BANGKOK
webfact

Officials seize 30 million baht's worth of pressure washers after man dies washing car

Officials seize 30 million baht's worth of pressure washers after man dies washing car

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Trading standards officers were pictured with 30 million baht's worth of substandard foreign tools.

There were pumps, high pressure sprays and a host of other equipment imported from abroad and sold on Facebook that didn't meet the Thai's exacting standards. 

Search warrants were issued and three places were raided. 

This followed the electrocution and death of a man in Nonthaburi while using one of the high pressure sprays on a vehicle.

Investigations continue with the possibility that the importers would face a prison term of 6 months and/or a fine of 100,000 baht.  

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-12

Bet London to a brick they're Chinese made

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Paiman said:

To be honest, I was not aware that Thailand has any kind of standard whatsoever.

Just look a the wiring of many houses.... and so on. 

I thought that when I visited my mother in laws house in Krabi and looked at a frightening electric shower installation.  However, we've just had a large shop and 6 bed house constructed and despite it being mainly concrete the fire regs.  include emergency lighting, alarms and fire extinguishers on each floor.  The electrics are all on MCB's and I saw the earthing rods being placed. I had a construction business back in the UK and some of the 100 year old terrace properties left a great deal to be desired.

537EFE02-26E0-4488-9FC9-3B8F1439D31B_1_105_c.jpeg

DD11218C-99D5-445C-A4A4-349F9FBC45D6_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by DaLa
added pics.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

This followed the electrocution and death of a man in Nonthaburi while using one of the high pressure sprays on a vehicle.

Investigations continue with the possibility that the importers would face a prison term of 6 months and/or a fine of 100,000 baht. 

Life's cheap, looks like death is around the same price in this case.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Who ever came up with that 1 sure has a wicked sense of humour.🤣

Yes, true, but the tragedy is that their 'exacting standards' still manage to kill people almost every day. 

It's  a measure of the lack of trust in technology that I have here, that if I am emptying the washing machine, unconsciously, I first disconnect it from the power, making sure that I don't touch the casing of the machine. Sad but true.