Illegitimate Child

orlov

I had a very brief relationship with a Thai woman whom I decided I didn’t want to see again. However she now tells me she’s pregnant and I accept I am probably the biological father. Predictably she’s demanding huge sums of money since I’m a farang and trying to blackmail me. However, doing a little research on Thai family law I found out, somewhat surprisingly, that there is no Thai law that compels the biological father to pay any child support to the mother where the child is illegitimate “unless the issue of the legitimation of the child is brought into the court”. But presumably legitimation could (and would) only be demanded by the father should he so wish. Anybody know more about this subject?

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I've had a couple accusing me of doing similar things, the minute she starts asking you for 5000 Baht for a pregnancy test watch out

The time to watch out is when your sticking your wiggle stick in without a condom. 

• Like 2

If the child is born the mother can bring a paternity suit and ask the courts to determine you are the father and as a consequence also responsible for the maintenance of the child. 

Normally the curts will award a sum of between 3,000 and 5,000 baht a month, plus half of educational and medical cost for the child.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Preacher said:

If the child is born the mother can bring a paternity suit and ask the courts to determine you are the father and as a consequence also responsible for the maintenance of the child. 

Normally the curts will award a sum of between 3,000 and 5,000 baht a month, plus half of educational and medical cost for the child.

How does this square with advice on the internet from one family lawyer that states “For children who are born outside a marriage in Thailand the biological father is not required by law to pay child support......” At this stage I’m simply trying to understand Thai law, nothing more. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Yes, its not such a good idea to have unprotected sex with females whom you don't want to reproduce with .

You would have to be an immoral person  to impregnate females and disregard the consequences , I.E, a baby .

Shameful behavior 

You are right!!! But only if she is REAL pregnate and HE is the father!!!

18 hours ago, orlov said:

I had a very brief relationship with a Thai woman whom I decided I didn’t want to see again.

You did the right thing, I mean why would you want to stay with someone if they weren't Ms Right ?

However she now tells me she’s pregnant and I accept I am probably the biological father.

Ok, if you both didn't agree to start a family, you both have choices, i.e. as cruel as it sounds, ask her to have an abortion as you didn't agree to have a child whilst in the brief relationship with her and, if she wishes to have the child then she should pay for the costs to raise the child as you didn't agree to have a child while in the brief relationship with her, so you won't be forced into the trap. Naturally you should pay for it because without your sperm she couldn't get pregnant and you have said that you have stated that you "accept that you are probably the biological father".

If she accepts having an abortion, learn to put a cap on it in future to save everybody the hassle of your selfishness, if you don't want to wear a cap and not get women pregnant, get out before you unload or if you don't want to have kids at all get a vasectomy, you will be amazed if you think with your brain instead of your pikatu.

Predictably she’s demanding huge sums of money since I’m a farang and trying to blackmail me.

So you will put your foot down and tell her that here is how it is going to pan out.

A) You will pay for the abortion and some compensation for her to recover from the procedure, let's agree to say 10,000 baht and before anyone here says abortions are illegal in Thailand, yes yes so is prostitution and corruption and of course she will know where to go to get the procedure carried out.

B) After explaining to her the above, A), You will then tell her that if she doesn't want to do A) then she can raise the child, "up to her" without you contributing to the child, remembering to emphasis that you didn't agree with her to have a child, so again, "up to her" mi pen rye as far as your concerned.

C) Once she has had the abortion, you will pay her the 10,000 baht, but not before she signs a letter stating that she acknowledges that whilst she was in the relationship with you that you never agree to or discussed having a baby with her and, that if she did get pregnant while in the relationship she does not hold you accountable and will not demand any money from you if she has a child, as you never agreed to have a baby with her. If she signs it, that is a contract, noting you cannot obtain a receipt for the abortion, so if she comes at you later saying she didn't get the abortion and wants to start again, you have the letter which is a contract and you can use it against her, naturally the date is of no concern, it just confirms what was agreed to in the relationship, no kids agreed to by you.

D) If she doesn't accept any of the above, you will simply tell her that you will disappear and the onus will be on her to raise the child that you didn't agree to raise together which will make her life difficult, "up to her"

I think that just about sums it up, last but not least, your actions in my opinion are up there with the irresponsible Thai males, so cap it from now on, or get out before you unload, or get a vasectomy, simple really and less complicated for all.

Good luck

Funny baby Bean GIF - Download & Share on PHONEKY

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

No, he is still potentially impregnating Females without concern, regardless of the results of this one  

Well, but ... the same goes for the woman who <deleted> around without worry and it doesn't matter if she gets pregnant or sick (AIDS, syphilis, ...) !!!! ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, snowgard said:

Well, but ... the same goes for the woman who <deleted> around without worry and it doesn't matter if she gets pregnant or sick (AIDS, syphilis, ...) !!!! ????

I expect Western males to act more responsibly than poorly educated, poor third world prostitutes 

Don’t do anything until the baby is born I would assume you would know roughly when you last planted your seed with her so work out the dates if longer than 9 months then it’s likely someone else’s child . When the Baby is Born insist that DNA samples are taken of the child and given to you so you can have yours and the babies independently done if it’s found that you are the father then be it on your conscience wether to give financial support or not that is your decision.

• Like 1