Pattaya: Motorcycle taxi rider relied on foreign tourists - now he has nothing

I know it is an old post but today I was at Soi Arunotai near Big C wanting to go to 2nd rd a distance of less than a kilometre. I was in a hurry so asked a win driver. 60 baht. I walked in 10 minutes instead. Maybe they need to ask why people aren't using them? The only farung left in Pattaya have more sense than to pay their outrageous prices.

• Like 1
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes we select one, or a group, as representative of others as well. We don't really have space to tell all the stories of millions of others. Yet sitting out all day in the same spot, barely sha

Motorcycle taxi rider scammed foreign tourists - now he has nothing, fixed it for him

And all the others can't work?

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I know it is an old post but today I was at Soi Arunotai near Big C wanting to go to 2nd rd a distance of less than a kilometre. I was in a hurry so asked a win driver. 60 baht. I walked in 10 minutes instead. Maybe they need to ask why people aren't using them? The only farung left in Pattaya have more sense than to pay their outrageous prices.

I was under the impression 60 baht is the minimum price per journey.  What do you think the price should have been?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
13 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I was under the impression 60 baht is the minimum price per journey.  What do you think the price should have been?

some will accept 40 baht for short journeys

On 8/12/2020 at 1:27 PM, saakura said:

"His family is subsisting on basic foods like fermented fish sauce just to stay alive"

Nonsense, you can't survive by drinking bottles of Nam Plaa.

They eat it with rice...that's it. 

On 8/12/2020 at 11:53 AM, ChipButty said:

Motorcycle taxi rider scammed foreign tourists - now he has nothing, fixed it for him

A very cruel comment.

The motorsai boys are the heroes of public transport. During these hard times I always give them extra. I feel sorry form them but I pity and despise the Thai haters and Thai bashers who shamefully revel in the difficulties of this class of Thais. I hope they never return to Thailand and would be happy if they never returned to this forum spreading their hate, negativity and lousy energy.

On 8/11/2020 at 9:53 PM, ChipButty said:

How did he scam anyone?  I know I used these taxis on occasion when I lived in Pattaya.  Did I pay more than a Thai?  Yeah maybe.  But we're talking about me paying 50 baht versus 40 baht.  Hard to really call it a scam.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

that was actually cheap imo

11 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

Sixty baht seems to be their minimum for most rides, even longer journeys. Remember the early days of the 'new' governemnt where large signs were erected showing fares to various points and they tried to rein them in...that did not last. I don't begrudge them 60 baht, times must be hard these days.