Chiang Mai Hotels – A round-up of places to stay

mai.jpg.00f48077e7e297d2e34bfb51d0c28efc.jpg

Furthering my knowledge of Thailand, I have been spending some time in Chiang Mai learning about the area, trying it’s famed coffee, playing golf and generally acquainting myself with the region. During these visits I have stayed in a variety of hotels, all booked through www.Booking.com and below are my comments and observations:-

3Season Aparthotel – Not knowing where to stay in Chiang Mai on my first visit, I chose the very reasonably priced 3Season Aparthotel and was pleased with my choice. Whilst not centrally located it is easy to get anywhere from this location. It is a very recent addition to the Chiang Mai hotel scene and everything in the property does feel new. I opted for a DeLuxe studio which was just a few bath more and well worth the money. This studio was large with a lot of wardrobe space, sofa, large flat-screen TV, desk, refrigerator, microwave and kettle. There was a balcony and an excellent bathroom. Book this hotel

It is located very close to the Airport but, even with the windows open you are not disturbed by aircraft noise. It’s a good walk into the old town and there are many ’student’ style eateries located close by. I was with e rental car but on some occasions used Grab who were reasonable and quick to respond. Service was exceptionally friendly and efficient. Highly recommended if location is not your highest priority. Paid THB.1,035 per night.

My second hotel was the charming Oriental Siam Resort and you will find a detailed report on this highly recommended property at https://meanderingtales.com/good-fortune-brings-me-to-the-oriental-siam-resort-chiang-mai/

On my next visit I wanted to be in the centre and within walking distance of the famous Night Market. My choice based on location, price, parking and a large swimming pool was the Duangtawan Hotel on Loi Kroh Road. This is a massive hotel with an impressive entrance and a vast array of facilities. The hotel is a little past it’s prime but the infrastructure is generally good and the service excellent. Rooms are old but large with all the facilities that one would expect. Try to avoid rooms with 18,20 as these have connection doors and I could here almost everything that happened in the next room. The bathrooms also produce a lot of noise as the taps all seem to be high pressured!

More detail at https://meanderingtales.com/chiang-mai-hotels-a-round-up-of-places-to-stay/