Case of infected Thai man in Japan yet to be confirmed

webfact

35 minutes ago, webfact said:

Anutin also mentioned that a couple of Thai institutions were working with Oxford University and pharmaceutical companies in the United Kingdom to develop a vaccine.

this is his foolish version of progress, never mind that the thaai companies clean the floors; more talk over results

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thai rhymes with lie, that should be enough for most people, however I see nothing about a Thai tie in, only an Indian company and Astra Zenica who have both signed up for a billion doses each. Let's all cross our fingers and hope Anutin doesn't mean they are supplying the transport.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, sotsira said:

No, Vaccines are tested on uninfected people to make them immune.

Preferably people that don't have functioning immune systems one could assume? :thumbsup:

I always thought that before a vaccine that had to be no other cure, the way the media shushes up any news of a cure that is touted by many, many Doctors that Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine both work as a cure, you would think that they are trying to force this vaccine upon us?

They wouldn't do that would they ????

Least we still have our Freedom! 

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

It's a preventative measure, not a cure.

Sure but they need the uninfected people to be exposed to the virus to ensure it actually works.

The best way to accelerate this is to infect them deliberately.

With some financial incentive I'm sure there would be 1000's of volunteers. This has already been done on a limited basis in some places, I believe they were paid a few thousand dollars each.

3 hours ago, Eibot said:

So your telling me the family is walking around freely at this moment?

They already tested his family and were negative (news reported yesterday).

2 hours ago, TomnearCentral said:

So you are saying the numbers are all faked?

I must be blind as well as I have not noticed the piles of dead bodies on every street corner here that apparently so many of the other posters on here also "wish" to exist in Thailand. 

They tested thousands of people alone after the recent fiasco with the Egyptian soldier and the Sudanese child and they did not find a single positive case or are you also saying that that was "fake news"?

Oh please !

I dont know one single person who has died of Covid in the UK , does that mean they dont exist.

It is actually a fact that in the 3 month period up to the end of May , 2,400 persons above the average died in Thailand.

Nobody knows if Covid was a factor because there was next to no testing .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin also mentioned that a couple of Thai institutions were working with Oxford University and pharmaceutical companies in the United Kingdom to develop a vaccine

So Thailands attempt at being the first in the world to develop a vaccine has been shelved...

So what is Thailand doing to help Oxford University with the project... supplying plastic bags to package them in?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

So Thailands attempt at being the first in the world to develop a vaccine has been shelved...

So what is Thailand doing to help Oxford University with the project... supplying plastic bags to package them in?

Being a customer helps, this thing will be mass produced at a large scale and that's going to cost a lot of money. They need to be sure they can sell a lot of it I would think.

From what I've read they're providing it to the government in the UK at cost which is nice considering a lot of funding came from government I believe, no doubt the UK government has a large credit balance on its account already due to investment but for foreign countries - that's where the profit will be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Yes, Yes and yes again. I also must ask what country has piles of dead bodies on street corners? I must admit that only having lived in Thailand for 10 years, 2 years several 1 year, 6 month and 3 month stretches in Bkk and the provinces including Kow Tow as a diving instructor I have a little experience with the quite often allergic reaction quite a lot of Thais have with the truth. Lies have spewed out of this government daily. 

Lies spew out of government in every country, it’s a politicians core competence.  That is what government does to manage/control whatever narrative they are chasing after at the moment. You hardly need to be a self appointed expert on Thailand to know this.

35 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Oh please !

I dont know one single person who has died of Covid in the UK , does that mean they dont exist.

It is actually a fact that in the 3 month period up to the end of May , 2,400 persons above the average died in Thailand.

Nobody knows if Covid was a factor because there was next to no testing .

That excess deaths figure for Thailand you mention appears to differ from the NYT study noted below. Their review of Thailand, albeit for the Mar-Apr period, notes the number of deaths as being normal.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/21/world/coronavirus-missing-deaths.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jchfriis said:

And in other news: "76 people killed on Thai roads on Tuesday", but who (in the government) cares?

With 20 000 road deaths ( and probably a lot more!) a year, that works out at 55 people a day, dying through stupidity and an uncaring government ! So why is the government doing nothing at all about this unnecessary tragedy ? How about a road lock down ? 

• Like 1

Thailand has done a great job  with the Virus  

But so did  NZ   and  AU  

but  it has  returned   and  is starting to be unstopable

Will  Thailand  be next  ?

Hope not  but   it is a worry  for  all  those  normal  Thai people  

I  do  not think the rich  care  

Money  fix  everything  ...lol

However   the Road toll  is something  that  needs to be  rectified   the  carnaige  is  ridiculous 

I would never drive in Thailand   and freak out  every time my wife  travel  to temples  in family  car  

The  opps  for  accidents  are just too  high to ignore

How to fix  ??  Do not think it can be  Too  many  cars    not enough police  

No  body  cares  ...."it will not happen to me !!!"

3 hours ago, sotsira said:

It's a preventative measure, not a cure.

So how do they test if they are immune please? With this Covid, or say with an HIV vaccine, give the jab and then get the subject to <deleted> someone WITH HIV?

58 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Being a customer helps, this thing will be mass produced at a large scale and that's going to cost a lot of money. They need to be sure they can sell a lot of it I would think.

From what I've read they're providing it to the government in the UK at cost which is nice considering a lot of funding came from government I believe, no doubt the UK government has a large credit balance on its account already due to investment but for foreign countries - that's where the profit will be.

The politics of vaccine distribution is going to be very interesting to say the least depending on who gets there first with one proven safe.