once who can 'afford' to buy it are the people who want to pay the 'extra'.  A bit like when organic food started to hit the shelves ...  'Eaten by the food elite' .. then it became mainstream ....

I wonder what they do if 'they' visit US ... bring food from uk ????

19 hours ago, Loiner said:

Racial profiling - it really works.

well my old home town in the UK ,most crime was committed by "newcomers" and the offspring of non British people ,i worked in the main part of town saw 3 muggings ,by non white people, and lots of other crime by the aformentioned ,but i am sure the usual posters will tell me how wrong i am ,DONT BOTHER.

• Like 2