DDC says two virus cases found in Japan might have originated in Thailand

webfact

1 minute ago, Bluetongue said:

I know I flew in on 6 Jan about three days later, sick as a dog for a few days, son who picked me up airport was sick as a dog after that, then the wife, by mid Feb.

Maybe in a few months, we'll realize that people who came to visit Thailand early this year were a major vector to spread the virus in Europe, USA etc...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xonax said:

I am more surprised, that they were even able to travel from Thailand to Japan in July, when many others claim to be stranded here. Did they both quarantine 14 days when arriving in Thailand, or could they by any chance both have brought the virus with them from Japan?

Why are you surprised? I think you are out of touch with the situation. Very few people are stranded in Thailand contrary to many people's belief. There are airlines flying in empty to Thailand and taking passengers out. For example I took a Qatar airways flight from Bangkok to London Heathrow on July 10th via Doha. I could have transited elsewhere if I had wished. The amesty is basically for people who wish to stay not for those who are stranded.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

how many have died of no treatment policies that deprive people of simple operations ,care for cancer, heart problems etc etc.

Let me tell you my sad story, the only person that I'll see dying this year was my father:

- in november 2019 my father has been diagnostized for a bone cancer in Thailand
- he started is chimio in december at the Bangkok Hospital of Bangkok

- the chimio was not finished when early in january he had problems for breath, they tested him and found he had H1N1 (?)

- he had 2 weeks left with chimio but they stopped it to help him to breath

- 10 days later my father felt a little better, they did 4 days chimio (instead of 2 weeks) and asked him to go back home

- he had a visit planed to begining of march that has been postponed to end of april

- at home he still had that pneumonia, he felt worse and worse. Impossible to go to hospital in march, so I bought for him many bottle of oxygen to help him to breath
- end of april he came back to the hospital and they found that the cancer had spread to liver and lunged ???? they kept him for his pneumonia
- my father died in may

But I dont blame Thailand and the Bangkok Hospital:
- Later I learned that my father had that first cancer for more than 2 years (but he scared to go to hospital), his case was desperate
- China didn't alert Thailand in december/january about the covid-19, so the hospitals in Thailand were not prepared

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Silly talk...

So Auckland found a couple of new cases, despite their precautions... Sometimes people slip thru. Sometimes test rests are in error.

But if anyone wants to choose between Auckland and the precautionless U.S., with 160,000+ dead and adding 1000+ new deaths daily, it's not a very tough choice.

Keep the masks on. Keep your social distance. Stay home when possible. Avoid crowded, close contact settings. Wash your hands regularly.  And stay healthy....  unlike the U.S.

Genuine question,,, I am unclear with the press, do you actually have genuine knowledge of the US situation? Why is is spiking again, are people just ignoring the measures and carrying on as usual? I only have 1 friend who lives in Minnesota full time and he said he and everyone he knows is behaving under all the guidelines,, 

29 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

That's exactly what I'm thinking, from december to march hundreds of thousands of chinese tourists came to Thailand with their covid-19.

How could it be possible that the covid-19 1st wave only started in march in Thailand ? (march as Europe & USA...)

PS: in january/february/march I and many of my friends were a little sick a few days during that time.

I'm pretty sure I had it as well and there was even a thread about who was experiencing flu like symptoms with many posts saying they were.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spellforce said:

............once one country has that virus there is no way to stop it.

History has proven thru diseases too numerous count, it has to the run natural course.  You may slow it down but you can not stop it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I'm pretty sure I had it as well and there was even a thread about who was experiencing flu like symptoms with many posts saying they were.

And we can not blame Thailand when early in January, Wuhan was lockdowned and China told the world that the virus was under control.

Back to the topic: the peak of the epidemic in Thailand didn't occured in march but much earlier. There are still some rare cases in Thailand but no more deadly cases. Thailand allready immunized after the covid started 7 months ago ? Who knows ?

Edited by Spellforce

1 minute ago, JusticeGB said:

The UK has tested 28.8m people and Thailand 750k people although Thailand has a bigger population. Who knows how many asymptomatic cases there maybe in the rest of the population of Thailand's 69.8m population. If there is no sufficient testing then there is no real knowledge of the extent of covid19. 

absolutely correct, impossible to know. However for sure it is there, somewhere,,

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Xonax said:

I am more surprised, that they were even able to travel from Thailand to Japan in July, when many others claim to be stranded here. Did they both quarantine 14 days when arriving in Thailand, or could they by any chance both have brought the virus with them from Japan?

