Would you be willing to enter under current requirements?

Willing to do current entry requirements?  

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I run an export company from the UK and my customers here are fast running out of stock. I have flights booked back to the UK in September and may have to consider the expense and rules on return here to Thailand. I wouldn't be looking forward to government quarantine but the cost isn't the main issue; its if they then change the rules and stop all non-Thai entries, or impose a requirement I can't meet.

• Like 2

I would, for sure. But, getting through the whole process does not seem to be all that easy at the moment, what with each embassy interpreting the flow of documents needing to be submitted differently, Ministries in Thailand not working with each other to avoid blocks, too few flights approved, lack of ASQ due to feet-dragging by whoever needs to select and approve more ASQ hotels etc. There can certainly not be a dearth of hotels who would jump at the chance to make some money.

One could conclude that the overall design of the plan to allow foreigners back needed a lot more mulling ,or perhaps there was too much of it. Question is. What will happen 1st---Sort out the hitches and get it running smoother, or take so long that all restrictions get lifted anyway.  

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

A small price? Between 100 000 to 150 000 bths just to return here?

i don't consider this like a small price at all, but you and me haven't probably

not the same wealth.

But, if you have a house / condo here and were stuck in some other place without your own accommodation, and no way of knowing when you could return to Thailand, then 100-150k may not be so bad a price to pay.  I am in Thailand, and have no intention of leaving until this whole business is done with, but if I had to, for some reason, I would pay that in order to get back to my home and family here.

• Like 1

No. I want to travel back to the US, for work and a family visit. But, a two week prison sentence at my cost is not worth it, upon return. And having to beg the consulate to let me return is not appealing either.

But, Thailand should open itself to anyone, from anywhere, if they are willing to deal with quarantine. To not do so is timid, insane, overly cautious and sadistic. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

But, Thailand should open itself to anyone, from anywhere, if they are willing to deal with quarantine. To not do so is timid, insane, overly cautious and sadistic. 

Where would all those people do the quarantine?

You should read the posts about the ones now with all the paperwork done for entering on a repatriation flight not being able to get a reservation at one of the ASQ"s.

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Since there are thousands of hotels struggling to survive now, many more could easily be converted into and approved as ASQ's.

They are about 40 of them now. The problem is the requirements to be designated as one are costly and difficult to meet for many hotels and etc.

17 hours ago, tgw said:

I would be willing to self-isolate at home, even wearing a locator bracelet for 2 weeks.

I feel the current regulations are too costly and too restrictive.

that would be great, if they can do it for prisoners...  why not for tourists, sorry, long stay tourists with family ...

• Like 1

As someone who has travelled back and forth twice a year or more in the last 5 years, a pattern of work followed by extended periods of rest etc with family here, this year has gone by basically. I would be loathe to give up another year, which would make my return to work problematic as well. I will probably extend my permission here by 12 months in January and go, flights permitting. If by the time I am ready to come back, maybe May/June, regular travel is still not available, then I would start to jump through the hoops unwillingly.

19 hours ago, moontang said:

And it is a big money-maker for some, complete with overcharging, kickbacks, and bad food.  That could give it a longer life.  

"Whether you are outside, considering a trip to LOS, or you are here, "and you would need to re-enter", are you "willing to comply" with the current requirements?"

Everything depends on the reason for the re-entry. You said it yourself, "and you would need to re-enter". If you need to re-enter, why ask if someone is "willing to comply"? The need will probably override the inconveniences during the quarantine, incl the cost. 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

A small price? Between 100 000 to 150 000 bths just to return here?

i don't consider this like a small price at all, but you and me haven't probably

not the same wealth.

It is a small price. Your sum includes Flight + Accommodation!

Even if the flight is in Business Class, 1500-2000 Euro for a one way is the same as I usually pay and 65,000 Baht for a 4*+ hotel translates to ~ 100 Euro per night plus some cost for medical and f&b. That's extremely moderate pricing.

• Haha 2