How to renew an ME non-O from HCMC without troubling the borders...

Good evening, newbie looking for some constructive advice from these hallowed pages

I am a (very nearly) 57 yr old British male, properly married to a Thai lady, currently holding a Non-O visa issued in Saigon last August, expires 22 Aug.  I flew in to Thailand last on March 12th and had my outgoing flights cancelled, so stayed on, now on the amnesty with a 60 day extension in reserve (unused).

The somewhat obvious reason for a visa collected in Saigon is that the financials are undeclared and for me, the answer to that lies in the amount of rebar buried in a hole in the ground, and the hardwood above it, just south of Chiang Mai. It just ain't in my bank account for now.  Being self employed, working in UK and ME, my income has been decimated this year, and I need to return to UK to earn some dosh quite soon.  Prior to leaving, I need to lay some groundwork for returning, and top of the list is a new visa (or extension or some other thing I am unaware of).  It is unlikely that I will procure a sum in excess of the 400K baht for an extension by the end of a short sharp gig prior to Christmas,

Ideally I would find a way to renew my Non-O (ME) without leaving Thailand, or find a way to convert it to an extension based on marriage (I read you only need to transfer 40k baht twice to qualify?) however my experience is limited and time is now running short (although I do have the 60 day extension card to play).

How can I renew a non-O within Thailand?

I am not inclined to go for a retirement visa on the grounds of insurance costs on returning here, which added to the overall level of buggeration, just takes the biscuit.

Are there any other options?

Kaphun Krap

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Your best option would be to obtain an annual extension based on marriage.

You cannot "renew an ME marriage without troubling borders".

Sounds like you don't have funds available.

Whatever you do, do not exit Thailand. 

Seems agent is your option, if you cannot satisfy financials.

Use an agent for non o retirement with annual extension. Perhaps 25k.

If you are planning to go to the UK, and happy to travel before September 26th, to be honest I would defer looking for visas and extensions prior to your return to Thailand. It will be simplest to apply for a single entry Non O in the UK, and do a one-year extension on your return to Thailand.

If, on the other hand, you really want to apply for a one-year extension of stay and multiple reentry permit prior to departure (perhaps, because you must stay in Thailand past September 26 anyway) you may need to engage the services of an agent. Your first step should be to discuss your situation with your local immigration office. If they say they cannot help you with extensions of stay, you will need to use an agent to clear the roadblocks, and it could be expensive.

• Like 2

Thank you for your helps!

I spoke to a Bangkok agent (referred by a contact of my wife's) this morning who can help with annual extension of non-o, for a fee of 30k baht and the operation conducted in Korat (I'm in Chiang Mai). Doesn't sound right to me.  

Does anyone have a recommendation for an agent in CM?

The 40k per month x2 and first time extension to my existing non-o seems best, will visit immigration in CM tomorrow to enquire.

5 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

He should be able to extend and get a required 40K per month qualification.

He could do that but he would have to be at least 2 months of transfers into a Thai bank from abroad.

Perhaps without an agent being needed.

• Thanks 1

you can obtain a 60 day visit Thai wife extension which will begin on the 27th Sept, taking you to 25th Nov, 

(Plan A) , after you have at least 2 months of transfers into a Thai bank from abroad, you then apply for a yearly extension within the last 30 days of this permission to stay, the yearly extension would start on the 26th Nov, if you then leave Thailand you will need a single re- entry permit 1,000thb, to keep this year extension alive for when you return to Thailand prior to 25th Nov 2021

plan B would be to leave Thailand prior to 25th Nov and obtain a fresh non imm 'O' visa from UK prior to retuning to Thailand

i would keep away from agents, 

Edited by steve187
dates wrong thank you @Russell17au
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, steve187 said:

you can obtain a 60 day visit Thai wife extension which will begin on the 27th Sept, taking you to 25th Oct,  after you have at least 2 months of transfers into a Thai bank from abroad, you then apply for a yearly extension within the last 30 days of this permission to stay, the yearly extension would start on the 26th Oct, if you then leave Thailand you will need a single re- entry permit 1,000thb, to keep this year extension alive for when you return to Thailand prior to 25th Oct 2021

Steve, a 60 day extension will take him to 25 November not October that is only 30 days

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Your best option would be to obtain an annual extension based on marriage.

You cannot "renew an ME marriage without troubling borders".

Sounds like you don't have funds available.

Whatever you do, do not exit Thailand. 

Seems agent is your option, if you cannot satisfy financials.

Use an agent for non o retirement with annual extension. Perhaps 25k.

@snapperatlarge

Did PM you some info based on a recent case of  TVF member using a CM Agent who will be able to get you a 1-year extension based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of MARRIAGE.  Cost will be 25.000 THB including the 'fix' for the 400K financial issue.

> To access your PM messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged-in to the Forum.

Edited by Peter Denis

@snapperatlarge

In course of tomorrow I will either sent you PM or answer in this thread the 'legal' options you have to stay long-term in Thailand.

Being married to a thai national and not having played your 60-day extension of stay Joker gives you quite some options.  And you are correct, when using the monthly-income method you only need to show two +40K transfers to your personal thai bank-account (with foreign origins proven) in the 2 months preceding your application for the 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage.  You might also be required to provide evidence of the source of that foreign income, but you being self-employed would most probably have no problem providing evidence of foreign income.

Only hick-up might be if your local IO (CM) would not accept your application for the 60-day or the 1-year extension of stay, because you being on the Amnesty.

