Democrat Joe Biden chooses U.S. Senator Kamala Harris for White House running mate

webfact

20 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

Biden thinks latinos are diverse but blacks are an homogeneous group. Wrong! Black people are very conscious about blackness. Kamala being sort-of-black is not going to sway too many. 

It might when she starts promising the moon to blm. I only hope ole joe can keep her in check.

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You mean like Trump's recent announcements? Even your brethren on here were honest enough to admit it is pure vote buying.

The dems do the same thing on a bigger scale. Do you have $3.trillion?

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Why Me said:

Jeezus, Nov. was the Dems to lose. And now they have figured out exactly how to accomplish this. Strident, insincere and amoral. The country isn't going to vote for a President Kamala Harris, which is what the Dems are asking with this pick.

You would have thought after the 2016 debacle they would have figured out that pandering doesn't get you across the finish line. And likeability matters. Ah well, we'll survive 4 more.

I'd be interested to hear your opinion as to who the Democrats were "pandering" to when they chose Tim Kaine as their vice presidential nominee in 2016.

As far as 2020 is concerned, they could nominate Mrs. Butterworth without coming close to losing my vote. Talk about likeable!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Being of Jamaican and Indian descent makes you "Black" ? 

I only hope she follows the beliefs of Hinduism, more than Baptist (which is listed in her Wiki)

Other than that it will be politics as usual, nothing new here other than she is a woman.   They all talk the big talk when running, but when in office they are all (especially Congress) under the control of the military industrial complex, big oil, big pharma, insurance conglomerates, and their lobbyists.  

That's what most good pensions are based upon.

• Like 2

What kind of candidate picks a candidate based on race and gender? Imagine me an employer who when choosing an employee hired based on race and gender. Oh wait, that's called affirmative action. 

Now the question is "Is she black enough" or will endless promises to blm help.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Witness Kamala Harris in this Guardian video playing the race card against Joe Biden, when she opposed Biden's candidature....I don't think you're a racist Joe Biden but....

She has no hesitancy to place the race card, which is no doubt part of how she got to where she is now. 

3 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

People don’t like Kamala for a multitude of very legitimate reasons, her being a woman is not one of them and hiding behind that argument is weak, but typical. 

Your words below, would you say the same concerning a male selected for a VP - nope...

"Kamala will plant a dime bag on him and get him arrested"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Kamala Harris was so keen to play the "I'm sooooo black" card that she lied about smoking pot and listening to Tupac and Snoop Dog while in College. Turns out she's so old neither Tupac nor Snoop Dog released albums until after she graduated. Lol. 

She actually said when asked if she smoked pot "I'm half Jamaican are you serious", something her father chided her about as being racist.

Kamala Harris Is Accused of Lying About Listening to Tupac. Here’s What Actually Happened.

It began as a lighthearted moment. Senator Kamala Harris, the California Democrat and former prosecutor who announced her presidential candidacy last month, revealed on a popular radio show this week that she had smoked marijuana during her college years at Howard University in Washington.

But after a viral tweet ignited backlash from marijuana activists and conservatives, Ms. Harris faces accusations that she fabricated parts of her story. In the midst of answering simultaneous questions about what music she listens to, she appeared to some to say she listened to rap artists like Tupac and Snoop Dogg as she smoked in college, though neither released an album until after she graduated.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/us/politics/kamala-harris-snoop-tupac.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

That's what happens all the time in US politics. The running mate is the one that can get the votes that the candidate himself has no access to. Which is why I think Pence will be dumped soon, he doesn't need someone like Pence right now, but a vote getter a bit more centric.

But if I have 2 prospects for an employee and I pick the white guy because he'd be better suited for my clientele, that would be a nono. But, yes I understand biden's reason.

• Like 1