Video: Navy plane successfully lands without front landing gear - all 14 safe

webfact

I didn't know that anyone flew F27s any more. The were old 30 years ago. From google: 

In addition to the 581 F27s built by Fokker, 128 F-27s and 78 FH-227s were built. In February 2010, only one Fairchild FH-227 aircraft, FH-227E serial number 501 belonging to the Myanmar Air Force, remained in active service.[citation needed]

7 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

B-52, Hercules, Hueys, Cobras, DC-3/C-47s, just for a start (and that's just a few military aircraft) Some airlines have just taken 747s out of service.

Just because an airframe is old doesn't mean it hasn't been updated and modernised- in some cases they haven't and still soldier on

I never said otherwise.  

5 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

B-52, Hercules, Hueys, Cobras, DC-3/C-47s, just for a start (and that's just a few military aircraft) Some airlines have just taken 747s out of service.

Just because an airframe is old doesn't mean it hasn't been updated and modernised- in some cases they haven't and still soldier on

I just looked up the list of RTN aircraft here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Naval_Air_Division

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

A really good text book crash landing.

I agree about the fire trucks being slow off the mark. They should have been waiting close to the runway before the aircraft landed, and gone boot to the floor as soon as it passed them.

Good job by the pilot, and emergency crew. I would say the fire trucks were deployed properly alongside the runway, and you can see them racing into motion as the aircraft passed, arriving at the plane within seconds as they chased after it. If the gear that did not deploy was one of the wheels under the wings instead, the plane could have spun, and rolled, then the trucks would have been in the best position away on the sides, but in the middle of the runway in that case.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Navy operating old planes, one crashes. Thaigeezers complain.

Navy orders NEW planes  to replace outdated unsafe ones. Thaigeezers complain.

Lose -lose for Thai navy either way.

Kudos to the pilot for getting it down on the deck without and injuries.- strange people didn't mention that.

No. Military order luxury plane for Senior officers. Thai geezers complain!

Great Job. The main damage was to the nose gear and undercarriage. No engine or Prop damage. 

I've watched a C-5, C141 and C130 come down with nose gear and main landing gear malfunctions with very little damage also. Walking away from any aircraft with a difficult landing is great.