Jump to content
BANGKOK
alexlm

Agents in Phnom Penh for ED visa?

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

Do you know a good agent in Phnom Penh to pick up my passport at my hotel and go to the Thai Embassy for me?

 

I am planning to arrive in Thailand in 2021 when the borders open up...

 

And: does Phnom Penh's Thai Embassy has a proof of fund requirement to get the ED visa? Because the Paris Thai Embassy is asking me for 10,000 EUR, which I don't have...

 

I'm married to a Thai Woman, so if the ED visa is not possible in Phnom Penh, the same questions apply on it (plan B).

 

Thank you ❤️

Hope you are well.

 

Alex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the embassy is issuing any visas at this time unless it is to get a certificate of entry for those that qualify.

If you were able to get the visa now it would be expired by the time you able to enter the country.

If married to a Thai you can get a single entry non-o visa. You could also enter now by applying for a certificate of entry at the embassy based upon being married to a Thai.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't think the embassy is issuing any visas at this time unless it is to get a certificate of entry for those that qualify.

If you were able to get the visa now it would be expired by the time you able to enter the country.

If married to a Thai you can get a single entry non-o visa. You could also enter now by applying for a certificate of entry at the embassy based upon being married to a Thai.

Thank you ubonjoe,

I will arrive in 2021. And only once the borders will be opened again. Please don't keep the virus in mind in your answer and, if you want to answer me again, please do so by doing like if there was no virus anymore.

My question is about if Phnom Penh can get me an ED visa. I will arrive on an exempt stamp (I'm French). I plan to go to Cambodia or Laos to get the ED visa with the paperwork provided by the school.

I just want to know if I can do the ED visa in Phnom Penh or if I need to do it in Laos where I used to get my "marriage" visas for 4 years. But I have never tried Cambodia.

Because I read that in Cambodia, where I have never been, an agent can take and bring your passport back from your hotel, instead of going yourself to the Embassy, or to Laos and waiting 2 hours under the sun with 130 people in queue in front of me.

I hope it makes senses.

And also, if you know any "officially" reliable agents in Phnom Penh to do that, either for ED or "marriage" visa.

I know you are the best in answering visa questions on this forum. I hope you can answer me.

Take Care 🙂 

Edited by alexlm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, alexlm said:

I just want to know if I can do the ED visa in Phnom Penh or if I need to do it in Laos where I used to get my "marriage" visas for 4 years. But I have never tried Cambodia.

There have been reports in the past (6 months ago) about non-ed visas requiring you to do them in person. Things may of changed by the time you apply for it. I cannot recall the names of any agents there.

It might be best to get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet or Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam based upon marriage. You can attend school with one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phnom Penh has been known as quite strict and there's very little if anything that agents can do to help. While it's hard to predict what they (or any other Thai embassy for that matter) will be like next year, I wouldn't go there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alexlm said:

I will arrive in 2021. And only once the borders will be opened

Keep in mind that no one knows when the borders will open.  They may even be closed through out 2021.
 

Since you are married to a Thai you can come here now if get the proper visa and jump through all the hoops. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I found a school that would allow me to stay for one year without having to go to Immigration more than one time.

I don't have the 400k for the one year extension in Thailand based on marriage.

But if I chose to get a "marriage" visa, I was hoping to being able to go to Cambodia because I have never been.

And read that an agent can take care of your passport and you don't need to go to the Embassy in the case of a single-entry marriage visa.

But maybe it is not the case anymore?

And I don't know any reliable name of agents in Cambodia yet.

Edited by alexlm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alexlm said:

I found a school that would allow me to stay for one year without having to go to Immigration more than one time.

I don't have the 400k for the one year extension in Thailand based on marriage.

But if I chose to get a "marriage" visa, I was hoping to being able to go to Cambodia because I have never been.

And read that an agent can take care of your passport and you don't need to go to the Embassy in the case of a single-entry marriage visa.

But maybe it is not the case anymore?

And I don't know any reliable name of agents in Cambodia yet.

Lucky Lucky on Monivong will handle any visa IF its possible.

You could call and ask,  Phone: 855-23-212788

BUT dont count on anything right now

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, zzzzz said:

Lucky Lucky on Monivong will handle any visa IF its possible.

