Thailand not open until next year

Clive

I can't read that article. 

A relation of mine would like to visit Bangkok at the end of March 2021.

What is the position likely to be? Is it best to say 100% unknown 

At the moment is entry impossible or impractical. I said I though you'd need a good reason, current covid test, right insurance & 2 weeks stay in state quarantine. Is that right enough?

Many thanks

BTW There are many great covid tests being developed including 10 minute saliva based one using a gadget like a pregnancy tester (i.e. could be sent anywhere), swabs taking needing a machine that takes 30 minutes, serology tests and many others but how 40 million visitors pa might be tested boggles the mind unless the internal testing regimes here are vamped right up. One company has mini machines being trialled in nursing homes & for like, schools or boarding schools. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

What does that article say ?  (subscribers only)

or an equivalent article link that everyone could read ?

Thanks

It is just a copy of the story posted here:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1176983-tat-deputy-governor-dashes-hopes-of-2020-reopening-for-thailand%E2%80%99s-international-borders/?tab=comments#comment-15699618

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PatrickC said:

Predictable and to be expected.

It has become very obvious that no tourists will be let into Thailand this year and probably not in Q1 of next year either. Q2 earliest

I think it will be January next year just in time for Chinese New Year tourists. They wouldn't want to miss that.

All other tourists are insignificant in numbers compared to the Chinese.

Anyway, Russia has already announced a vaccine.

Edited by warcy
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Oldie said:

What a useless posting or even advertisement. I need to create a user to read the article the OP is talking about. Should be removed by the moderators. 

Don't see why! I read it and I don't have a Telegraph account.

Try here https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/thailand-no-tourists-until-2021/

Edited by VBF

17 minutes ago, VBF said:

Don't see why! I read it and I don't have a Telegraph account.

Try here https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/thailand-no-tourists-until-2021/

The original posted link requires a user. Does not really change anything that you post a different link here and saying that I am too stupid to read it. 

15972506449380.jpg

Edited by Oldie

9 hours ago, Oldie said:

The original posted link requires a user. Does not really change anything that you post a different link here and saying that I am too stupid to read it. 

15972506449380.jpg

That was my point - OP did NOT need a user and still doesn't - I merely posted the direct link to which it opened to ASSIST you.

And....... you're welcome!

Crunch time will be the end of October/early November - the start of the high season.  The government will still be between a rock and a hard place.  Open the borders with access not requiring 14 days quarantine which will obviously boost the arrival of foreign holiday makers, or maintain the "safety first" scenario with the banning of international arrivals, which would appear to be one of the main reasons that the pandemic seems to be under control.  A difficult no-win situation for the authorities.    

Edited by phetchy
  • Like 1