Planes out Thailand available if some wish to fly ……. " feeling stranded " can be in many different way's 

Edited by david555

3 hours ago, Anton9 said:

Pray that Thais won't find even one asymptomatic local transmission, with the level of paranoia and fear I see I can already imagine the reaction.

The Minister of Health will blame the dirty Farang and there will be a pogram. 

15 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

Genuine question,,, I am unclear with the press, do you actually have genuine knowledge of the US situation? Why is is spiking again, are people just ignoring the measures and carrying on as usual? I only have 1 friend who lives in Minnesota full time and he said he and everyone he knows is behaving under all the guidelines,, 

The U.S. is a huge country, both in population and geography... There is no one CV trend covering the whole country. What there are are mini trends that vary widely from state to state and region to region at any given time. Nationally overall, the rate of new infections and deaths has been mostly static lately, continuing at about 50K+ cases and 1000+ deaths daily.

But within that national picture, there have been significant spikes in cases and deaths during the past month has been mainly concentrated in Southern states, including several large ones like Florida and Texas where Republican governors followed Trump's push to reopen quickly and resisted things like statewide mandatory mask requirements. And now they and their sick and dying citizens are paying the price for their science and medicine ignoring delusions.

Screenshot_2.jpg.0a62f45c8001276a30862f6f0dc70c4b.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg.d64fec66815f2cb18a09d5512c215c81.jpg

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-nhs-staff-symptoms-antibodies-covid-maternity-test-a9664841.html

A third of NHS staff in two hospital units were infected with coronavirus without showing symptoms, study finds

Almost 60 per cent of staff infected with coronavirus continued to work and commute

• Like 2

Florida CV deaths averaging 150-200 per day lately:

Screenshot_4.jpg.f52c27919e9e27ad9ce8dd698b3e25c2.jpg

Texas CV deaths averaging around 200 per day lately:

Screenshot_5.jpg.dd69b80ef4f456e5e0336259d770f4fe.jpg

California CV deaths averaging just under 150 a day lately:

Screenshot_6.jpg.58b95e6fabd7c480939f296015d44130.jpg

o

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/state-timeline/new-deaths/california

Now @GAZZPA, look at the comparable but opposite deaths trendline for your friend's state of Minnesota. They never got above 30 deaths per day, and have kept cases and deaths at relatively low levels.

Screenshot_7.jpg.18d944466cdf87a4751038cd87656cb1.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

that just shows how good/reliable the tests are here.... quite sure the virus is around and many asymptomatic people don't know they have it, sooner or later Thailand will discover/face the reality, avoiding testing does not make the virus go away

.... correct, it doesn't BUT some might believe it could bring the tourists back sooner .... :whistling: 

2 hours ago, Spellforce said:

It looks like banning international flights doesn't help to stop the covid, once one country has that virus there is no way to stop it.

That's certainly one way of looking at it, another is that it's occasionally leaking from state quarantine facilities.

woh this is not gonna please Uncle P. Hit by a plane again... first was by an Egyptian MIG 29 and now a Kamikase. All this in a country where air space is supposed to be closed ????????bad karma.....

Edited by decca60

In my vicinity a few older people died, this week 4 already. These people are not tested.

Could be of old age but I have my doubts about that because also younger people are sick but they don't die.

Nobody knows how many people are covid positive but surely it isn't zero. According to the Thai healthcare and government nobody dies of covid in Thailand.

Guess they use the same tactic as the TAT or maybe their amulets do work until a certain age.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xonax said:

RE - Did they both quarantine 14 days when arriving in Thailand, or could they by any chance both have brought the virus with them from Japan?

* As it's told, they have been in LOS for a period of 3 weeks and the incubation time is max 2 weeks so with that fact in mind they have contracted the virus in Thailand ... :thumbsup:

Edited by ttrd

4 minutes ago, ttrd said:

RE - Did they both quarantine 14 days when arriving in Thailand, or could they by any chance both have brought the virus with them from Japan?

* As it's told, they have been in LOS for a period of 3 weeks and the incubation time is 2 weeks so with that fact in mind they have contracted the virus in Thailand ... :thumbsup:

or not if the tests failed to show the correct result. 

Here's an interesting article from Taiwan. Recently 4 people tested positive for covid 19 when leaving Taiwan and/or arriving elsewhere. Think at least 3 of the 4 had no symptoms. All the people test so far don't have covid or antibodies; looks like 700+ tested. What the hell is going on? Are the tests accurate or not? Are people contracting the disease or not? Seems in 1 case the person left quarantine and probably is a local Hong Kong case, but what about the other 3 who tested negative going in and tested positive going out with no contact trail of illness or know cause of transmission. Taiwan supposedly has no local cases.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3985836