Would you be willing to enter under current requirements?

Willing to do current entry requirements?  

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am trying to get back to see my wife and son but, as I only get 3 weeks holiday from my company here in UK, to have to spend 2 weeks in quarantine, in an hotel 150kms away and not see them, is totally impraticable. What is the point of having to produce a C19 free certificate valid 72 hours before flying if you have to quarantine anyway? Totally absurd.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bill014 said:

What is the point of having to produce a C19 free certificate valid 72 hours before flying if you have to quarantine anyway? Totally absurd.

It's not absurd at all

you can still catch the virus in the 72 hours time between

your test and your flight, you don't stay in a sterile bubble during all this time

and in the flight you will be mixed in a confined space during hours

with Thai people who do not have to be tested prior, then some of them

are probably infected as showed by the cases emerging during the quarantine

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Thanks 1

When Thailand is home, you cant put a price on the return home to your house and family.

It's cost me with 10 large US to get home from Indonesia, as the embassy is not putting expats on the Repatriation flights at ALL and I will never go back. I'm half way through my ASQ and the food is great. 3 channels on tv, but this is easy. Get first free time tomorrow for 1hr outside...gives you something to look forward to. By the time I walk out I would have had 3 covid tests. Believe me looking at what happened in Australia regarding Hotels, Thailand are running this very seriously. I lost my job and was dumped in Jakarta on the 23rd June, and waited 9 weeks to get back with No TV. Could of gone to Australia, to return when....its closed.

9 weeks in Indo Hotels, Domestic flights, rapid test, covid test, food drinks. 70,000 baht +

Flight to KL 7500baht.

Private Jet from KL to BKK  200,000baht

ASQ 55,000 baht

Every man has his own reasons.

2 hours ago, bill014 said:

I am trying to get back to see my wife and son but, as I only get 3 weeks holiday from my company here in UK, to have to spend 2 weeks in quarantine, in an hotel 150kms away and not see them, is totally impraticable. What is the point of having to produce a C19 free certificate valid 72 hours before flying if you have to quarantine anyway? Totally absurd.

Yeah the pre flight tests seem pretty pointless as most people that have Covid seem to only be showing positive near the end of quarantine.

I left in early June to go to uk and won’t be thinking of getting on a plane back until I can basically get on it and off it like it did leaving . Certainly won’t be paying for some insurance policy , overpriced fortnight in a hotel owned by the high up gangs mates , overpriced flights and tests that are pretty pointless before my flight ! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BurriAussie said:

When Thailand is home, you cant put a price on the return home to your house and family.

It's cost me with 10 large US to get home from Indonesia, as the embassy is not putting expats on the Repatriation flights at ALL and I will never go back. I'm half way through my ASQ and the food is great. 3 channels on tv, but this is easy. Get first free time tomorrow for 1hr outside...gives you something to look forward to. By the time I walk out I would have had 3 covid tests. Believe me looking at what happened in Australia regarding Hotels, Thailand are running this very seriously. I lost my job and was dumped in Jakarta on the 23rd June, and waited 9 weeks to get back with No TV. Could of gone to Australia, to return when....its closed.

9 weeks in Indo Hotels, Domestic flights, rapid test, covid test, food drinks. 70,000 baht +

Flight to KL 7500baht.

Private Jet from KL to BKK  200,000baht

ASQ 55,000 baht

Every man has his own reasons.

Yours sounds very expensive.

22 hours ago, moontang said:

And it is a big money-maker for some, complete with overcharging, kickbacks, and bad food.  That could give it a longer life.  

trouble is that people cannot be trusted to do the right thing on their own as demonstrated in practically every country in the world, considering the lack of social responsibility shown in first world nations I'm surprised they're not putting up more hoops..  

Never ever.

For a  six year duration I used to fly in and out on a weekly basis due to business requirements overseas and me and my family stuck here now since middle of March.

We initially planned to leave LOS in June this year for good, before the Covid-19 Hoax came out.

I personally hate to stay in LOS permanently and I am waiting for the first regular flight available to my next destination.

After leaving I will not return to Thailand whatsoever, even not if would get paid for it.

Edited by 321 BOOM
wrong spelling
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sujo said:

But wouldnt it show up during quarantine and a test before freedom?

It makes no sense to test before and at the end. Only the end matters because positive or not, you are in quarantine.

You are right

my meaning was that the quarantine is useful

the test 72hrs before the flight is just one more loop

to discourage big numbers to come back.

They have a double bottleneck with flights and the ASQ,

the numbers of place are limited and it seems millions of thais

people were working abroad (6 months later they are far from having rapatriate all of them)

in fact the main international export from Thailand wasn't rice, but Thai masseuses

Edited by kingofthemountain

39 minutes ago, 321 BOOM said:

Never ever.

For a  six year duration I used to fly in and out on a weekly basis due to business requirements overseas and me and my family stuck here now since middle of March.

We initially planned to leave LOS in June this year for good, before the Covid-19 Hoax came out.

I personally hate to stay in LOS permanently and I am waiting for the first regular flight available to my next destination.

After leaving I will not return to Thailand whatsoever, even not if would get paid for it.

LOS has lost all its appeal for me well before all this Covid BS started. The only reason I have been in Thailand the past couple of years was to be with my Thai wife. We have now been separated 5 months which is really painful. After she finishes her university course next year, I will be bringing her back to Australia and saying goodbye to Thailand for good. Thailand has nothing more to offer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronaldo0 said:

Yeah the pre flight tests seem pretty pointless as most people that have Covid seem to only be showing positive near the end of quarantine.

