Marriage Extension - Please help

Current situation - Non O visa, already done 60 day extension at CW, permission to stay stamped 15 Aug 2020. Wanting to apply for 12 month extension to stay based on marriage, have had 400K in bank for just over two months.

Am I covered by the amnesty which runs until 26 Sept? If so, can I still expect any problems?

Can someone point me to the current requirements for CW i.e. are statements from people who know us (me/wife) still required.

TIA

You will be under the amnesty when your 60 day extension ends. But some immigration offices may not accept your application for a one year extension if on the amnesty.

If possible I suggest you try do the extension as soon as possible. Since the 15th is a Sunday you could do it on Monday without being late.

Chaeng Wattana does not require any witness statements when you apply for the extension. They will do a home visit during the under consideration period.

Here is my general list of required documents and etc. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

CW will want copies of your bank book updated on the day you apply. They also prefer the letter from the bank be done the same day but will accept one from the day before.

You should be submitting your 1 year extension application based on marriage before your 60 day extension expires. (15th is Saturday). Your wife must attend with yourself.

Edited by Tanoshi

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will be under the amnesty when your 60 day extension ends. But some immigration offices may not accept your application for a one year extension if on the amnesty.

If possible I suggest you try do the extension as soon as possible. Since the 15th is a Sunday you could do it on Monday without being late.

Chaeng Wattana does not require any witness statements when you apply for the extension. They will do a home visit during the under consideration period.

Here is my general list of required documents and etc. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

CW will want copies of your bank book updated on the day you apply. They also prefer the letter from the bank be done the same day but will accept one from the day before.

For an extension to stay based on marriage, should the 400K in bank have been transferred from abroad? Or is 400k deposited locally acceptable at CW?

4 minutes ago, tubby johnson said:

For an extension to stay based on marriage, should the 400K in bank have been transferred from abroad? Or is 400k deposited locally acceptable at CW?

There is no requirement to prove the 400k baht came from abroad.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I followed UJ's list for my submission at CW this week the only other item they requested not on the list was every page of my bank book to be photo copied which i did whilst there. I brought no witnesses just my wife and myself in attendance, it was my first submission for a non imm O. They said i will get a home visit and they may talk with the juristic as witness. We are now awaiting their call to arrange the home visit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With the 'valid' permission to stay from your 60-day extension expiring tomorrow 15-08, you should definitely apply TODAY for your 1-year extension of stay.  In case of an incomplete application you can then still get hold of the missing documents and do the application same day or ultimately on monday 17-08 (because Immigration is closed on saturday 15-08 when your permission to stay expires).

On 8/13/2020 at 10:04 AM, Tanoshi said:

You should be submitting your 1 year extension application based on marriage before your 60 day extension expires. (15th is Saturday). Your wife must attend with yourself.

Yup. It's obvious to me now although my local IO, after first sucking teeth and saying cannot, then said may be, but put up money hurdles for me to jump when I enquired the day before my 60 day extension from my 90 days on non O multi by marriage expired what I could do, even less encouraging  when I went in 10 days later with some additional paperwork. What they didn't actually say was that I had missed the deadline and the amnesty didn't change that ( when I had thought it did) so nor would my efforts to satisfy them on income method.

It seems to me that what we and local IOs now know isn't what we all thought we knew back at the beginning of June. The irony is that I never wanted to stay right to the end of the 60 day extension and beyond. Only Covid and travel restrictions caused that. 

I'm leaving in 10 days now with my wife for France. Just hope no problems as I do. No idea of course when I'll / we will be back, still because of Covid and travel restrictions inward to Thailand if not so much outward at the moment. Pre. Covid I had  planned a departure with wife back in May, and a return in early November on a new Savanakhet non O multi based on marriage. Wonder if those will ever be available again?

Edited by Kalasin Jo
Added text

3 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

I'm leaving in 10 days now. Just hope no problems as I do. No idea of course when I'll be back.

In case your flight is postponed/cancelled and you are not able to leave before Sept 26, I did PM you the co-ordinates of a Visa Agent that can fix you a 1-year extension of stay for reason of marriage for 25.000 THB with no need for seasoned 400K on your personal thai bank-account.

Note: Obviously once the application process started and you are in the 3-4 week  'under consideration' period, you should not leave Thailand or the 1-year extension of stay will not have the 'approval' stamp.

Edited by Peter Denis