Democrat Joe Biden chooses U.S. Senator Kamala Harris for White House running mate

webfact

I'm sure he would have preferred an African American but she will have to do, being half Indian and half Caribbean will still have appeal for the victim group. It may be true she is descended from one of Jamaica's biggest slave owners, so they will probably turn that into a positive as well, it's all about identity folks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Shes Indian and Asian but whatever. 

Anywho, real fantastic pick right there. Arguably one of the most unlikeable and unprincipled of them all, but it was the obvious choice considering the state of lawlessness going on in the states.  

Father Jamaican?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Opl said:

yes, because she's seen dark enough by Trump voters

Agood reply ...but makes the outcome on my quote 50/50% ????????

Nothing against her ....like expected she will become the first woman president of USA.....

As Biden does not look very fit in physical way...

Who can tell what lies, filth and smears this poor lady will have to endure from the lying machine that is Trump and his coterie.

I must admit I was neutral about her because I didn't know much about her. In the primaries I liked Tulsi Gabbard, she would have been an advocate to avoid war. Best pick would have been Michelle Obama but presumably she didn't want it.

My last pick would have been Diane Abbot from Britain's Labour Party.....just joking. 

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

If I recall correctly you once mentioned you are a female. I guess culturally we are divided as it comes across to me as a very insulting generalised connotation i.e. females making false charges against men.

I think it was a reference to her being a prosecutor in the good old USA.  So probably gender neutral.

3 hours ago, Opl said:

yes, because she's seen dark enough by Trump voters

3 hours ago, Opl said:

But...is she dark enough for BLM...? To win their support..?

She and that group are align by the reparations idea , The Sad part about that is taxpayers will be forced to pay for it!

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/14/703299534/sen-kamala-harris-on-reparations

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:
26 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Her being a woman is most certainly one of the reasons some don't like her.

Na, Love Candace Owens and she's a real woman of colour 

Sheesh... and here was me thinkin' that ord'n'ry white folks wusn't aware of the traditional 'y'all aint real black' paradox that keeps the black community socially divided.

That wuz after me thinkin' 'bout wut a black Michelle Malkin would look and sound like.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

Agood reply ...but makes the outcome on my quote 50/50% ????????

Nothing against her ....like expected she will become the first woman president of USA.....

As Biden does not look very fit in physical way...

She wrote about her mother: "“She knew that her adopted homeland would see Maya and me as black girls, and she was determined to make sure we would grow into confident, proud black women,” Kamala wrote."

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/02/10/kamala-harris-president-parents-shyamala-gopalan-donald-harris-berkeley/

In a way, she wasn't born "black", she became "black", this is something you often hear from persons with mixed roots

And... A close reading of Harris’s record suggests that she likely has shifted her views on police misconduct for political reasons... By 2016, she supported what the Times described as “a modest expansion of her office’s powers to investigate police misconduct.” But her demands for police oversight were nowhere near as sweeping as they have become this year..."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/08/give-kamala-harris-break/615127/

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Opl said:

By 2016, she supported what the Times described as “a modest expansion of her office’s powers to investigate police misconduct.” But her demands for police oversight were nowhere near as sweeping as they have become this year..."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/08/give-kamala-harris-break/615127/

There weren't any BLM 'riots' allegedly caused by Antifa being touted as the bogeyman back in 2016 either.

• Like 1