Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Plan unveiled for Bt31.9bn Ayutthaya rail hub

Recommended Posts

Plan unveiled for Bt31.9bn Ayutthaya rail hub

By The Nation

 

800_d1cbd07914278fb.jpg?v=1597147118

Photo Credit: Railway Channel TH

 

Public-private partnerships will invest Bt31.9 billion to develop Ayutthaya as a national high-speed rail hub, according to the Office of Transport and Traffic Policy and Planning.

 

The Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) project will be constructed around Ayutthaya railway station to promote the province as an international destination for culture and history. The TOD is expected to connect with high-speed train lines linking Bangkok with the North and with Nakhon Ratchasima in the Northeast.

 

Roengsak Thongsom, director of the office's Bureau of Transport and Traffic System Development, said Ayutthaya is one of three cities chosen for the TOD project.

 

The projects would boost development of the cities and their provinces, he said.

 

"This project will help [Ayutthaya] province develop its full potential with a variety of transport systems, green spaces, sidewalks and cycling routes."

 

Construction of Ayutthaya station's TOD project is divided into four phases – immediate (2021-2022), short-term (2023-2027), medium-term (2028-2032) and long-term (2033-2037).

 

It will consist of five zones:

 

1. Double-track and high-speed railway station, including station buildings, offices, and staff accommodation.

 

2. Commercial zone, including buildings not more than 30 metres high, such as shopping centres, offices, hotels, convention centres and condominiums to support trading and services along Rojana Road.

 

3. Mixed-use tourism zone, including shopping centres, high street retail, offices, hotels and rented apartments to support tourists and business travellers.

 

4. Mixed-use living zone of middle- and high-level condominiums and shopping centres to support growth of communities.

 

5. Residential zone for long-term residents, both local and foreign.

 

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392821

 

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-13
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, webfact said:

Plan unveiled for Bt31.9bn Ayutthaya rail hub

Well, the 'hub' concept has been sorely missed for a while. Now it's back: Ayutthaya the rail hub of Thailand.

I just hope the rail wheel hubs don't come apart.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done again Khun Prayut Chan O Cha. More infrastructure being implemented to create jobs  jobs  jobs.

Long term says 2037 ....  I think it needs more urgent attention than that, lets try for a short term completion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Well done again Khun Prayut Chan O Cha. More infrastructure being implemented to create jobs  jobs  jobs.

Long term says 2037 ....  I think it needs more urgent attention than that, lets try for a short term completion

'create jobs  jobs  jobs'  Now I'm sure you don't really mean it's going to be a government initiative to encourage over-staffing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The long term amused me...2033--2037....the "start" is 13 years away.....it will all be outdated by then.

I guess it's all part of Prayuth' 20 year plan.....property, infrastructure and money.......(for the family)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steven100 said:

Well done again Khun Prayut Chan O Cha. More infrastructure being implemented to create jobs  jobs  jobs.

Long term says 2037 ....  I think it needs more urgent attention than that, lets try for a short term completion

Don't make me laugh too much this early in the morning; just more pie in the sky for the dreamers...and there are plenty of them !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

'create jobs  jobs  jobs'  Now I'm sure you don't really mean it's going to be a government initiative to encourage over-staffing.

Dont think they need to create anymore. In Bangkok you can find disused level crossings being staffed by SRT. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Step 1: spend a billion dollars on a high speed rail hub

 

Step 2: build a high speed rail system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have seen the drawings of the proposed new station at Ayutthaya. It is an abomination. 

One of the charms of travelling by rail in Thailand is the beautiful, historic architecture, with manicured plants, with each station being a reflection of the station master's pride.

The new buildings proposed are sterile and lack character. .. save for the pseudo-classic outdoor lines of the roof. The interiors may as well be a wing of Suvarnabhumi airport. Boring. No doubt someone's mate has curried favour with "the powers" to get this job.

It is disgraceful. and shows a total disconnect with what tourists enjoy about provincial Thailand.

"Disconnect" .. "ignorance" .. or just indifference.

They could save heaps and give a much better impression by simply investing in modern rest-room facilities. 

Edited by TechnikaIII
Typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thailand doesn’t need high speed rail 😂 it’s a waste of money.  There are so many issues-flood and drought zones, air pollution...

 

This area is a huge flood zone as well 🙄

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TechnikaIII said:

I have seen the drawings of the proposed new station at Ayutthaya. It is an abomination. 

One of the charms of travelling by rail in Thailand is the beautiful, historic architecture, with manicured plants, with each station being a reflection of the station master's pride.

The new buildings proposed are sterile and lack character. .. save for the pseudo-classic outdoor lines of the roof. The interiors may as well be a wing of Suvarnabhumi airport. Boring. No doubt someone's mate has curried favour with "the powers" to get this job.

It is disgraceful. and shows a total disconnect with what tourists enjoy about provincial Thailand.

"Disconnect" .. "ignorance" .. or just indifference.

They could save heaps and give a much better impression by simply investing in modern rest-room facilities. 

Somebody who was the Brother of someone's Daughter's Husband's Third Cousin related to someone else 'important' drew those drawings and was no doubt paid huge amounts of Baht to do so !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also have loads of plans and no money 🤔

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...