Best nearby country to meet GF? Let's make a list.

I'm not sure this is the best place to post this, but I am wondering what nearby countries a Thai person would be able to travel to easily without quarantine as well as an American man?  

7 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Turkey?

I was just reviewing same. Turkey is a favourite place to meet as Thais and most westerners do not need visas to go to Turkey. It doesn't appear that Turkey has any quarantine restrictions either, though if you're an American and scared of your own shadow then US Government advice warns about travel to Turkey if going near border areas of Iraq and Syria. Istanbul and beach/coastal areas should be fine though. Not many other options nearer to Thailand as far as I can see but not sure of flight options from Bangkok right now. Maybe Emirates or Qartar Airways? Thai citizens will currently need quarantine on return to Thailand. 

3 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Thai citizens will currently need quarantine on return to Thailand. 

Yep, if they could manage to get there it will be a hell of a job for them to get back again.  Best suggestion is to find a new girlfriend in a more convenient location.

Quagmire best describes  this dilemma  I and many married men face.  At least I don't have any possessions or kids in thailand.  

Skype and line are great but they need an update  with smell and taste. 

I forgot  about the 14 day quarantine for her.  Would that be free state accommodations I wonder?   New GF?  Hmmm.  Can I find something local after 4 years traveling to SE Asia?  Noop

15 minutes ago, madmen said:

She will be placed into quarantine when she returns. Just get a gf in your own country long distance NEVER works 

Didn't you learn words like never and infinity don't apply to many things.  

Yes  I am in US.  I guess I should have called her my fiance  not GF.  We have had a relationship for 2.5 years. She's different.   Haha.   Usually  I was able to visit every 3-4 months but it's been 6 months now.  I did start the K1 visa process in Feb 2020.  With the  covid delay it maybe 2nd quarter 2021 rather  than  original estimates of December 2020.  I dont even think BKK embassy is interviewing for K1  yet  although they are processing some visa types. 

Let's not start the debate on if its wise to bring an Asian womsn to the West. If you want to do that please start a new  thread.  Same for getting married.  I know its not for everyone.   

Maybe  Bali after September.   I'm just thinking aloud but its not looking good even for married couples.   Sep-Nov is so nice here so I Like to travel Dec-Jan.    

Read Cambo's requirements.  You need to prepay for your funeral.  Haha.   What a tourist attraction.    So if someone on the plane tests positive your in 14 day quarantine  then 14 days when we travel  home.  What  a fun month that  would be.    

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/12/which-countries-are-open-for-summer-travel-after-coronavirus.html

I'm thinking Skype with  surrogate partners makes more sense.  Is this a thing?  

I heard an American man legally married a Phillipines woman online recently.   Not sure  why? 

Korean Air, LAX to Incheon seems to be about 2x normal  fare but also  seems to include an extra 2500$ base fare for 4500-4900$ total RT.  Normal fares in the past all the way LAX to BKK were 800-1200$ RT.   I'm afraid low cost travel days are past us.  

Screenshot_20200811-131406_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Not sure what that fare is about on Korea air.   Delta SLC to ICN is 1300$ and until Aug 31 they offer free change for 1 year.   Maybe a good deal but I don't see how they can not extend this deal.  And all airlines must allow free changes.   I cam see this is a crazy idea.  US health dept has level 3 out of 4.  3 is reconsider travel.  4 is dont go.  

"

Peace-of-Mind Purchasing

We are waiving change fees on Delta bookings through August 31, 2020. Valid for all destinations served by Delta, this waiver allows a change to your travel for one year from date of purchase. Fare differences will apply. See full terms for details."

Archived