You could call and ask,  Phone: 855-23-212788

BUT dont count on anything right now

Thank you very much.

I will send an email to them to get some info.

 

Yes. I know. Right now with the virus, I'm not going anywhere.

And: my Thai Wife still has to finish her job diploma in France before we can go back so it won't be until April 2021. Hoping the borders will be open by then... if not, then It will be more complicated and I will need to do some kind of extensions I guess with all that process for people married to a Thai Citizen...

But thanks for the reminder.

 

And thanks for the reference.

 

Hope you are well. And your relatives too...

Take Care 

Alex

Edited by alexlm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if your serious, call, I have found 90% of emails sent to khmers go unanswered.

 

But, I think your wasting your time, wait till after New years

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I choose the ED visa route:

My school offers 7,000 THB trip to Vientiane, all included, with fast tracking at the Embassy to apply. No waiting time...

So that would be fine.

 

BUT

If I choose the Non-o "marriage" visa single entry:

I would really love to try Cambodia.

I read that you have higher chances of success if you use an agents than if you bother going to the Phnom Penh Embassy yourself.

But I read that maybe 3 years ago.

So did it change since and now there is only Laos? Is Cambodia finished?

And what about waiting after New years? For what? Will it change again regarding Cambodia agents?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you cant get into Lao or Cambodia now< Your school cant offer ANYTHING now
after the new years hopefully things will change

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't need an agent for an Education ED Visa, at least not if it's a legitimate school or university. If it's a scam school using the course as a front for being a visa mill the embassies and consulates have been put on "alert" to sniff them out. This isn't a rumor btw, I have two uni friends working at different Thai Embassies in Europe who confirmed to me this notice was circulated worldwide. Not saying it's impossible when corruption is involved.

 

As far as the Embassy in Paris is involved I'm surprised about the 10,000 EUR requirement. Could be part of the new crackdown on ED-Visas that is selectively enforced. Back in 2016 when I did my last ED Visa as a student at Thammasat University the Embassy in Berlin didn't bat an eye and the account statement showed maybe ~ 3000 EUR max. I supplied a copy of my credit card statement though that showed a decent limit. They even issued me a 1Y/ME despite several other embassies and consulates telling me those were no longer issued and I'd have to get a 3M/SE one amended at Immigration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alexlm said:

If I choose the ED visa route:

My school offers 7,000 THB trip to Vientiane, all included, with fast tracking at the Embassy to apply. No waiting time...

So that would be fine.

Sounds like a good plan. 

 

1 hour ago, alexlm said:

BUT

If I choose the Non-o "marriage" visa single entry:

I would really love to try Cambodia.

I read that you have higher chances of success if you use an agents than if you bother going to the Phnom Penh Embassy yourself.

But I read that maybe 3 years ago.

So did it change since and now there is only Laos? Is Cambodia finished?

And what about waiting after New years? For what? Will it change again regarding Cambodia agents?

If you want to visit Cambodia, go for it (when you can, again) - but don't go there with some tie-in to getting a Visa from the Thai Consulate there.  There is a service in the Lucky-Lucky Moto Shop, but it's not like when they got carte-blanche.  Eveidently, the consul now gets better offers from those who want to STOP Visas, than from his old agent-partners. 

 

If you want a visa based on marriage, you want to go to Savannakhet or HCMC - or is single-entry only, Vientiane is OK (with pre-booked appointment for the latter).  What is needed to obtain one at those locations is clear - though I would watch for the first post-Covid reports, to ensure no change. 

 

There is absolutely no reason to get a Visa in PP, where the outcome is unknown at best.

 

As to what will change "after new years" - why/how would anyone here have a clue?  The best we can do at any consulate or immigration-office in-country, is look at recent reports here, in order to get an indication of what the ever-changing rules are.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alexlm said:

If I choose the ED visa route:

My school offers 7,000 THB trip to Vientiane, all included, with fast tracking at the Embassy to apply. No waiting time...

So that would be fine.

That kind of plan comes with quite a catch nowadays. Did your school also tell you when the border will reopen, what the entry requirements in both Laos and Thailand will be? For all we know, it could happen tomorrow or in two years time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...