No plans to open Thai skies yet: Aviation authority

webfact

1 hour ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Looks like those who paid brown envelopes are those who are allowed to fly domestically. Not really those with the best safety records. CAAT once again wrong priorities, your job is to take care of aircraft safety ATC, Pilot training etc and not the health of a country. Looks like it is run by people who failed their pilot training and now want revenge. An extension run by corrupt politicians I would say.

It seems that you and many others have forgotten that the emergency decree is still in effect (until at least August 31). That means that the PM has the last word in every decision. 

4 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Disaster, complete disaster. There are only so many Thais who have the funds to staycation, no matter what deduction schemes this govt comes up with.

Sure and there's plenty of Thais and foreigners who want to take repat flights to get back to Thailand who don't have the quite sizable funds. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Hmm.  Then how do heck do I get of here?  

1) Airlines are selling tickets out of BKK

2) Airlines then cancel the flights

3) Airlines then hold your refund hostage for months

Literally one has to buy two or more tickets and hope at least one of them does not cancel

I do not need Amnesty.  I just want to leave at the end of the year.  So far two cancellations by the allegedly great Airline located next to Malaysia.  

The longer you wait, the more likely your flight will be canceled as these are all repatriation flights and their schedules are NOT fixed, regular or guaranteed.

The sooner you leave the better, This pandemic doesn't afford anyone the luxury of a guaranteed flight ANYWHERE.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Sure and there's plenty of Thais and foreigners who want to take repat flights to get back to Thailand who don't have the quite sizable funds. 

If you can't afford the costs incl the quarantine, I doubt you have the funds for a long term stay here. Imo, many aren't coming back because they think it's an unnecessary cost even if they have the funds, and they hope the mandatory quarantine will be gone when the emergency decree is lifted. Right or wrong, who knows?

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The longer you wait, the more likely your flight will be canceled as these are all repatriation flights and their schedules are NOT fixed, regular or guaranteed.

The sooner you leave the better, This pandemic doesn't afford anyone the luxury of a guaranteed flight ANYWHERE.

The repatriation flights has almost nothing to do with outbound flights to Europe or the US,and the dates are fixed. Those flights won't be cancelled. There are plenty of flights on several airlines out of ThaiIand every week. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, steven100 said:

my next vacation ...  just booked now for 4 days x 4 adults.

image.png.9b3e14589a3ba9914b190e455e7fed8e.png

image.png.d00e379509f52dfd0a6864b576799fef.png

Looks nice...I'm planning several staycations in Pattaya for this year and maybe Krabi and Chiang Mai/Rai too. Lots of deals out there for those in-country at the moment.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The repatriation flights has almost nothing to do with outbound flights to Europe or the US,and the dates are fixed. Those flights won't be cancelled. There are plenty of flights on several airlines out of ThaiIand every week. 

I assume the outbound flights are the repatriation flights returning to their country/city starting points. I note that Philippine Airlines has only 2 flights from Bangkok to Manila for the whole month of August...their pre-Covid schedule was 2 PER DAY.

15 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Well said, why so many morons, everywhere who believe it's a hoax?

I guess they believe someone has set up hundreds of fake hospitals, fake ICU beds, fake doctors and nurses amounting to several million fake medical staff and fake deaths, all so cleverly set up that this has fooled the world.

Spare me, idiots and dangerous trouble makers everywhere. 

I spent time with illness in ICU in March at a major Bangkok hospital... over 50 beds apparently, I was the only person there! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Meanwhile countries with a sensible attitude to the virus have mostly open borders and open skies.

Live with the virus - people die all the time.

50 people die on average every day on Thailands roads.......should Thais be banned worldwide from driving motorbikes and cars and lorries ?

UK, USA, Europe.......open skies and borders..........life is going on, economies are recovering.  

Cases rise but deaths continue to fall, soon everyone will see................the virus is weak, and only kills the very weak. Just like flu, pneumonia and all the other diseases there are.  Median death age worldwide is over 80 years old.

D.jpg

Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean it isn't ...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I assume the outbound flights are the repatriation flights returning to their country/city starting points. I note that Philippine Airlines has only 2 flights from Bangkok to Manila for the whole month of August...their pre-Covid schedule was 2 PER DAY.

KLM is flying a tag flight BKK-MNL, at least once a week, maybe 3x/4x. Maybe it alernates with KUL?

PR 732 flew last night, as did KL 876.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, charmonman said:

Yinn, for once I agree with you. The anti-maskers and conspiracy theorists and stupid politicians in many countries just delay the recovery for everyone else. But just so you know, it is not like this everywhere is farangland. Some places in Europe and elsewhere have been quite good at controlling it. It would be nice if Thailand could slowly and selectively and sensibly start opening its borders for foreigners who are willing to follow the rules.

I've agreed with Yinn twice in the past week, which is kind of worrying ????. As to your final sentence, there is no way to trust that everyone will follow the rules. Experience around the world has shown that too many lack the patience and intelligence to do so. "Will you obey the rules?" "Yes sir, certainly" doesn't work.

• Like 1

I know it sounds unfair but if they open up the larger tourist islands and quarantine anyone who wants to travel further (14days) then at least the hardest hit tourist dependent locations have potential relief.
this could be a first step

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

USA is soon going to be approaching 200,000 dead from this virus.

UK is soon approaching 50,000 dead from this virus.

ECONOMIES IN FREE FALL. 

These rates are with some forms of 'social distance/lockdown'. Now imagine the numbers without any implementations. 

It's not a bloody flu. 

We all want to get back to normal, and hit Thailand's bars, beaches, Nana Plaza, but suggesting they should open up is ridiculous. Any benefits to their economy from a few tourists will be negated by the cost of a health care pandemic. 

Ignoramus. US is testing tens of thousands, soon to be millions. Thailand tests no one. Most of the reported COVID "deaths" in America are bogus. If you die of electrocution? COVID. Drowning? COVID. Most of the deaths in NY where from Cuomo shipping younger infected patients into nursing homes. Not to mention the "false positives". Mango and goat samples have tested positive. COVID positives skyrocketing in USA & UK, as deaths plummets to a tiny fraction of less than 1%. The virus is real. The lockdown, social distancing, masks, a total, complete hoax. Do your research people. Don't spout ignorant nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Travis179 said:

Mango and goat samples have tested positive.

Can you share the figures for mango and goat testing?

Cheers.

Oh, and are those separate figures, or some sort of mango-goat mash-up. Sounds yummy.

Again, thanks for your valuable input.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DaLa said:

I've travelled to more than 40 countries in the world and stayed at hundreds of hotels. Only in Thailand and a few other places in the East do I actually consume from the mini-bar at 'inflated' prices because the surcharge is reasonable.  I don't work in the hotel industry so I have no idea why and how they can justify the mark up.

The point about even removing a drink deems it to be sold, reminds me of the fridges that can register automatically the 'sale' to your bill.  That to me appears to be a great deal of technology when if they sensibly priced the contents they could add at least something to the bottom line.

Am I being unreasonable to suggest that if supermarkets can operate on a 8-11% margin then stocking a fridge in a hotel room doesn't justify 100-300%.

I've encountered this.

Just buy some cold cans at a 7 or supermarket on the way back to the hotel, don't put them in the fridge, drink them, put the empties in your work bag/backpack, take them outside and throw away.

And perhaps buy more at 7 on the way back to the hotel...

• Like 1

Nobody and I mean nobody can say there's not something else going on here!!

Just take the logic that the W.H.O and the C.D.C ( To which i have trust issues with) have stated that the number of infections might be x2 of reported due to asymptomatics so by that alone the death rate is below FLu levels .

• Like 2