BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
kevin44

Stopping Smoking With Quomem

I tried to stop smoking with Quomem. The first week wasn't that bad, I reduced to 5 cigs/day. The 2.nd week I started to feel dizzy and got headaches, all accompanied with a nervous feeling and ending up in a panic attack. So far my experience...I would say, that this antidepressant causes more depression side effects than it helps :D btw its distributed only in the following countries: Luxembourg, Spain, Thailand.

I would say that says all. Be careful on self medication :)

Hi, This is the 2nd time I write something on this forum. 7 months ago and today.

Seven months ago, on January 1st, I bought a box of Quomen and decided at 52, it was high time to stop smoking a packet of cigarettes a day....

There were some side-effects, I won't deny it..., sleepless nights...., some nausea,....of course, it wasn't easy. But as the 1st box was almost empty, I realized my desire to smoke was less strenuous as before and that cigarettes tasted horrible...

Today, 7 months later, I haven't smoked one cigarette since January 25th. I can't believe it. Quomen really worked for me. It wasn't my 1st attempt, I think I had tried everything I could in Europe.

It's not perfect, I sometimes feel like smoking one, but I won't give up. I just breathe long and deep for 1 minute. I started doing this when I started to quit: long, deep breaths for 1 minute. I have coughed a lot in the following months, I gained a few kilos but I DON'T SMOKE anymore.

So if you really want it, give Quomen a try!

A French guy in Thailand

Today is 7 months I quit smoking.

After a few months still with the daily need of a cigarette, now I can tell you I don't have this feeling anymore.

And still half box of Quomen, if somebody want, for free.

Today is 7 months I quit smoking.

After a few months still with the daily need of a cigarette, now I can tell you I don't have this feeling anymore.

And still half box of Quomen, if somebody want, for free.

Good to hear I am not the only one who made it with Quomen. One question: did you have a problem with coughing after quitting smoking? I know many will tell me to have an X Ray of my lungs now to see their general outlook but I am SO SCARED................

After quit smoking I had a cough problem for the first 3/4 months, slowly disappeared. After 7 months (yesterday!) I start to feel the benefits, better breath, more sense of taste and smell. And I don't think about cigarettes anymore.

Thank you all for posting and sharing information here.

Over the last few years I've had a war with myself and the smokes, resulting in many cold-turky attempts

20 years ago I had a 3 year break from the ciggs, by doing self-motivation and cold turkey. Two years ago, I did a 3 month break by doing the same.

After starting up smoking again (cause it smelled good when a mate came by), it was very hard to do the cold-tyrkey again. Many times felt I needed help from other than myself. By search, I ended up reading this forum, and got the tip about Quomem in this thread, and in another thread, the book 'Easy way to stop smoking' by Allen Carr.

Taking Quomem, and having the book read to me by the computer, I managed to quit, and it wasn't even hard. Weird.

The Quomem somehow made me stronger than the nicotine, and it was not all that hard to kick it. I had to use Quomem for about 3 months, unlike what some of you say here.

4 months now without the smokes, and I love it. Believe the book will make it much easier to stay off this time, as I've learned to think differently about those who smokes.

Currently have a war with myself and the bulge. Some t-shirts are a bit tight, and the shorts a bit harder to do up. Guess the floods and wet surroudings doesn't really help.

Bet on hope that the will to do exercise come by soon... hehe.. so very happy about being smoke-free though... had to sign up here just to thank you all.

Welcome in the club!!

18th December will be my first no smoking year!!

Well done to those of you that have manged to quit.

After taking Quomen for three days I noticed chest palpitations.

I went to my doc who told me not to increase the dose just yet, but the palpitations have not gone away so I have stopped taking them altogether.

Also my BP has increased.

Anyone else have problems such as this.?

My "stop smoking" date of 1st of January looks doubtful now as I had no luck with Champix either, the side effects were so appalling I had to desist. :(

Sorry to hear that. During my therapy with Quomen I felt nothing else than nausea and feeling of sleep and light irritability.

But I didn't have in my life any cardiac or pressure problems.

