Husband and wife no longer allowed to share ASQ room

4 minutes ago, SteveK said:

So if I can't have my wife in the room, will the hotel provide a suitable replacement?

I'd assume they will probably tell you to re-book for a 2-room suite if available or add a separate room to your existing booking  at an additional charge.

Edited by unheard
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

It is a single room charge that includes medical tests/supervision for one person so seems logical that there would at least be an additional charge if not a requirement to book two rooms.  

Every hotel has been charging extra for a spouse in the same room.

This new rule if confirmed, won't allow a married couple to stay in a single room regardless of extra charges.

The only option would be the 2-room suites or separate single rooms.

Edited by unheard
  • Like 1

The announcement has been removed.

It appears to be a false alert.

From what I've seen so far, generally speaking, most ASQ hotels do allow married couples to stay in the same room.

What differs is the policy regarding the child allowance.

At least one hotel seems to be allowing the whole family to stay in a single room, while the others (normally the case) will only let a family of 3 to stay in a 2-room suite  or will offer to book two separate rooms.

• Sad 1

This never made much sense to me. Married or not, the sole point of quarantine is to be isolated from anyone else.

I have friends who have been repatriated by their company to China and are currently quarantined in Tianjin. Absolutely no room sharing no matter if it's your partner, wife, brother or siamese twin (chainsaw provided in the latter case). ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

I think this makes sense... covid doesnt care your husband or wife, right?!

Guess for those that have been having less than an intimate relationship there could be a case made.  Perhaps like in the Philippines where only one person can ride motorcycle unless they carry proof of marriage and have a physical barrier between them.  ????

image.jpeg.17a1a42e69e5f06c1f3b1e5003dfcb94.jpeg

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Guess for those that have been having less than an intimate relationship there could be a case made.  Perhaps like in the Philippines where only one person can ride motorcycle unless they carry proof of marriage and have a physical barrier between them.  ????

image.jpeg.17a1a42e69e5f06c1f3b1e5003dfcb94.jpeg

use hand 14 days. lol

12 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

This never made much sense to me. Married or not, the sole point of quarantine is to be isolated from anyone else.

I have friends who have been repatriated by their company to China and are currently quarantined in Tianjin. Absolutely no room sharing no matter if it's your partner, wife, brother or siamese twin (chainsaw provided in the latter case). ????

The point of quarantine is actually to isolate travelers from the general population until proven non-infectious. When Vietnam instituted mandatory quarantine in March, they set up bunks in abandoned army camps and housed 4-6 people in each room, with no restrictions on mixing with people from the same cohort in other rooms. And when Thailand began its state quarantine, also using military facilities, they housed people (strangers, not spouses) two to a room. The goal is to protect the population as a whole, not the travelers themselves.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

How many couple stuck out of Thailand. Normaly farang stucked out and wife waiting here!

Who is so idiot in other case that come Thailand whit wife!If you are consulate staff you have different rules anyway!

Umm I just had a friend with his Thai wife come together from Vietnam and they are just finishing their ASQ. They were living together and working in Vietnam.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

But they already live together when abroad. This is unnecessarily strict.

• Like 2

The problem that keeps arising is that the Thai partner joins them in the room but insists on popping out to "buy things" which of course makes the whole thing useless.

I lnow of two guys that did just the above & only when I asked about did the penny drop.

But the partners did not get challenged which surprises me

• Confused 1

Another thing. Everyone tells you that IF you travel ( anywhere) it’s best to book Free Cancellation rooms. Ok, so I tried my favorite hotels. For example , a hotel that has a room without free cancellation, is 100€, then , when you switch to option  with  Free cancellation, that same room is 200€. One hotel which I was interested in , my 7 nights at 700€ jumped to 1450 € !!! I’m obviously not booking anything at the moment as I don’t plan to travel far until December, and maybe even not then depending on restrictions. Also, promotions often do not include free cancellation ! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, unheard said:

Every hotel has been charging extra for a spouse in the same room.

This new rule if confirmed, won't allow a married couple to stay in a single room regardless of extra charges.

The only option would be the 2-room suites or separate single rooms.

Is this a government decree or is it a few posters experience on Facebook?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

The problem that keeps arising is that the Thai partner joins them in the room but insists on popping out to "buy things" which of course makes the whole thing useless.

I lnow of two guys that did just the above & only when I asked about did the penny drop.

But the partners did not get challenged which surprises me

In ASQ? How could they do this? They are in monitored quarantine. Impossible.

• Like 2