Woman, ‘drunk’ after business is embezzled, tries to ram pedestrians

webfact

Woman, ‘drunk’ after business is embezzled, tries to ram pedestrians

By The Nation

800_a1096faa5fd004f.jpg?v=1597212753

An allegedly drunk 37-year-old businesswoman tried to run over pedestrians near Khae Rai Intersection and Tao Poon MRT with her car, soon after her business was embezzled of millions.

Bang Sue police station was notified of the incident before dawn today (August 12) and tracked down the car, but the driver tried to flee in the vehicle to Or Tor Kor Market in Chatuchak district.

It was reported that the car unsuccessfully attempted to ram pedestrians near Khae Rai Intersection in Nonthaburi province at 11pm on Tuesday and then headed to Bangkok.

Police tried to stop the car but failed, until it crashed with another car, resulting in damages to the two vehicles and four motorcycles.

Several people were injured, including driver Wishuda Vittayasinthana, who was later sent to a hospital.

Wishuda’s father reportedly said that she was stressed due to her business being embezzled to the tune of millions of baht. She then drank too much alcohol and left, he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392864

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-12

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, robblok said:

People who drink and drive (or use other drugs then alcohol) are the worst scum of the earth. Endangering people for their own selfish pleasure.

I am all for using any drug people want as long as they don't bother others or operate a vehicle. 

and you get taxis where?

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

No they're not. Serial killers, mass murderers and terrorists are the worst scum of the earth.

You've got to get things into perspective.

I would add cheaters, child molesters, and those that rape the earth's resources for profit.

36 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

nd the police could've shot at the tyres. They had numerous chances as the car was stationary a lot of the time with officers standing next to it (one even climbed onto the roof, but she drove away again forcing him to scramble off - ludicrous actions by the police). As a result, it went on for a considerable amount of time and a lot of pain and damage could've been avoided. At least three police officers should be sacked for dereliction of duty .

Yes but it is a Red plated Mercedes , so they know she is Hi So . So not upsetting her takes priority over peoples lives and property.

and by the way , the cop who was on her roof will have to pay for any scratch marks.....????

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, swifty5x5 said:

and you get taxis where?

If you can't get a taxi then you don't drink. That is a really bad excuse.  But in general taxi's enough in BKK or Pattaya. You even got grab car that you can use.

But if you can't get a taxi then sleep near your bar or don't drink. Your drinking is not more important than the safety of others. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hobz said:

What about people who drive when they are tired or angry?

I'm 100% sure that I can drive better after smoking a joint or drinking a few beers than someone who is tired or angry.

That is typical denail of people who look for an excuse to drink and drive. Like i drive better then Thais do sober ect ect. There are rules to keep people safe follow them. The problem with people drinking and driving is that they usually kill or wound others. If they just killed themselves I was all for them all drinking and driving.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crusader said:

Scum of the earth gets my vote...they just do not care.  There is no excuse for drink driving, but until it effects us or someone we know...not much attention is paid to it.

Indeed i lost someone to a drunk driver so I am a bit bias. 

17 hours ago, robblok said:

People who drink and drive (or use other drugs then alcohol) are the worst scum of the earth. Endangering people for their own selfish pleasure.

I am all for using any drug people want as long as they don't bother others or operate a vehicle. 

Drink, don't drive. I agree with you. But apparently losing millions of bath seems not a selfish pleasure (not to me at least)..... and as to worst scum of the earth: certainly there are people more deserving of this title.

1 minute ago, SchuetzRob said:

Drink, don't drive. I agree with you. But apparently losing millions of bath seems not a selfish pleasure (not to me at least)..... and as to worst scum of the earth: certainly there are people more deserving of this title.

People who drink and drive get close to this title but sure if you add people like serial killers and child molesters, terrorists. But i was talking about things that many "normal" people do especially expats. (Thais too but one would expect expats to know better)

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

No they're not. Serial killers, mass murderers and terrorists are the worst scum of the earth.

You've got to get things into perspective.

If you drive a car fast deliberately through a busy pedestrian zebra crossing youre a potential mass murderer....

• Like 2