Goodbye Fat Chow?

fangless

2 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Fat Chow never did, did it?

That's a fair statement. We've done very well in The Night Bazaar with The Duke's for 11 or so years. It's all about the location. Fat Chow will do well as does all the other restaurants around when there are people. Thanks for the clarification.

I don't know about in this case, but เซ้งกิจการ often means something more like, "Take over the existing business," rather than just "for lease." The idea being that the place has an existing name and clientele, along with all the equipment to more or less hit the ground running. 

Fat Chow has no name value or existing clientele as it never really opened. 

Another property with the the same "Take over" potential is Western House just down from Meechok Plaza across the street from the Caltex station. They, for contrast, do have name recognition and established clientele. 

I assume, although just speculation, that the Fat Chow location, if for sale, could be gutted and turned into a bubble bath spa if the buyer wanted to, right? 

• Sad 2

About 800 m up from Meechok Plaza (counterclockwise on the ring road and on the right). I live about a kilometer from there and went by late this afternoon. Many people, mostly Thai. Very strange. The Dukes guy did not even mention it above. Who would open a fairly high-priced place NOW? Is it a franchise or something? I dont know. Fine with me though. I have always liked Dukes a lot, but it was a inconvenient trip for me to get over to Maya or Promenada. I have not eaten there yet but will in the next couple of days. 

11 hours ago, lexilis said:

I have always liked Dukes a lot, but it was a inconvenient trip for me to get over to Maya or Promenada. I have not eaten there yet but will in the next couple of days. 

I'm guessing the Promenada location will be the next to close. I can't imagine business is very good there especially since immigration is no longer there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

I'm guessing the Promenada location will be the next to close. I can't imagine business is very good there especially since immigration is no longer there.

Immigration recently opened there.  Did they close again?  I don’t think so.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just an FYI before everyone expels a lot of energy, we have sold Fat Chow to a Thai couple who will be moving the restaurant down Chang Klan and building a building for it on grandma's land. So the night bazaar location is now empty and available for anyone one who wants a great space. Looks like The River Market might also be sold. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"...sold Fat Chow to a Thai couple who will be moving the restaurant down Chang Klan and building a building for it on grandma's land."

One really is born every minute. Nice maneuver.

River Market was a great location with a pedestrian menu. Maybe someone with deep pockets to wait until 2023 when a few tourists return will take a similar plunge. Good luck. 

21 minutes ago, theDukes said:

Looks like The River Market might also be sold. 

At the river market location, there is a deep open well .

That is an accident waiting to happen , I always look down there to see whether anyones falling down yet .

It maybe an idea to cover it , that could save a childs life

24 minutes ago, theDukes said:

Just an FYI before everyone expels a lot of energy, we have sold Fat Chow to a Thai couple who will be moving the restaurant down Chang Klan and building a building for it on grandma's land. So the night bazaar location is now empty and available for anyone one who wants a great space. Looks like The River Market might also be sold. 

What was the point in them buying the restaurant if they arent going to open at the location ?

16 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

What was the point in them buying the restaurant if they arent going to open at the location ?

They probably got all the equipment, furniture and fixtures plus plans, menus and dreams.  Hard to say they bought a restaurant since it was not a going concern and only open for what less than a week?  They bought the makings of a restaurant most likely.  Relocating it to a less trafficked area?  Good luck.

On 8/13/2020 at 1:44 PM, dingdongrb said:

From another thread I think there must be a branch there, but doubt it will save Promenada. I gave up on the place when they stopped the free songtheaw service to it. I didn't have my own transport and the red songtheaws from there were a huge rip off.

I used to go to the movies there when the songtheaw service was running.

IMO they built it in anticipation of lots of rich people moving to that area. That may happen, but not any time soon, IMO.