Patong to host big bike event

snoop1130

Patong to host big bike event

By The Phuket News

1597223808_1-org.jpg

The ’Bike Night’ will be held along Bangla Rd, Patong, from tomorrow through Saturday night (Aug 13-15). Photo: Patong Municipality

PHUKET:-- Some 600 bikers from around the country are expected to roll into Patong for its  ‘Bike Night’ event, which will be held over three days, starting tomorrow (Aug 13).

The news was announced by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew at a press conference held on Bangla Rd late yesterday afternoon (Aug 11).

Present for the announcement were Patong Mayor Chalermluck Kebsup and Patong Entertainment Business Association (PEBA) President Weerawit Kreuasombat.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-to-host-big-bike-event-76989.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-08-12

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Titan1962 said:

Never knew anything about it,and they want tourists to come. They need to do a bit better at advertising,maybe do special deals with hotels. But plan ahead and let people know about 2 to 4 weeks in advance. I am all for trying to help out phuket and the people living there. So get some more events planned and advertise it well ahead of time. 

Are you applying for an opening as a Phuket tourism marketing consultant?

13 hours ago, Titan1962 said:

Never knew anything about it,and they want tourists to come. They need to do a bit better at advertising,maybe do special deals with hotels. But plan ahead and let people know about 2 to 4 weeks in advance. I am all for trying to help out phuket and the people living there. So get some more events planned and advertise it well ahead of time. 

bikers all know about it and yes , hotels/resorts are offering great discounts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zzzzz said:

Not all. I didn't know it. But never mind. Will drive down the hill with my wave and check what's up.

Guess it will be tired like the last bike weeks. The last time it was good was with Karabao on stage and that was in 2010.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, schlog said:

Not all. I didn't know it. But never mind. Will drive down the hill with my wave and check what's up.

Guess it will be tired like the last bike weeks. The last time it was good was with Karabao on stage and that was in 2010.

At the last Bike Week I attended in Patong, the media reported that hundreds of big bikes would be coming from all over the country. Well, there were a few big "show bikes" on display, but otherwise is was nothing but Honda Waves as far as the eye could see.

On 8/13/2020 at 8:42 AM, zzzzz said:

Well that’s good to know,the reason I quoted here was I have not seen anything on the event.Well hopefully they get plenty of people down there as every little bit will help. Hope the rain stays away and it’s a success.