visa extension letter from uk embassy

Hi, are the British embassy issuing letters to help us get a 30 day extension once the amnesty finishes.  I have an expired non o ME visa and have used my 60 day extension.

My funds are all tied up in the UK, so no 1 year extension. but an extra 30 days here means 30 days less back in the UK, a trip im now resigned to having to do.

I have been on the embassy website but see no mention of letter, perhaps in my stressed out state im just missing it.

Thanks.

I have seen reports of them  saying they would not do the letter that immigration wants. They said the last time it was needed and then changed their minds after immigration informed them the were needed.

I just checekd this page and did not see anything about it. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand

• Like 1

I think there is a lot of diplomatic posturing going on about visa letters. If I was an ambassador I would say why are we helping Thai Immigration in their endless quest to get more paperwork? The Thai government has just as much information as the Embassies. I noticed that before the last amnesty the Australian embassy said they would not give letters until it became nearly certain there would be an amnesty and then they changed policy saying they will give letters when no one needed them anymore. I guess you have watched Yes Minister before.

• Like 2

As there are flights to the UK available that actually happen, I think they will probably follow other embassies who have stated that they will not issue visa extension letters.

I'd imagine that an embassy (any embassy) might still issue them in cases of extraordinary hardship, decided case by case, but that remains to be seen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Caldera said:

As there are flights to the UK available that actually happen, I think they will probably follow other embassies who have stated that they will not issue visa extension letters.

I'd imagine that an embassy (any embassy) might still issue them in cases of extraordinary hardship, decided case by case, but that remains to be seen.

Yes, flights to the UK have been available throughout the pandemic 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I managed to get an "embassy letter" from the Oz embassy due to extenuating circumstances but it's exactly the same as the last one except this one has a date on it.I will be trying it out soon to see about getting the extra 2 weeks needed for money in the bank for 2 months or even if they will let me get the one year extension for marriage otherwise I would have to try and travel to Oz to get a stamp to try and return to get another stamp which would mean paying sheetloads for tickets,quarantine and tests and stuff.Just for a stamp! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, stretch5163 said:

To the OP pray you dont need to go back to the UK as there are no longer any ME Non imm O you will only get a single entry 3 month non im O type visa although it still has pricing for a ME on the Thai Embassy Website.

Single entry is ok as whilst in the uk i can sign some papers and put 10k pounds in bank. i just want to limit the amount of time i have to stay in the uk.  If no joy with letter im gonna wait a couple of weeks and then book flight,  wifey and daughter not happy,  me neither.  

im thinking if im lucky 4 or 5 months away if not lucky.......i dont even want to think about it.

Just  phoned consular office, all notarial services have been suspended, there is a option if you have an emergency but im not sure my predicament qualifies as an emergency, would it be a bit like phoning 999 if you have lost your car keys.

Edited by CFCjeff

21 minutes ago, CFCjeff said:

Just  phoned consular office, all notarial services have been suspended, there is a option if you have an emergency but im not sure my predicament qualifies as an emergency, would it be a bit like phoning 999 if you have lost your car keys.

I took the squeaky wheel approach and it seemed to work just makes some noise as it is an emergency it's a global disaster emergency that's why there's an emergency decree.If you've paid your taxes you deserve some help from your embassy.It's causing me considerable anxiety as it is you.I would send emails everyday until they give you a letter.Throw in a few words like extremely stressful and hardship and any help adjectives you can think of,paint a grim picture.  

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, louthlincs said:

Any updates on this topic? I noticed the American embassy now providing support so wondered if Queen Betty is going to toe the line with her subjects in need! 

See this info about it.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#covid-19-visa-extension-applications--support-letter

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That's pretty much the same as the letter from the Irish embassy.there doesn't seem to be anything for people on short term visas.... Irish embassy is also charging 1400 BAHT for the letter if you meet the requirements.

1 hour ago, Daithi85 said:

That's pretty much the same as the letter from the Irish embassy.there doesn't seem to be anything for people on short term visas.... Irish embassy is also charging 1400 BAHT for the letter if you meet the requirements.

1400THB? Really? For what kind of people? That is excessive!

Those letters were free before. How do they justify charging 1,400THB now? And is this just for tourists who want to stay on or for all, including those with legitimate reasons to be here, but find themselves in limbo?

Edited by MagnumForce
  • Like 1

It's not for tourists,So no joy for anybody on a tourist visa or visa on arrival..it states it's for retirement, employment,and people with a Thai family...ye the Irish embassy has started to charge for alot of things that it didn't charge for before.1600 BAHT  now for a letter to say you want to change from old passport to a new one(letter for immigration)

I received my extension letter today from the UK embassy, they required me to sent them copies of passport, residence, visa stamps and marriage certificate, once they received that i got a letter about 10 minutes later. 

No charge.   

With a non o  me visa how many days do i get on this extension and can it be used on more than once ? .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CFCjeff said:

I received my extension letter today from the UK embassy, they required me to sent them copies of passport, residence, visa stamps and marriage certificate, once they received that i got a letter about 10 minutes later. 

No charge.   

With a non o  me visa how many days do i get on this extension and can it be used on more than once ? 

You will only get one extension per embassy letter. Most likely, they will only give you 30 days. However, there is a chance with your Thai wife present they might give you 60 days.

• Like 1