No plans to open Thai skies yet: Aviation authority

webfact

2 hours ago, mrfill said:

So the CAAT has given the green light for some foreigners to enter but they have given the red light to commercial aircraft landing.

I believe that is what we call a paradox

And a nail in the coffin for T.A.T.s dream of opening up the islands for international tourism

2 hours ago, david_dyer said:

Delaying air travel for me is not an issue as i fall into married and have child......the delay in getting home is the financial cost of getting from sydney australia to nakhon si tammarat. Having been quoted $16,500 for a 1 way flight, still waiting 2 months now for australian boarder force permission to travel, and its impossible to get a covid19 test done within 72 hours of flying.

Yes there is a cheaper flight that has a stop over in china....for australians it is a do not travel zone due to the changes in the laws............

That's tough of all countries china but then no 1 would go then anyhow surely 

Just now, Gilltom said:

That's tough of all countries china but then no 1 would go then anyhow surely 

I predict the following in the coming 20 replies :

1) A male with a high labido claiming it's just a flu.

2) A male with a high labido claiming the Thai economy is going to be hurt if he can't go Nana Plaza. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

COVID19 has caused an absolute world disaster. It has exasperated the suffering of the poor.

It has expedited the suffering of the lower class and middle class income earners.

It has cost millions upon millions of jobs worldwide.

It has or will cause families to lose homes, cars and other worldly possessions.

As confirmed, this disaster was initiated & instigated by China as such they are responsible for all of the above.

Viral disease outbreaks have always been around...I think the disaster has been how many nations/governments, particularly Western ones, reacted (or failed to react) to it. In countries like China, Thailand, Vietnam, Taiwan, and even Italy, where governments acted quickly and decisively, the virus was stopped and life quickly returned to some semblance of normalcy. In countries that dithered, like the U.S. and UK, the virus is still prevelant and life is anything but normal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

I predict the following in the coming 20 replies :

1) A male with a high labido claiming it's just a flu.

2) A male with a high labido claiming the Thai economy is going to be hurt if he can't go Nana Plaza. 

Add in the usual idiotic false-equivalent rant about "road deaths".

Road deaths are #9 on the list here. No clue why they don't rant about the other eight?

• Like 2

what does this mean ?

Stay near your home, but vacation at a local resort, or take a short flight incountry, but staying within your province or State, essentially, domestic tourism.  Many Thais were buying big Ticket items yesterday at the stores in Central Lad Prao yesterday, so yes there are many with money, but then of course the sales were on.

Edited by ThailandRyan

folks complain about Thailand not opening borders for a few months ....   lol

Spare a thought for other places like Victoria Australia where they are talking closure for 12-18 months.

Welcome to the Victorian covid19 lockdown merry-go-round where riding is compulsory and there's no getting off and the brakes have been disengaged by the ticket master Andrews whose seat is getting uncomfortably hot.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Bali is apparently open for tourists from 11 September so let's hope it works to give confidence for Thailand to open up.

...at least let us condo owners in ????

I would agree that Non-Imm B & O visa holders should be the next group allowed in (should already IMO), with the testing, insurance, and quarantine requirement in place. 

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Stay near your home, but vacation at a local resort, or take a flight in country, but staying with in Thailand, essentially, domestic tourism.  Many Thais were buying big Ticket items yesterday at the stores in Central Lad Prao yesterday, so yes there are many with money, but then of course the sales were on.

ok ....  so we are going on staycation in a couple of weeks.  lol     Booked a 4 day stay in an exclusive resort in Pattaya. 

The decision will be political.  Can Thailand afford to lose a full tourist season without provoking unrest?  If the government thinks they can, then they won't open until next Spring.  If they think the people will take to the streets I wouldn't be surprised to see them open on 15 November.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Meanwhile countries with a sensible attitude to the virus have mostly open borders and open skies.

Live with the virus - people die all the time.

50 people die on average every day on Thailands roads.......should Thais be banned worldwide from driving motorbikes and cars and lorries ?