So it would be just a matter of enquiring about that at CM IO, and in worst case a temporary administrative relocation to a near-by province with a more accommodating IO would be possible.

21 hours ago, BritTim said:

If you are planning to go to the UK, and happy to travel before September 26th, to be honest I would defer looking for visas and extensions prior to your return to Thailand. It will be simplest to apply for a single entry Non O in the UK, and do a one-year extension on your return to Thailand.

If, on the other hand, you really want to apply for a one-year extension of stay and multiple reentry permit prior to departure (perhaps, because you must stay in Thailand past September 26 anyway) you may need to engage the services of an agent. Your first step should be to discuss your situation with your local immigration office. If they say they cannot help you with extensions of stay, you will need to use an agent to clear the roadblocks, and it could be expensive.

good advice under the OP's stated circumstances.

Edited by soi3eddie

A quick update.

I visited CM immigration this morning and had a pleasant chat with two officers regarding my options for annual extension to my Non-O.  They couldn't have been more helpful, giving me all the forms I would require to make the application.

However, they did not acknowledge the suggestion that I can successfully apply having paid myself only 2x 40k baht in the two preceeding months.  They insisted I show 12 months of 40k, or 400k in the bank, seasoned for two months. No other options.

Therefore, I am considering

a,   The agent at 25k,

b.   Leaving it all until I am ready to return from UK, and see how the land lies at that point (November/December with luck).  As I said earlier, I am unlikely to have 400k saved up during this visit.  The online application for a 90 day single use Non-O from within UK (Hull consulate site) still requires bank statements x3 but doesn't state how much money should be available.  Does anyone have an insight on this?

......to be continued.....

On 8/11/2020 at 8:40 PM, snapperatlarge said:

(I read you only need to transfer 40k baht twice to qualify?)

Oh if only it was that easy.

Most IO insist on an official letter from your embassy about your finances.

Some of the embassies require 6 months of payments and an official headed letter from a company in your home country stating your position and salary etc  

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

Oh if only it was that easy.

Most IO insist on an official letter from your embassy about your finances.

Some of the embassies require 6 months of payments and an official headed letter from a company in your home country stating your position and salary etc  

The OP appears to be from the OK, and the embassy will not provide any income letters.

2 hours ago, snapperatlarge said:

b.   Leaving it all until I am ready to return from UK, and see how the land lies at that point (November/December with luck).  As I said earlier, I am unlikely to have 400k saved up during this visit.  The online application for a 90 day single use Non-O from within UK (Hull consulate site) still requires bank statements x3 but doesn't state how much money should be available.  Does anyone have an insight on this?

When I acquired my Non O 90 day from Liverpool several years ago, they wanted either 3 bank statements showing proof of DWP state pension payments, or one statement with a £10,000 balance.

4 minutes ago, Barney13 said:

Peter Denis, could you please give me the contact details of the CM agent, thanks in advance.

Hi Barney13

Did PM you the requested info based on a recent case of a TVF member using a CM Agent who will be able to get you a 1-year extension based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of MARRIAGE.  Cost will be 25.000 THB including the 'fix' when not having the seasoned 400K available.

> To access your PM messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged-in to the Forum.

2 hours ago, snapperatlarge said:

A quick update.

I visited CM immigration this morning and had a pleasant chat with two officers regarding my options for annual extension to my Non-O.  They couldn't have been more helpful, giving me all the forms I would require to make the application.

However, they did not acknowledge the suggestion that I can successfully apply having paid myself only 2x 40k baht in the two preceeding months.  They insisted I show 12 months of 40k, or 400k in the bank, seasoned for two months. No other options.

Therefore, I am considering

a,   The agent at 25k,

......to be continued.....

So the 2 months of transferring 40K+ that has been advised on numerous threads is not true then?

2 x months for the first application.

'Snapperatlarge' didn't state whether his Non O was still valid or not and whether he has had a previous extension. Those factors could make a difference.

We already have a confirmed report from a member who still had a valid Non Imm O ME, but on extended permission of stay who successfully applied for a 1 year year extension based on marriage using 400K in the bank for 2 months at CW.

Edited by Tanoshi

I gave the details of my ME visa in my OP, but to reiterate, it is valid to 22 August, my most recent entry to Thailand was 12th March, I have not applied for an annual extension before, and nor have I purchased a 60 day on this entry.

Immigration supervisor in CM today was insistent that the 2x 40k was not a thing, despite my gentle protests.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Naga2 said:

Hi Peter Denis, I am in Chiang Mai and have Non O ME marriage , 60 days already used.I have 400000 in bank but under the 2 months needed.Could you please PM me details about this CM agent ?

Thanks so much.

Hi Naga2,

Did PM you the requested info based on a recent case of a TVF member using a CM Agent who will be able to get you a 1-year extension based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of MARRIAGE.  Cost will be 25.000 THB including the 'fix' when not having the seasoned 400K available.

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is written in the immigration order allowing for proof income with transfers from abroad. So it is about as true as you can get. 

But some offices are not following the rule. Especially if you have been on a multiple entry non-o visa.

Is there a copy of said immigration order in Thai?  Would be nice to present some evidence for some folks who will run into this scenario.

40 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Is there a copy of said immigration order in Thai?  Would be nice to present some evidence for some folks who will run into this scenario.

Downloads in English and Thai are here at 21 and 22 in this pinned topic. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/981135-laws-regulations-police-orders-etc/

• Like 1