Do you trust to be injected a COVID-19 vaccine?

Rob21

Hi there,

since we are living in a pandemic, sooner or later we need to decide on having a vaccine against COVID-19 or otherwise.

Personally, I concern of any vaccination though this time may affect our travel ability. In the end of the day, I think everybody is going to get the COVID-19 vaccine, otherwise no travelling......

Many corporations in numerous countries are rushing to develop a vaccine for "saving life" but in reality it is a merely and big business for them. Russia is the first country worldwide to officially have a COVID-19 vaccine.

Well, two questions I am interesting in. 

Are you willing to be vaccinated against COVID-19?

Which manufacture country of COVID-19 vaccine do you trust most? (E.g. US, China, UK, Russia etc.)

This topic is open for a discussion, please just share your thoughts.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Apparently the Russian vaccine is still in phase 3 testing, same as the others.

Seems a little confusing to me. Maybe they've opened the phase 3 of the testing up to the world?

Seems Russia vaccine has been approved (the article below).. The daughter of Putin has been vaccinated. Should be safe...

On 8/12/2020 at 8:02 PM, CygnusX1 said:

I’d trust any vaccine from anywhere, happy to accept any risk, as long as it comes with a certificate that lets me travel again.

Fully agree.. so tired of restrictions: no travelling, lockdown, social distancing... Oh oh..

I would like to come back to normal life as soon as possible... Enjoying the life again ????

However, if we are lucky we can have a vaccine available in Thailand at the beginning of the next year.. So long time to go...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/12/2020 at 8:02 AM, CygnusX1 said:

I’d trust any vaccine from anywhere, happy to accept any risk, as long as it comes with a certificate that lets me travel again.

Man that must be some good koochie in thailand.. , that you're willing to throw away your life.

• Like 1

I would take a vaccin provided that it has been through a comprehensive and open trial program as well as regulatory process. 

So that does not include the Russian Gamaleya vaccin or the Chinese product approved for use by their military. Interestingly, in Indonesia trials with the Sinovac Biotech vaccin (China) that were to start August 11th are apparently hampered by a lack of volunteers:  https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/indonesia-to-start-phase-iii-clinical-trials-of-sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-on-aug-11