Would you be willing to enter under current requirements?

Willing to do current entry requirements?  

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’m currently doing state quarantine.

I’m married to a Thai, the combined cost will vary compared to other peoples choices for example level of quality in the hotel, COVID insurance and flights.

is it worth it, for me YES.

10 hours ago, Know not me said:

Does anyone have any idea what the  costs are for the additional $ 100,000 in medical insurance for a male over 70 years???? It would be good to put this calculation Into the mix to get the true cost of entering Thailand

Surely you should be asking insurance companies, don’t ask that question on an Internet forum.

we all have different circumstances, mine was 14kthb. But i have a separate company health insurance and I’m 50. 

I've been here since September last year since my last overseas trip. I have been awarded jobs overseas covering several months and had to turn them all down as the current regulations mean there is no certainty on when I might be able to return to my family in Thailand, and getting dumped in limbo outside Thailand indefinitely could be more costly than losing the work. Staying put here until the regulations change.

I will jump sideways to a close country and wait it out. Makes no sense to go back to the UK. The doom Sayers will not see an end in sight but there is an end and it's not going to take until years end for things to normalise, at least regionally. Makes more sense to test run the borders with neighbouring countries first so with a bit of luck that logic will prevail. Had to join a lot of other groups to get insight on where to fly as no one seems to know here. I'm thinking a month in Malaysia but we still have time to see things unfold. Amnesty still could be extended.

No.

I'm in Thailand now with a permission to stay until mid 2021, but if I were to need to return to my home country for some reason, I would not return to Thailand until there was a vaccine and there was no need for COE, 72-hour test result and quarantine. 

If all was needed was proof of vaccination, I would return.

• Like 1

I made the mistake of coming to UK last month, expecting restrictions to be ended soon.  Now it seems that I could be stuck here until after Christmas.  At least I have my own place in UK so no hotel bills.

Why cannot the Thai government adopt the procedures that the UK has;  Give details of your self quarantine before you arrive, and you have to stay there in isolation for 14 days.  But Thailand has always to make things difficult for foreigners.

I should have known better than to expect Thailand to adopt aa sensible pragmatic approach.

• Like 2

Seeing as I can't get out of my own country I'm not really fazed one way or the other, this little effort will take some sorting out, so better wait than sorry, however I can't see myself getting about Thai surrounded by thousands of Chinese either.

1 hour ago, Robin said:

I made the mistake of coming to UK last month, expecting restrictions to be ended soon.  Now it seems that I could be stuck here until after Christmas.  At least I have my own place in UK so no hotel bills.

Why cannot the Thai government adopt the procedures that the UK has;  Give details of your self quarantine before you arrive, and you have to stay there in isolation for 14 days.  But Thailand has always to make things difficult for foreigners.

I should have known better than to expect Thailand to adopt aa sensible pragmatic approach.

I think the answer might well be that testing for Covid-19 in the provinces particularly away from Bangkok is not possible. Its only recently that ASQs in Buriram, 1 hotel, and Phuket, 3 hotels, have been added. I suspect point 6 has been a difficult criteria for these hotels to fulfill. Btw why Buriram ? Can I suggest its to do with the Bhumjaithai Party and who the de-facto leader is and who the current leader is. 

The nature of Alternative State Quarantine must consist of 6 main components:

• Section 1 Building Structure, Security Engineering and Information Communication System
  • Section 2 Personnel (must be trained before performing work)
  • Section 3 Supplies, office equipment and others
  • Section 4 Medicines, Medical Supplies and Personal Protective Equipment
  • Chapter 5 Environmental Management And friendly to the community
  • Chapter 6 Hospital Partners, Joint Operations and Additional Convenience

2 hours ago, Robin said:

There was that option in March of this year but lots of people just ignored the rules and carry life on as normal similar to this guy in the UK

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=57252&headline=Man broke quarantine and went to the pub&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2020

And the same quarantine rules apply to Thai nationals so its not the case that they are making things diffcult for foreigners

Edited by vinny41
additional info
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Know not me said:

Does anyone have any idea what the  costs are for the additional $ 100,000 in medical insurance for a male over 70 years???? It would be good to put this calculation Into the mix to get the true cost of entering Thailand

The question is if there is any insurance company that accepts a 70 yo applicant.

I’m a bit more than half your age and thankfully enrolled in Bupa Platinum 6+ years ago. Their 5 Mio policy covers Covid too which they confirmed to me in writing for immigration purposes worldwide.

In your case (and most people over 50/55) it might depend on a physical evaluation by a physician approved by the insurance company.

After spending millions on my home here I’m not about to (voluntarily) leave the country then stand on my head and jump through hoops while coughing up more dough to sit in a dump hotel with crappy food for two weeks in order to get back home.  I’ll stay right where I am...for now!

On 8/12/2020 at 5:22 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

But I think the requirements are too steep for me and it seems like negotiating your way through a minefield to get the tests/flights/insurance and ASQ all aligned .

Fyi.  This is exactly why international tourism is flat doomed for the foreseeable future. 
The officialdom in places like Krabi and Phi Phi Islands as well as any other tourist destinations geared toward foreign, international travellers simply are not in touch with reality. 

"We're ready for international tourist to return!!!"
But sorry Sunee and Somchai.  Ain't nobody coming other than a class of the wealthy who can probably 'buy' their way around those pesky regulations.  Regular tourists?   They aren't coming here with the current gauntlet of regulations in place. 
They are show-stoppers. I'm afraid you all be be out of business before that particular conundrum is resolved.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

The doom Sayers will not see an end in sight but there is an end and it's not going to take until years end for things to normalise, at least regionally.

It seems that Asian countries will be buying the new Russian Covid vaccine.  Will Thailand?  We'll see.  The change will probably come in the form of a vaccination and a "immunity passport".  I will not be surprised if the US doesn't start sanctioning countries that enter into a purchase agreements for the Russian vaccine, so actually things could get a lot crazier.  But the key to the end to this bureaucratic nightmare will be a mandatory vaccine prior to entering the country.  And I expect it will look like Black Friday at Walmart when the vaccines become available.

• Like 1

77% NO so far - I wonder how many of those respondents are actually stuck outside Thailand. Should have another poll and just ask those of us who are stranded if we would jump through the hoops. Could be 77% YES.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 12:04 PM, Max69xl said:

"Whether you are outside, considering a trip to LOS, or you are here, "and you would need to re-enter", are you "willing to comply" with the current requirements?"

Everything depends on the reason for the re-entry. You said it yourself, "and you would need to re-enter". If you need to re-enter, why ask if someone is "willing to comply"? The need will probably override the inconveniences during the quarantine, incl the cost. 

170 people answered the question without difficulty.  Perhaps, a look in the mirror?  50 million Brits "need" to see a dentist, but they don't.

Edited by moontang

3 hours ago, jonclark said:

Please note, that you are not allowed alcohol while in ASQ, to prevent the inmates,sorry customers from getting rowdy. So don't buy any duty free as it will be confiscated when your luggage is checked at check in to ASQ. 

I would be willing to bet the nurses with "short hair" will be there to poop on any partying, too.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jonclark said:

Please note, that you are not allowed alcohol while in ASQ, to prevent the inmates,sorry customers from getting rowdy. So don't buy any duty free as it will be confiscated when your luggage is checked at check in to ASQ. 

At the moment 21 Thai visa members triying to change their

vote from an enthousiast ''YES'' to a definitive ''NO''

• Haha 1