I left in early June to go to uk and won’t be thinking of getting on a plane back until I can basically get on it and off it like it did leaving . Certainly won’t be paying for some insurance policy , overpriced fortnight in a hotel owned by the high up gangs mates , overpriced flights and tests that are pretty pointless before my flight ! 

Where did you get his information, shows positive at the end of Quarantine....Day 5 everyone does a test, if your positive your of to the hospital, hence that's what your insurance is for. And if you cant afford ASQ, one really needs to work out weather you can afford Thailand.

• Like 2

Of course, if I was inside The Kingdom instead of being locked out for 5 months running, I would say NO. So of course, since having been prevented from returning and away from family, house etc...I voted YES. 

No one in their right mind who is currently IN The Kingdom would vote YES. Nearly all who are locked out and away from their life, family, house, etc will vote YES. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:
4 hours ago, bill014 said:

What is the point of having to produce a C19 free certificate valid 72 hours before flying if you have to quarantine anyway? Totally absurd.

It's not absurd at all

you can still catch the virus in the 72 hours time between

your test and your flight, you don't stay in a sterile bubble during all this time

and in the flight you will be mixed in a confined space during hours

with Thai people who do not have to be tested prior, then some of them

are probably infected as showed by the cases emerging during the quarantine

Actually this is the reason it's absurd. Most people will be at the highest risk of transmission during the period they're travelling. 

• Like 1

i left for the USA earlier this week.  i don't plan to return under the current requirements. i don't have family in thailand.  i hope to return after songkran 2021 to renew my extension of stay and have less restrictive requirements for entry.  until then, i'll enjoy life in other areas that are less restrictive on entry.  i was hoping for hawaii for october through january but they just initiated a quarantine so wondering if i should do the quarantine there in order to stay four months. nothing is easy these days !!! 

Edited by buick

5 hours ago, BurriAussie said:

Where did you get his information, shows positive at the end of Quarantine....Day 5 everyone does a test, if your positive your of to the hospital, hence that's what your insurance is for. And if you cant afford ASQ, one really needs to work out weather you can afford Thailand.

Look up in Thai visa the days the ones in 14 day quarantine showed positive tests . Most were in last few days of quarantine.

Nothing to do with being able to afford ASQ cost , it’s all the other nonsense at my expense that goes with it  . Have spent millions of bht from living there and no wish to waste money on something I don’t see as life threateningly urgent . Obviously your minted and interested in others finances as you look down from your ivory tower though so good luck with that !

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Know not me said:

Does anyone have any idea what the  costs are for the additional $ 100,000 in medical insurance for a male over 70 years???? It would be good to put this calculation Into the mix to get the true cost of entering Thailand

15000 baht

1 hour ago, CANSIAM said:

Test negative prior to flight, test negative on arrival, quarantine at your own condo or rented, this should be considered for Non O yearly extension holders.

Nice idea but unfortunately it doesn't work well

the people in the building doesnt' want it

(It was in the news few weeks ago a diplomat in BKK being

refused the access to the condo for his quarantine)

plus you can be sure (At least here in Pattaya) some people will not respect the quarantine

and they will go for a walk on the beach or for a massage on day 1 or 2 of their stay

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Nice idea but unfortunately it doesn't work well

the people in the building doesnt' want it

(It was in the news few weeks ago a diplomat in BKK being

refused the access to the condo for his quarantine)

plus you can be sure (At least here in Pattaya) some people will not respect the quarantine

and they will go for a walk on the beach or for a massage on day 1 or 2 of their stay

they should consider it with a locator bracelet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tgw said:

they should consider it with a locator bracelet.

Thai governement doesn't want to bother with costly solutions

(Cost of the bracelet plus cost of the people in charge of the control)

as we can see they prefer put the cost on the foreigners and they are probably right

because it seems the candidates are actually fighting for the places in the planes

and in the ASQ, whatever the price of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Thai governement doesn't want to bother with costly solutions

(Cost of the bracelet plus cost of the people in charge of the control)

as we can see they prefer put the cost on the foreigners and they are probably right

because it seems the candidates are actually fighting for the places in the planes

and in the ASQ, whatever the price of it.

Its concerning on the repatriated flights back, the negative tested foreigner has a very good chance of obtaining the virus from the untested locals on the 8-12 hour flights, thus ASQ is the only way I guess....( Dirty Foreigners ) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, buick said:

i left for the USA earlier this week.  i don't plan to return under the current requirements. i don't have family in thailand.  i hope to return after songkran 2021 to renew my extension of stay and have less restrictive requirements for entry.  until then, i'll enjoy life in other areas that are less restrictive on entry.  i was hoping for hawaii for october through january but they just initiated a quarantine so wondering if i should do the quarantine there in order to stay four months. nothing is easy these days !!! 

Whats the cost in Hawaii for 4 months? not a bad idea for myself......

14 hours ago, SnipTheCat said:

I have just done it and made it back to Thailand... If I had to redo it I'm not sure I would have the energy anymore, so many things can go wrong, it's totally insane. I was caught in the process, then things got harder, but money had already been invested in the operation, and it kept getting worse... I feel it's almost a miracle I made it, but now looking back and knowing perfectly what stress, leap of faith and all the way it may fail, I have to vote No.
I won't consider getting out again unless I'm 100% sure I can go back in a "normal way". 

Congrats are your Gauntlet return......

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

But, Thailand should open itself to anyone, from anywhere, if they are willing to deal with quarantine. To not do so is timid, insane, overly cautious and sadistic. 

It is more about the numbers that they can control and handle else Covid would surely get in and into the public domain. In the early Covid days, flights arrived and people ignored requirements and wandered off to the bus stations to head to all points Baan Nok. In a way, these sadistic requirements are keeping people safe. 

• Like 1