Mack the Knife

sceadugenga

There's a knife maker who comes into Suandok Market on 1211 near Singha Park who sets up a small stall some Sundays and sells well made ornamental knives and good quality kitchen knives made from carbon steel.

He's not always there.

I've bought a few over the years and some, along with other kitchen knives I have, need a proper sharpening, a re-grind rather than just a "steel".

I was hoping someone here knew of him and whether he had a regular shop or stall anywhere where I could approach him about the job.

Edited by sceadugenga

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Kevvy, I've been remiss in this, I saw the guy there on Saturday and apparently that is his regular "pitch", but hadn't got around to catching up with this topic yet.

I've not asked him about sharpening but will take a couple of kitchen knives in possibly tomorrow to demonstrate my needs.

I recommend this stall for good knives at a reasonable price, he also makes quite good collectors blades as well as kitchen and garden tools.

IMG_0959.JPG

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

Thanks Kevvy, I've been remiss in this, I saw the guy there on Saturday and apparently that is his regular "pitch", but hadn't got around to catching up with this topic yet.

I've not asked him about sharpening but will take a couple of kitchen knives in possibly tomorrow to demonstrate my needs.

I recommend this stall for good knives at a reasonable price, he also makes quite good collectors blades as well as kitchen and garden tools.

IMG_0959.JPG

I collect discontinued ZT knives

This ZT 0100 is a beast

hs2000htr-img1200x900-1578836635wlprpr24868.jpg

• Like 2