I would guesstimate that 90%+ of these deaths are hopped-up young men on their "choppers" [ i.e., Honda Waves] driving recklessly and truck and bus drivers (again hopped-up) who have been driving for 15 hours straight. Hardly the types to be taking trips around the world so I don't think traveling Thais present much driving danger to the world.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Perfect time to travel as the cost is lower now then it was before covid hit.  Just watch out for the charges on the extras, stay away from the mini bar and walk down to 7-11, Family Mart of somewhere close to buy your in room drinks.  Push the ones from the Hotel or such into a corner of the mini fridge to ensure no mistake between yours and theirs.

I just remove all the hotel's stuff and put it aside and put my stuff in...and on check-out day, I place it back in. Another benefit of living in Thailand...as in many hotels in "developed" countries, they specifically state the mini-bar fridge is not for the customer's use to store and cool drinks but another hotel F&B outlet; and anything removed from it is considered "sold," even if replaced. 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Perfect time to travel as the cost is lower now then it was before covid hit.  Just watch out for the charges on the extras, stay away from the mini bar and walk down to 7-11, Family Mart of somewhere close to buy your in room drinks.  Push the ones from the Hotel or such into a corner of the mini fridge to ensure no mistake between yours and theirs.

got some stock to take already.  lol    have to be careful about posting pic.

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1

Looks like those who paid brown envelopes are those who are allowed to fly domestically. Not really those with the best safety records. CAAT once again wrong priorities, your job is to take care of aircraft safety ATC, Pilot training etc and not the health of a country. Looks like it is run by people who failed their pilot training and now want revenge. An extension run by corrupt politicians I would say.

2 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Cases rise but deaths continue to fall, soon everyone will see................the virus is weak, and only kills the very weak. Just like flu, pneumonia and all the other diseases there are.  Median death age worldwide is over 80 years old.

And despite many countries having deficient or non-existent testing regimens and woefully inaccurate reporting systems, you can unequivocally say it's just another flu?

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Life is going on quite well in Thailand...compared to the lockdowns in many others and out of control spread in the U.S. Schools and businesses are open and internal travel is unhindered...there's no other place I'd rather be at the moment.

Absolutely. Especially if in your 70s or 80s. Look at any graph of age related death rates for covid. Many younger people wanting "herd immunity" wish the aged to donate their lives in their interest saving all that pension money as a bonus ( put in an account for their own pension of course). 

Hmm.  Then how do heck do I get of here?  

1) Airlines are selling tickets out of BKK

2) Airlines then cancel the flights

3) Airlines then hold your refund hostage for months

Literally one has to buy two or more tickets and hope at least one of them does not cancel

I do not need Amnesty.  I just want to leave at the end of the year.  So far two cancellations by the allegedly great Airline located next to Malaysia.  

16 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Hmm.  Then how do heck do I get of here?  

What is your destination?

What is your departure window?

There are loads of flights ex-SBIA/BKK; seems like 20 - 30 on an given Sunday. Other days 10 - 15.

There were 22 int'l departures yesterday.

I wouldn't buy a ticket for travel much more than 15/30 days in advance. And use Qatar if possible as they have the best refund/change/reissue policy.

At least do some research to see which airlines are flying somewhat reliably (daily, 3x or 4x weekly).

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

World nomads lists all the countries with closed or open borders (I'm trying to find where to go since Thailand not possible)

Given the above news, I find it funny how nomads list Thailand as 'open' due to the 11 categories of people allowed in lol

https://www.worldnomads.com/travel-safety/worldwide/worldwide-travel-alerts

Why bother? Stay put, enjoy, and make plans for 2022.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Meanwhile countries with a sensible attitude to the virus have mostly open borders and open skies.

50 people die on average every day on Thailands roads.......should Thais be banned worldwide from driving motorbikes and cars and lorries ?

UK, USA, Europe.......open skies and borders..........life is going on, economies are recovering.  

Cases rise but deaths continue to fall, soon everyone will see................the virus is weak, and only kills the very weak. Just like flu, pneumonia and all the other diseases there are.  Median death age worldwide is over 80 years old.

D.jpg

3 hours ago, RR2020 said:

UK, USA, Europe.......open skies and borders..........life is going on, economies are recovering.  

D.jpg

I hear yah, but you're preaching to the wrong crowd here. On this forum there are mainly sheeple who believe everything the MSM says about this made up non existing virus. They don't have two brain cells on active duty to figure this out for themselves...

• Like 1