Hi,

Just started with Quomem and on my second day. Side effects i'm getting are feeling a bit trippy after I ate first meal, I think it says something about that in the instructions. Mostly the feeling is not unpleasant just sort of dopey staring off into space kind of thing. Yesterday 1st day, I had two ciggies in the morning, none during the day then cracked during my first beer about 9.30pm and smoked about 5, that is way under normal, so i'm happy, today so far none smoked although the thought of smoking keeps popping into my head and I found my arm moving towards the cigarette packet on it's own, quite bizarre, so now I have put all smokes out of sight. Slight dry mouth also, sorry I am writing the feelings as I am getting them. So so far for me nothing to complain about except the price lol!

mozzi

Edited by mozzi

Quomen works...i was a 15 plus cigarettes per day for over 20 years smoker.... I used Quomen no side effects..only all the horrible feeling in your body and mind from the adjustment from no chemicals/nicotine entering your body from your cig fix..

It was hard and to this day i always say it was the hardest thing i have ever had to do in my adult life....

it is good to see another poster on here known as angiud say he is still a none smoker as we exchanged alot of messages as i was few weeks ahead of him when we quit using quomen and i was actively typing in this forum..we do not know each other but here we are 2 people who used half a box 1500baht to quit smoking with no side effects..... it works really works....

if you are searching google for help when stopped smoking like i did..no doubt you will be reading my replies on peoples blogs etc.because i suddenly realise i typed those word over 2 years ago.... because after 2 years from quitting i still search stop smoking on google when i have the feeling i want a cigarette (this is not an urge to smoke and it is very controllable..i can laugh in the face of the nicotine demon) but it still comes now and again...which is why i guess i have found myself typing this ...2 years after i quit...

only yesterday i laughed to myself that if i was still a smoker..i would have gone outside in the rain to have the pleasant feeling of hiding from the rain whilst blowing smoke and deep thinking..but the deep thinking part is <deleted>...you are not deep thinking when smoking...its just an amazing illusion created by the smoking effect,,,,once you quit you will understand..

one last word of advice for want to be quitters...use Quomen and search on you tube for EFT techniques for quitting this self help works...drink lots of water, eat lots of fresh vegetables and fruit and if you cannot beat smoking ....go for a shower when the urge comes as the urge is only 3 minutes long and you cannot smoke in the shower....

it aint easy...but its bloody enjoyable beating the smoking devil.... food and beer tastes so much better the taste buds come alive after about 4 weeks from not smoking..i can remember the taste of a cold beer and thinking bloody hell this tastes crisp and clean...its never tasted like that before...of course it always tastes like that now....

ride the waves of the urge out in the shower..thats what i did...i imagined the waves of the urge as the sea and i was a surfer and for them to come and smash me...i surfed them all out...none of them smashed me into smoking.......

hope this helps....

i am a smoker...but i choose not to smoke at this moment and the feeling is not a command i am choosing not to smoke now...!

Edited by sanook2me
  • Like 1

I know what works with some people won't work with others. But It's been a year and a half since I haven't smoked a cigarette. I tried several times with different methods, including acupuncture, Zyban,ettc... but I only made it with Quomen which I bought in a pharmacy near Silom. I followed the indications on the leaflet, removed all the ashtrays from my house, threw the lighters away, washed the ashtray in the car and bought new sitcovers. In a way, I tried to remove everything that could remind me of that habit I had had since I was 18. I was 50 then.

No side effects, no nausea, no dizziness, a little bit of insomnia but I watched some old movies, no influence on my mood. The only drawback, a gain of weight around my waist which I can't lose. I got 7 kgs in 2 weeks...and I caughed for a while then it stopped after a few weeks.

So if you are ready, give Quomen a try and maybe it'll work with you.

PS If anyone can suggest me how to lose those extra kgs around my waist.... there's a gym near where I live but I really don't know what workouts to do and what food I should eat or avoid. If anyone can help me?.... Thanks

• Like 1

Apologies for resurrecting this very old thread.

I am on my first week with Quomen, prescribed by my doc to quit the coffin nails. 9 week course, 1 a day for 3 days, 2 a day from then on. I am mostly encouraged by posters' experiences in the thread.

Wish me luck. I will update on progress - unless I drop dead.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

I am now 16 days into my course of Quomen, 9 of them smoke free. I do not get so much craving for a cig and when I do it passes quickly. I would have to reccommend Quomen so far. More updates later.

Edited by champers