Case of infected Thai man in Japan yet to be confirmed

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He said Japan has a different virus screening process and the man’s family in Chiang Mai would be contacted to confirm if he had indeed contracted Covid-19, but the ministry was awaiting a statement from the Japanese government.

Anutin also mentioned that a couple of Thai institutions were working with Oxford University and pharmaceutical companies in the United Kingdom to develop a vaccine.

He avoids answering the question by throwing in the deflection in the last sentence, busted badly Anutin.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin also mentioned that a couple of Thai institutions were working with Oxford University and pharmaceutical companies in the United Kingdom to develop a vaccine.

Surely Anutin doesn't want help from the dirty non-showering farang. 

4 hours ago, TomnearCentral said:

So you are saying the numbers are all faked?

I must be blind as well as I have not noticed the piles of dead bodies on every street corner here that apparently so many of the other posters on here also "wish" to exist in Thailand. 

They tested thousands of people alone after the recent fiasco with the Egyptian soldier and the Sudanese child and they did not find a single positive case or are you also saying that that was "fake news"?

This is Thailand. Of course there fake. Everything here reported is made up, calibrated and faked. 

4 hours ago, TomnearCentral said:

I must be blind as well as I have not noticed the piles of dead bodies on every street corner here that apparently so many of the other posters on here also "wish" to exist in Thailand. 

They tested thousands of people alone after the recent fiasco with the Egyptian soldier and the Sudanese child and they did not find a single positive case or are you also saying that that was "fake news"?

Whether numbers published by Thai authorities on any subject whatsoever are 100% fact or fiction is irrelevant.  What is factual is that Thai authorities have zero credibility or trust (from Thais or foreigners) in anything they say or do so they will never be believed even if they were doing a great job.

It'll take decades to change 

2 hours ago, Madeline Thompson said:

My question on this very particular Thaivisa post:  it is one man, one Thai man who may have been

infected in Japan? (confusion over that) or simply one person who returned to Japan from Thailand

and may - or may not have - become infected in Thailand.  Just one man.

And why is this headline news????

"a Thai man in Japan contracted Covid-19 while in Thailand" is actually a miracle, certainly newsworthy.  

5 hours ago, stouricks said:

So how do they test if they are immune please? With this Covid, or say with an HIV vaccine, give the jab and then get the subject to <deleted> someone WITH HIV?

nope they will test its effectiveness by vaccinating people in areas of high infection. I believe that this Brazil and the USA, once they have cleared it with USA. Unfortunately for some that also means they also use a placebo to measure the effectiveness...sad for those 8n Brazil that get the placebo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, b2bme said:

Using your data source 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Both Thailand and Japan seem to be rather <deleted> at testing. Rated 144 and 153 in the world table of Covid reporting counties.

True, but then again I was replying to a poster that basically claimed that there is no testing in Thailand and as this new suspected case was found while arriving in Japan I just wanted to point out that if these numbers are to believed more people are getting tested in Thailand than in Japan.

Certainly both customers are not testing a lot, but why would you need to test a lot if there are not many serious cases (I am referring to Thailand here, not Japan...)? Sure, there can be a huge percentage of asymptomatic cases here, but then I would also suspect that there should be a lot more serious cases that would require hospital care than there apparently are.

For me personally the bottom line is that nobody really knows in any country in the world what the real figures are and I certainly do not think that Thailand is doing an exceptionally bad job at handling the situation, contrary to many other western countries in the world.

9 hours ago, TomnearCentral said:

Another one that seems to be waving the flag for the incompetent faking junta manipulators. UK - roughly same size as thailand - tested 18.8 million (25% population)- Thailand tested 750,000 (1 - yes ONE %) , uk tests per million 270,000 Tahiland a pathetic 7000.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Another one that seems to be waving the flag for the incompetent faking junta manipulators. UK - roughly same size as thailand - tested 18.8 million (25% population)- Thailand tested 750,000 (1 - yes ONE %) , uk tests per million 270,000 Tahiland a pathetic 7000.

Well done UK then! How many people died again in the UK and how many in Thailand?

Ah, I forgot all the dead bodies here in Thailand are not counted.....

Can there not be some middle ground with all you Thailand haters, does everything have to be Black or White? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

You actually think they are testing everyone in Thailand that dies everyday - which they do in uk ? Unbelievable 

1.) I never said that. What I meant was that there is no excess death in Thailand (if the number are to be believed, which obviously you do not as Thais and in specific this government is only lying, according to you and many others on here). 

2.) Whats your obsession with the UK? This thread should be about Japan and Thailand as far as I understand it.

3.) Are you sure that everybody that dies in the UK is tested after they die? I of course do know that a lot more people are tested over there and that virtually everybody that dies and that was previously tested positive is/was counted as a Covid19 death......

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The project would be presented to the Cabinet for approval of an estimated Bt600-million budget in order to advance the development and production of a vaccine in Thailand, he added.

Nice little earner for someone me thinks

Has yet to be confirmed ???? it's not treu thai people are immuun to the virus so it can't be treu ???????????????? impossible a thai person can be infected can't they see thailand has zero infections . Must be some other virus this person is infected with . Maybe the lie2020 virus that has taken over the thai government recently(actualy for many years already,but what the hack let's call it lie2020) 

21 hours ago, dabhand said:

That excess deaths figure for Thailand you mention appears to differ from the NYT study noted below. Their review of Thailand, albeit for the Mar-Apr period, notes the number of deaths as being normal.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/21/world/coronavirus-missing-deaths.html

Sorry cant post link on my phone but you can check the BBC quoted figures worldwide for the 3 months to May.

54 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Sorry cant post link on my phone but you can check the BBC quoted figures worldwide for the 3 months to May.

Thanks for that response. Looked at the BBC article and it mentions March as being the month of excess deaths. As the NYT article noted their analysis covered the period March to April, it just adds to the confusion on this issue.

Guess that it will just have to be covered under the 'lies, damned lies and statistics' quote.:biggrin:

On 8/13/2020 at 1:33 PM, TomnearCentral said:

The rate of people tested per million in Thailand is HIGHER than in Japan, just for your info.....

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 13.31.24.png

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 13.31.36.png

An interesting tabulation. Why have you omitted the sources for this data?

On 8/13/2020 at 1:39 PM, Scot123 said:

And some people still believe in the Tooth Fairy!!!

Scot123, 

My grandson aged 3 is 'people', he is really looking forward to the first visit of Tooth Fairy. :closedeyes::welcomeani:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fgmr said:

An interesting tabulation. Why have you omitted the sources for this data?

The source is the Worldometers website. Probably omitted as it is the usual 'go to' for this type of data on the  coronavirus issue.