"Safe Thailand" - Thais can now visit the European Union, Thai media

webfact

"Safe Thailand" - Thais can now visit the European Union, Thai media

8pm.jpg

Thai media TNN reported that the European Union has lifted the travel ban on 11 countries including Thailand that are deemed to be safe from coronavirus. 

However the news dated yesterday seems to be a little out of date. 

TNN said the list of 11 was Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, New Zealand, Rwanda, South Korea, Tunisia, Uruguay and Thailand.

They said that China would be removed from the list of restricted countries when they reciprocate for EU nationals. 

However a press release from the European Union available online indicates that the decision was made on July 16th and included Morocco and Algeria.

Source: TNN

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-12

37 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

And for the return journey may we interest you in a compulsory 14 day stay at one of our luxuriously overpriced compulsory quarantine hotels!

Thais don’t pay the same price as farang, and anyway they most probably get to quarantine at home with all of the family ??

Thais don’t get ripped off but they sure as hell see us coming

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, trucking said:

Not so. They have to go into government quarantine or if they have deep pockets they can do it at a government appointed 5 star hotel. Very expensive.

You may be correct and I hope you are but I know of 3 who just went home after arriving from Saudi Arabia and Korea

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Janner1 said:

Thais don’t pay the same price as farang, and anyway they most probably get to quarantine at home with all of the family ??

Thais don’t get ripped off but they sure as hell see us coming

I can confirm, Thai’s don’t quarantine at home and they pay exactly the same price for those overpriced hotels

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trucking said:

This has been reported after some of a large group of returnees refused quarantine and escaped home in the confusion at the airport. However, some later voluntarily gave themselves up and the others were tracked down ( according to the press ) and had to do the quarantine.

i,m coming home i,ve done my time.....tony orlando

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roquefort said:

Let me enlighten you on life in "Wuhan Flu plagued Europe".

You may be surprised to hear that the streets here are not piled high with bodies. Shops, restaurants and bars are open and for the most part people go about their daily business as normal while taking sensible precautions. What's more, they don't get run over in droves by alcohol or drug crazed drivers every day.

So please keep to the "comparative safety" of Thailand and wallow in your media-induced paranoia while the rest of us get on with our lives.

I can confirm that Europe made a green list of countries wich can travel to Europe without quarantine.  Thailand is listed in the Green Zone so' Thais can travel free to Europe with no quarantine.  I read that there is a request of reciprocity in act . 

Added there is an Orange Zone and a Red Zone . France , Belgium , Spain was moved to the Orange Zone and every 2 weeks the Zoning is revised based on new numbers of infected ....

7 minutes ago, Marco100 said:

I can confirm that Europe made a green list of countries wich can travel to Europe without quarantine.  Thailand is listed in the Green Zone so' Thais can travel free to Europe with no quarantine.  I read that there is a request of reciprocity in act . 

Added there is an Orange Zone and a Red Zone . France , Belgium , Spain was moved to the Orange Zone and every 2 weeks the Zoning is revised based on new numbers of infected ....

People who arrive from Thailand have to self isolate, Thailand is not on the U.K. exemption list,

Countries and territories with no self-isolation requirement on arrival in England

You may not have to self-isolate if you are travelling from one of the countries or territories listed below.

You will need to self-isolate if you visited or made a transit stop in a country or territory that is not on the list in the 14 days before you arrive in England.

11 hours ago, trucking said:

Great news for the thousands of Rwandans itching for a sunny holiday on the Costa Del Sol.

Any Thais taking advantage of this can look forward to a nice quarantine holiday as soon as they return.

If and when they can get thru all the red tape and can book a flight. 

Edited by Venom
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, roquefort said:

Let me enlighten you on life in "Wuhan Flu plagued Europe".

What's more, they don't get run over in droves by alcohol or drug crazed drivers every day.

Er. I think everyday 

In 2018, around 23 400 persons were killed in road accidents in the EU: 45% of the fatalities were passenger car drivers or passengers; 21% were pedestrians.

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Why on earth would Thais leave the comparative safety of Thailand to a Wuhan Flu plagued Europe?

Oh wow, I did not realise that Asia is actually more infested than Europe. Plus the countries claming to be covid free, such as ... cough cough.

20200812_202152.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

People who arrive from Thailand have to self isolate, Thailand is not on the U.K. exemption list,

Countries and territories with no self-isolation requirement on arrival in England

You may not have to self-isolate if you are travelling from one of the countries or territories listed below.

You will need to self-isolate if you visited or made a transit stop in a country or territory that is not on the list in the 14 days before you arrive in England.

England is not Europe . Green List i mention is made by the European Union and includes Thailand and visiting thais are not subject to quarantine .

An obvious question is, as the wording for several counties there, is that 'Residents' of Thailand are allowed entry. So are us Farangs who have been officially residing here for extended times (I have not left in the past year), with multiple entry valid Non Immigrant O, or OA Retirement visa, allowed in (with 'Merikan PP)?? Of course, no return possibility in the foreseeable future, until eventually, hopefully they allow us back with a quarantine.  Where would one find that out?

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I don’t think 3 flights a month is going to keep Thai Air afloat ?

who is talking about 3 flights per month, if Europe and other countries open up to Thailand then the Thais will want to travel and Thai will be the only airline actually flying in and out of Thailand.

2 minutes ago, beano2274 said:

who is talking about 3 flights per month, if Europe and other countries open up to Thailand then the Thais will want to travel and Thai will be the only airline actually flying in and out of Thailand.

If you search Skyscanner there are loads of airlines scheduling flights to Thailand not just Thai Air albeit 

they will be cancelled to the lockdown.