Appointment needed to renew DL at Bangkok DLT?

JTXR

First up the couple of weeks required for issue of residence certificate from MTT is now only couple of days including mail time.

Now to the point....I need to make appointment for DL. The queue app does not seem to be working.

So do you need to visit a DLT to make appointment? Not sure how long RC is valid for. My impression is a month so need make appointment asap or use agent.

Any ideas appreciated.

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

First up the couple of weeks required for issue of residence certificate from MTT is now only couple of days including mail time.

Now to the point....I need to make appointment for DL. The queue app does not seem to be working.

So do you need to visit a DLT to make appointment? Not sure how long RC is valid for. My impression is a month so need make appointment asap or use agent.

Any ideas appreciated.

When I tried to book (maybe back in September) the queue was months. Went down to the office on (I think Friday) and they told me to come back Monday.

Do you have a pink ID & yellow book? If so, take that with you to make the appointment and ask them if you still need the C of R. I did not.

Edited by Yellowtail
ww

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

When I tried to book (maybe back in September) the queue was months. Went down to the office on (I think Friday) and they told me to come back Monday.

Do you have a pink ID & yellow book? If so, take that with you to make the appointment and ask them if you still need the C of R. I did not.

Thanks yet again yellowtail...

I ended going with an agent. It's going to cost me 1900baht for something anyone could easily do, however they were able to fascinate the process for Thursday of next week so in my mind comfortable with that.

I don't have yellow book or pink ID. The pink card seems to have some value. Might look into that as my next major project. Ha.

I went to DLT at Mor Chit today with the intention of booking an appointment to get my new 5yr driving license.

Here's how I got on.

I arrived early, 7am, because there's a limit of 50 foreigners per day. There's a tent area with seats outside. Everyone (Including Thais) has to wait there until you are called to show your paperwork to an officer (No medical needed when changing 5yr to 5yr) and then you're given a number. We were then sent to the 2nd floor where they check your passport number and staple your old driving license to the wad of papers. Go on up to the 3rd floor where the physical testing is done (Colour blindness, Braking, Depth of field, and peripheral vision. Then off to the 4th floor for the 1 hour video.

Back down to the 2nd floor, pay 550 baht and collect license. All finished by 10.15am.

So, a very pleasant surprise. Everything was done very efficiently.

• Like 1