Outlet keeps bricking electronics

Hal65

4 hours ago, RichCor said:

Apparently Lazada also Habotest HT106T is a "Thai" version for 299 thb

current trip at 30 mA - plug plug is a US type - the product has 3 colors: blue, yellow, black - printed text available in both Thai OR English language

Looks very promising, correct voltage and RCD test current.

20 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

sure it can, and that could kill all appliances

the 10+ million baht home I live in, has get me shocked on some occasions touching my computer, the oven, etc...

because of a cheap ass electrical wannabe that wired all the houses here

No grounding ...

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Davedub said:

The Thai electricity supply can often have voltage spikes that can cause damage to electronics. I have a voltage regulator between my mains outlet and more expensive computing equipment at my office for this reason. I also had a (relatively cheap) surge protector fitted into the fusebox for the same reason.

Any well qualified and experienced electrician would be able to advise you on this better than I.

I learned years ago to never plug any sensitive/ expensive equipment directly to the wall socket. I have several surge protector power strips for that purpose. The good ones are not cheap, but worth it.

8 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

No grounding ...

Reminds me of my school days. It was common to earth by attaching the earth wire to a water pipe that went into the ground. On one tap I always got a "tickle" when using it. I didn't understand about electricity then so thought it was normal. However it must have been some electrical appliance leaking to earth and the water pipe not being a good earth, so earthing through me when I touched it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RichCor said:

With Lazada, I've found it's sometimes worth it to search the site 6 ways to Sunday (if you don't want to be caught out overpaying +700 baht on a 300 baht item).

Apparently Lazada also Habotest HT106T is a "Thai" version for 299 thb

current trip at 30 mA - plug plug is a US type - the product has 3 colors: blue, yellow, black - printed text available in both Thai OR English language

4b1b190cfb071042527093953e97c18d.jpg_1200x1200q80.jpg

Yep these are the ones that were produced not long after I got in touch with the production center. Even the text in Thai , although a bit altered afterwards, I've supplied to them.

Even the 'T' in the HT105T , T from TIS. The only thing that wasn't done was turning the socket 180 degrees.

You can buy them online at Lazada and Shopee, and you will get them faster then the other plugs as they are on stock in Thailand. In fact they are shipped as OEM with US casing, EU internals and custom printed front. Assembled in Thailand by the suppliers.

No, I'm not one of them and has no affiliate with them????

Regular price from China is 175 thb.

8 hours ago, RichCor said:

...also found this little item, but as it's a "UK" item using plastic plug adapters (L/N pins reversed?) I don't think it's really usable for us here in Thailand:

Lazada,  Multifunction Socket Outlet RCD GFCI Test And BSIDE Voltage Detector  364 baht

image.png.f8620e15622f998d97a62c484189c931.png

That one looks very nice , even has measuring the voltage between Neutral and Earth which is something that I was 'missing' on other small socket testers.

It looks like that many of those has the "AU" Australian prongs and comes with the adapter to convert to US, EU or UK.

I'm going to order one soon so I can do a review ????

This one does look nice too and a bit more 'rugged'.

image.png.2d29c5f6f8fef0038acdc59bc0b5decc.png

Found here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1