read only attribute

scammed

if it's set to read only then just copy the files to another folder.

if it's a Steam game you can right click, properties, click local files tab, move install folder.

not sure what you are trying to do. when i click stuff in Program Files (x86) and want to delete it asks me to confirm I want to do as admin and that's it.

7 minutes ago, kekalot said:

if it's set to read only then just copy the files to another folder.

if it's a Steam game you can right click, properties, click local files tab, move install folder.

not sure what you are trying to do. when i click stuff in Program Files (x86) and want to delete it asks me to confirm I want to do as admin and that's it.

i am trying to mod and i am trying to make a serial number stick so i wont have to write it every time i start the game

7 minutes ago, scammed said:

its a 240 gb ssd, i think a wd

do you now have 2 HD's ? can you access the SSD and see it's contents ?  maybe better and safer to follow @Matzzon advise... I had a similar problem with a new Toshiba SSD but mine was hardware configuration incorrect as the people/kids who did it knew shxx about computers

7 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

do you now have 2 HD's ? can you access the SSD and see it's contents ?  maybe better and safer to follow @Matzzon advise... I had a similar problem with a new Toshiba SSD but mine was hardware configuration incorrect as the people/kids who did it knew shxx about computers

i only got 1 internal hd as of now.

i know for a fact they have zero clue on this issue as i went back for help and saw they cant even begin to compete with me

Edited by scammed

11 minutes ago, scammed said:

i am trying to mod and i am trying to make a serial number stick so i wont have to write it every time i start the game

If you know what file you need to mod, MOVE it to another location (like c:\ ), make a backup copy (just in case), make your modifications to the original, MOVE it back.

The OS prevents users (or their scummy programs) from modifying critical system or program files to prevent integrity/corruption issues during runtime. This restriction isn't in place for other locations. Just temporarily copy/move the file, edit, move back. 

3 minutes ago, RichCor said:

If you know what file you need to mod, MOVE it to another location (like c:\ ), make a backup copy (just in case), make your modifications to the original, MOVE it back.

The OS prevents users (or their scummy programs) from modifying critical system or program files to prevent integrity/corruption issues during runtime. This restriction isn't in place for other locations. Just temporarily copy/move the file, edit, move back. 

yes, i did that as a temporary solution,

but i have never before been put in the situation that i cant mod whatever i feel like,

and that include on my previous win 10 that i had just a week ago.

in any case, both my issues are solved even if it isnt exactly as i wanted it

Edited by scammed

44 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

but he didn't say what windows version is using and your link refers to win10.... you're good mind reader 555

The principle is the same.

The OP should be able to google something similar for any other Windows version.

And in terms of user-rights I don't remember too many changes over the last Windows versions since Windows NT.