Brothels? Not Any More!

marsbloke

>> Gee, I always seemed to think that the average student at CMU

>> came from a far wealthier background than did the average

>> student at Phayap

> Thats has not Been my experience. But I am willing to be wrong.

Don't bother being wrong. :D A simple call to both Phayap and CMU will tell you what the fees are. And CMU is LOADS cheaper!! Ever noticed those dorm buildings there at CMU? 3-4 students per room, couple of hundred baht per month rent. Does that sound snotty to anyone?

Students who's family have slightly more money (but still by no means 'rich kids') would get a regular appartment, or share a regular appartment of the type you see all over the place for around 2000 baht. (More freedom there as well)

Tuition fees are also low. I forgot how low but if it was significant money then I would have remembered. :o

There's no doubt that the really REALLY rich can get into absolutely anything, including US universities, but for pretty much everyone else getting into CMU just means passing the entrance exam!

Cheers,

Chanchao

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, on a side note, just for fun I asked my girlfriend (Thai) who graduated in statistics among other things from CMU, what her estimate was of the percentage of 'girls being mia nois at Payap'. Turns out she didn't want to 'guess' without any solid information, merely gossip..! Also she doesn't actually have any friends who went to Payap, and basically doesn't care about the whole thing. Up to them. :o

Then she added: "Why, are you looking for one?! " :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

By the way, on a side note, just for fun I asked my girlfriend (Thai) who graduated in statistics among other things from CMU, what her estimate was of the percentage of 'girls being mia nois at Payap'. Turns out she didn't want to 'guess' without any solid information, merely gossip..! Also she doesn't actually have any friends who went to Payap, and basically doesn't care about the whole thing. Up to them. :D

Then she added: "Why, are you looking for one?! " :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

If she graduated in statistics she would be able to work out the percentages without too much difficulty.

:o

p.s. what was your answer to her question? Just thinking about it.

I always felt that the reason the CMU students looked down upon Phayap and Mae Jo students was more due to the average initial family economic status.

Mae Jo is interesting it is more Expensive than CMU and less expensive than Payap, It has Lower testing requirements than CMU but Higher than Payap. I have also Heard Mae Jo refered to as a school to go Buy a degree .. but not to the same extent as Payap

Then I think things have changed since I taught at Mae Jo when it was still a college, technically an agricultural institute, and not a university. Nearly all of my students were middle class kids who had attended provincial agricultural schools before attending Mae Jo.

I always felt that the reason the CMU students looked down upon Phayap and Mae Jo students was more due to the average initial family economic status.

Mae Jo is interesting it is more Expensive than CMU and less expensive than Payap, It has Lower testing requirements than CMU but Higher than Payap. I have also Heard Mae Jo refered to as a school to go Buy a degree .. but not to the same extent as Payap

Then I think things have changed since I taught at Mae Jo when it was still a college, technically an agricultural institute, and not a university. Nearly all of my students were middle class kids who had attended provincial agricultural schools before attending Mae Jo.

Mae Jo is Closer to a CMU than it is a Payap but they have that same "Don't fail your students" mandate as Payap. Mae Jo of course is still very agriculturally oriented. Their science facilities were far nicer than CMUs up until the recent opening of the new Science building. CMUs old science building which is still in use by many departments looks as though it should have been condemed a decade ago, a pretty spooky place at night also.

/SM

• 4 years later...

"Why then are Thai females to the fore (hooking their wares) in the majority of countries around the world, from the UK, the UAE, Singapore, US, NZ and Australia, and many more as well"

This is just complete crap and does an enormous disservice to the women of thailand.

To even suggest this is extremely offensive especially to those of us who live away from thailand with our thai wives.

I travel extensively especially through europe and the old soviet union. I have never seen a thai woman in any of these areas who is on the game but I have seen and heard directly of huge quantities of young women from the old soviet union and africa who have been trafficked into prostitution.

Oh and by the way, every major city in the uk has a thriving prostitution trade often using the young women I have mentioned above. We brits find it so easy to ignore our own back garden and be holier than thou about others.

At least the young women in Thailand understand the need to work at something to get their money unlike over 2 million british young women who simply get themselves knocked up and live off my taxes.